Marques Gayot

Advertisement
Johnson > Gayot, ill take both tho. I doubt we are going to offer Johnson at all though.

Im inching towards that too but I do think Johnson was closer to an offer then you think if he had his weight right but we may never know

Think about it, a bcs d1 program didn't offer a kid because of his weight? When he could put on 20 pounds as a freshman? Doubt it. Might have been the transcripts which Paul Williams received, or somethin else

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I'm sure Louisville paid this recruit whose best offers are from USF and Kentucky other than Louisville.

Advertisement
Yeah, I'm sure Louisville paid this recruit whose best offers are from USF and Kentucky other than Louisville.

Obviously you don't understand sarcasm. It's a joke as he said he chose UL because of their facilities and he has yet to even visit the school.

Johnson > Gayot, ill take both tho. I doubt we are going to offer Johnson at all though.

Im inching towards that too but I do think Johnson was closer to an offer then you think if he had his weight right but we may never know

Think about it, a bcs d1 program didn't offer a kid because of his weight? When he could put on 20 pounds as a freshman? Doubt it. Might have been the transcripts which Paul Williams received, or somethin else

I admit it doesnt seem right but looking at the way it seems the staff recruits safeties I think they like a safety who 200 or a little bit more. I don't think that's smart but it seem to be what they look for and if it was another reason I would at least hope they would just be honest. If we get Gayot though I won't complain at all

**** not everybody gets paid. I think some of them do and let's be real everybody thinks so if the kid is elite but at the same time we can't just always put kids in that box

Advertisement
Kid has a nice build and seems to be pretty instinctive. I dnt really like his competition but seems to be a solid prospect so lets sign him up.

IMO its def the other way around, watch Gayot's film then watch Johnson's.

Gayot is way better than Johnson and its not even close.

So much more physical and is always around the ball.

Remember that both have camped for our coaches and Gayot has an offer and Johnson does not.

If UL does end up with both then watch out, that will be a bad a$$ Safety unit.

I'm sold, Gayot is the Safety I want in this class.

Advertisement
We could learn a little from Louisville with respect to defensive recruiting in south Florida. They have recruited several 2 and 3 stars kids that have played well for them. I'd like to have some of the kids in their secondary..

IMO its def the other way around, watch Gayot's film then watch Johnson's.

Gayot is way better than Johnson and its not even close.

So much more physical and is always around the ball.

Remember that both have camped for our coaches and Gayot has an offer and Johnson does not.

If UL does end up with both then watch out, that will be a bad a$$ Safety unit.

I'm sold, Gayot is the Safety I want in this class.

+1

I like Johnson's potential but, from their film, Gayot looks better. He's more physical, more instinctive, a sound tackler, and really delivers a big blow when he hits. Gayot looks like be can play both SS and FS while Johnson is only a FS.

I think the coaches have it right.

Advertisement
Gayot is better than Johnson, it isn't close at all. I think Johnson's offer depended on how he performed at camp and I remember Pete saying in one of his camp reports that he struggled in coverage during 1 on 1s so I'm guessing that's the reason he didn't get offered.

Last edited:
We could learn a little from Louisville with respect to defensive recruiting in south Florida. They have recruited several 2 and 3 stars kids that have played well for them. I'd like to have some of the kids in their secondary..

louisville defense is not good, they gave up alot of points to mediocre schools and mediocre speed.. great win against florida and unc last year my hats off to them.. but lets not make it like they are setting the world on fire with that D (neither are we for that matter but just saying im not using them as a benchmark)

Advertisement
Back