Marquez Williams Signs 4 Yr Contract with Jags

What I don't understand is why the Jaguars are thinking that building a power run game is the cure for what ails them... What good does it do you to be able to pound the rock when you're always getting blown out?

Good for Marquez though. For his sake, I hope I'm wrong about Fournette's NFL career. Go 'Canes!

Well, the air-it-out offense hasn't worked for them. Coughlin being old school, I'm sure he feels a ball-control offense would yield better results. Especially if they don't think BoRtles is the guy.

Agreed. They might of thought it would be easier to build a power running offense around Fournette than to keep throwing draft picks at quarterbacks hoping one turns out to be a savior.

Not sure I agree with the philosophy but whatever, the Jags have been horrible for a while.

Advertisement
What I don't understand is why the Jaguars are thinking that building a power run game is the cure for what ails them... What good does it do you to be able to pound the rock when you're always getting blown out?

Good for Marquez though. For his sake, I hope I'm wrong about Fournette's NFL career. Go 'Canes!

Well, the air-it-out offense hasn't worked for them. Coughlin being old school, I'm sure he feels a ball-control offense would yield better results. Especially if they don't think BoRtles is the guy.

Agreed. They might of thought it would be easier to build a power running offense around Fournette than to keep throwing draft picks at quarterbacks hoping one turns out to be a savior.

Not sure I agree with the philosophy but whatever, the Jags have been horrible for a while.

It's a great philosophy, I don't understand why more teams don't adopt it. How often do first round QBs end up being saviours, and how often do they just waste a huge chunk of the team's money? One thing the Ravens do well is rarely fall into that trap. Other than Boller, I'm not sure they've ever taken a QB in the 1st, and they've won a pair of SBs. I'm guessing less than 50% of the QBs you'd actually want on your team were 1st round guys.

Advertisement
what a year for this man. went from probably a normal life after football to getting a call from richt, now a millionaire playing nfl ball

Advertisement
I hope this guy becomes the next Lorenzo Neal in the league. Great opportunity to lead block for Fournette and apparently catch passes from the FB position! Nice!

This post aged well... (from the perspective of the Jaguars, unfortunately, it looks like Marquez got hurt and was waived in October, not sure if he was picked up by any practice squad)

Go Jags

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back