Marquise Lightfoot commits to Miami

Advertisement
They had a small class, only signed 19, because they've added so many from the Portal over the last 2 classes they were limited on Scholly room.
I tend to care more about averages in the class because numbers skew everything just surprised to see them so far down in that regard

Just shocked to not see any real elites or 5 stars in the class

Advertisement
Lightfoot was a heck of an eval and Blount is crazy too because I feel when the big kids reclass they usually drop that fifth star.

Not sure I would consider Lightfoot was an eval. Lol. Bro’s been a 4* since the start of his Jr year, & became a high 4* by the time he committed to us. Everyone was on this kid. His get off is insane, & how disruptive he was in the all star game made it undeniable to give him a 5th star.

Also, w/ so many kids reclassifying as the new norm now, I’ve noticed 247 composite is not dropping their ratings. Hollywood Williams is another kid who was 5* 2025 kid & they kept him a 5*. He wasn’t the #1 WR anymore from the reclassification, but maintained that 5th star.

Advertisement
Not sure I would consider Lightfoot was an eval. Lol. Bro’s been a 4* since the start of his Jr year, & became a high 4* by the time he committed to us. Everyone was on this kid. His get off is insane, & how disruptive he was in the all star game made it undeniable to give him a 5th star.

Also, w/ so many kids reclassifying as the new norm now, I’ve noticed 247 composite is not dropping their ratings. Hollywood Williams is another kid who was 5* 2025 kid & they kept him a 5*. He wasn’t the #1 WR anymore from the reclassification, but maintained that 5th star.
For sure. OSU was sickened when he picked us over them

We did that to them a lot actually

I know they thought they had Marley Cook locked up as well (with Scott and some others) so I’m intrigued by Cook

Looks like Patterson just missed being a 5 star as well yeah? He’s ranked higher than Trader.

Not for nothing but wtf happened to USC this year?

What happened to SC this yr? Dan Lanning happened to USC this yr. Lol.

Also, it’s to be noted that Riley has had some top 10 classes, but he’s also had some top 15 classes on the heels of winning big. I think he’s more of a system recruiter vs. big name recruiter. Even though they are #20, their avg. recruit rating is still at a blue chip level.

What happened to SC this yr? Dan Lanning happened to USC this yr. Lol.

Also, it’s to be noted that Riley has had some top 10 classes, but he’s also had some top 15 classes on the heels of winning big. I think he’s more of a system recruiter vs. big name recruiter. Even though they are #20, their avg. recruit rating is still at a blue chip level.
I’d be curious to see what their fans have been saying. This board loves them some Lincoln Riley

Looks like they had to go pretty heavy on OL just strange to see so few elite skill players in the class

Not suggesting it’s some sort of meltdown, Riley will be fine. Just odd is all.

Michigan's last 4 class rankings:

2024 - 19
2023 - 20
2022 - 12
2021 - 13

Recruiting Championships only matter when you can't actually win on the field.
Yeah but Michigan prob doesn’t need Stallions if they had top 5 classes 😅

Advertisement
That’s a wild stat. February national signing day has become irrelevant

I miss NSD. I would always make up an excuse to come to work late that day. Iirc, ESD was a Saban rule. Could swear that bro was bytching about not being able to recruit while prepping for bowl games, & teams that don’t have bowl games are able to still recruit and blah blah blah.

ESD doesn’t have the same flare & pageantry as NSD, ALTHOUGH I still remember the time I took off for the class of 2013 with Kirkland & Matthew Thomas set to commit on 02/06/13:

We just had an absolute kick to the ball sack by Alex Collins committing to Arkansas a couple days prior, & then kneed in the rear in end w/ the Kirkland & Thomas commitments to Arkansas & FSU, respectively. Also, the fax drama of Collins gave false hope that mama would win out, & he would come to Miami.

Just brutal ish; still remember my blood pressure rising, & this taste of metal in my mouth as I was hella heated. Woof

I’d be curious to see what their fans have been saying. This board loves them some Lincoln Riley

Looks like they had to go pretty heavy on OL just strange to see so few elite skill players in the class

Not suggesting it’s some sort of meltdown, Riley will be fine. Just odd is all.

Fans r fine; they were upset w/ the defense x 100. USC is notorious for pumping out defense, so to see their teams score 40 to give up 50 was surreal. They’re still all in, but this yr will be a pressure yr for him. I know this for a fact; it’s quietly being felt.

Advertisement
Fans r fine; they were upset w/ the defense x 100. USC is notorious for pumping out defense, so to see their teams score 40 to give up 50 was surreal. They’re still all in, but this yr will be a pressure yr for him. I know this for a fact; it’s quietly being felt.
Kinda what I figured. I’m sure the goodwill from the first season is still flying high but I would think a lot of the fans would be like **** what just happened

As you said Lanning came in and laid it down

I expect to see them bounce back in 2025 but if not it could start to get weird yeah

Kinda what I figured. I’m sure the goodwill from the first season is still flying high but I would think a lot of the fans would be like **** what just happened

As you said Lanning came in and laid it down

I expect to see them bounce back in 2025 but if not it could start to get weird yeah

If this season is another 7 to 8 win season, he’ll be on that Harbaugh plan, imho.

He literally had 2 top 10 classes his first 2 years.

Wanna take a guess what Harbaugh's classes at Michigan have been ranked over the last 4 seasons?

(Hint: it's not in the top 10)
Yea but you know **** well he has no defensive standouts on that DL. Maybe a 5 star qb a 5 star receiver but I never expect him to field anything in the trenches that can stand up to elite teams. I know his first cycle with the rah rah he got a top class but I thought if that hype died down he would be hovering around 9ish. IMO I don’t think that can get it done in terms of bringing a natty there. I could be wrong but let’s see. I was going off 247 where they were ranked 17

Yea but you know **** well he has no defensive standouts on that DL. Maybe a 5 star qb a 5 star receiver but I never expect him to field anything in the trenches that can stand up to elite teams. I know his first cycle with the rah rah he got a top class but I thought if that hype died down he would be hovering around 9ish. IMO I don’t think that can get it done in terms of bringing a natty there. I could be wrong but let’s see. I was going off 247 where they were ranked 17
This is his third year. They have brought in a good amount of high 4* DL through portal.

Advertisement
Back