Marquez Williams Signs 4 Yr Contract with Jags

70k gets spread over 4 years.. so he gets $17,500 each year he stays on the team. I seem him like a Le'Ron McClain type...

Advertisement
Don't entirely understand this but very, very happy!

Can you expound on that a little?

Sure. But first: hands up, don't shoot.

He was a one year D1 player with limited film who only started in ~5 games and didn't get all that much burn.

I should have said this was "unexpected" -- not that I don't get it, because I do. Marquez is strong and tough and moves well for his size; great combo to open holes for Fournette. I think the Jags were smart and it was a good pick. Perhaps Richt could have leaned on him more. I just expected him to land somewhere as an UFA.

Fair?
https://youtu.be/is4QewMv4UU
That's plenty of film for a FB

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Somehow our own members of this board turn somebody saying the kid signed a 4 year deal for a few million into something they don't understand & are fighting about it. ******* clowns.

Advertisement
70k gets spread over 4 years.. so he gets $17,500 each year he stays on the team. I seem him like a Le'Ron McClain type...

It gets spread over 4 years for the Jags on their salary cap.

But I'm almost certain Williams gets all $70K when he signs.

It gets spread over 4 years for the Jags on their salary cap.

But I'm almost certain Williams gets all $70K when he signs.

he cashes out that 70k from now....that aint getting spread out...

Williams literally hit a lick...he should thank Mark Richt's son for this....from Mars Hill to a 70k signing bonus come up...dude bout to make 500k plus a year

Somehow our own members of this board turn somebody saying the kid signed a 4 year deal for a few million into something they don't understand & are fighting about it. ******* clowns.

That's on me. I voiced my surprise (and excitement) that our dude got drafted, and I got jumped like a chesty brunette on the bang bus.

It's easy to say "no, duh!" now, but my sole thought here was, "Thought he'd be a UFA. Good for him!"

I'm not humbled, but I will fade into the bushes on this one. OCCC, you can still blow me.

Advertisement
Thats amazing...FB's are a dying breed and this dude came to Miami one year and gets drafted....

Best decision Williams probably ever made coming to this U.. I'd think Dye would take a hint follow suit but now his career gonna die cuz nobody looking for RBs and fkin ECU.

He was a one year D1 player with limited film who only started in ~5 games and didn't get all that much burn.

I should have said this was "unexpected" -- not that I don't get it, because I do. Marquez is strong and tough and moves well for his size; great combo to open holes for Fournette. I think the Jags were smart and it was a good pick. Perhaps Richt could have leaned on him more. I just expected him to land somewhere as an UFA.

Fair?

I'm going to assume you're a smart person and will eventually figure this out. The information is all there.

I'll get you started, when they looked at his Miami film, they weren't really looking very hard at his running.

Thanks for the vote of confidence, Rainbow Brite, but I got it. It's apparently a crime to be surprised a kid went seventh round instead of UFA. I'm pumped though, Jesus Christ.

Also, there are very few schools who use or develop fullbacks these days. Having skills at a position in short supply increases your chances

Advertisement

Fair?

I'm going to assume you're a smart person and will eventually figure this out. The information is all there.

I'll get you started, when they looked at his Miami film, they weren't really looking very hard at his running.

Thanks for the vote of confidence, Rainbow Brite, but I got it. It's apparently a crime to be surprised a kid went seventh round instead of UFA. I'm pumped though, Jesus Christ.

I was also surprised he was drafted. 2.5 million for 4 years beats most jobs for 4 years!!

I'll take a little license here . . . If you were a GM would you have drafted MW? I believe that was the point. He didn't bash MW. He said he didn't understand. Whats not to understand you say? Well the league isn't exactly a running league anymore. How many teams keep a fullback on the roster?

I don't understand how one poster says he doesn't understand and then folks go holier than though on his ***. Why? He didn't say anything bad about MW.

Fair?

Hands up dont shoot was a lie, a myth, a hoax so your point is not valid

Last edited:
Advertisement
Colbert and Williams are incredible testimonials for Grad Transfers to UM.

He wasnt even used that much the 2nd half of the season bc our oline run blocking was terrible.... the draft aint all about numbers and production.

Jags are trying to create a monster power run game with Marquez Williams stampeding in front of a bull dozer in Leonard Fournette, ohhhh somebody getting hurt.

Advertisement
Back