Marquez Williams Signs 4 Yr Contract with Jags

Advertisement
Advertisement
Don't entirely understand this but very, very happy!

Can you expound on that a little?

Sure. But first: hands up, don't shoot.

He was a one year D1 player with limited film who only started in ~5 games and didn't get all that much burn.

I should have said this was "unexpected" -- not that I don't get it, because I do. Marquez is strong and tough and moves well for his size; great combo to open holes for Fournette. I think the Jags were smart and it was a good pick. Perhaps Richt could have leaned on him more. I just expected him to land somewhere as an UFA.

Fair?

Couldn't be happier for the big fella. Another reason recruits and grad transfers should consider coming here.

Advertisement
Quez, Colbert, and Dee will be one and dones that will get drafted. Makes Pastor Richt look like a genius to grad transfers.

Advertisement
A year ago he was a virtual unknown, pinching himself because he got the chance to play big time college football for a year. Today he signed a million $ /mult-year NFL contract.

I'd say he's probably pretty happy with the way his decision has turned out

Advertisement

He was a one year D1 player with limited film who only started in ~5 games and didn't get all that much burn.

I should have said this was "unexpected" -- not that I don't get it, because I do. Marquez is strong and tough and moves well for his size; great combo to open holes for Fournette. I think the Jags were smart and it was a good pick. Perhaps Richt could have leaned on him more. I just expected him to land somewhere as an UFA.

Fair?

Let me break this down for you.

It's the :neonu: effect.

Fair?

I'm going to assume you're a smart person and will eventually figure this out. The information is all there.

I'll get you started, when they looked at his Miami film, they weren't really looking very hard at his running.

Fair?

Let me break this down for you.

It's the :neonu: effect.

umm... okay.. keep thinking it the 80s..

orrr... it could be Jacksonville desperately trying to improve their running game (that fail with yet another Bama RB, go figure) and their team by keeping the ball outta Bortles hands as much as possible.

Classic said nothing wrong.. we only used him for 5-6 games then we randomly went to the RPO offense with Kaaya at QB and after going after a JUCO FB.. but I'm glad the guy got drafted to a place that will actually use him more then we did.

Fair?

I'm going to assume you're a smart person and will eventually figure this out. The information is all there.

I'll get you started, when they looked at his Miami film, they weren't really looking very hard at his running.

Thanks for the vote of confidence, Rainbow Brite, but I got it. It's apparently a crime to be surprised a kid went seventh round instead of UFA. I'm pumped though, Jesus Christ.

Advertisement
Back