Marques Gayot

Advertisement
Obviously there's a lot of things we don't know about the situation and I trust the coaches, but as someone looking in from the outside, some of their decisions on who gets offers completely baffle me

Louisville is telling kids they are "the new Miami". lol.

They can get any kid qualified most of the time, and the made it to a BCS bowl and kicked the gaytors azzes, a team in which we are hoping to beat in week 2. Also alot of sfla kids are there 2, so thats how they sell it to them.

i like Gayot more.

Kid is big time on both sides of the ball and playus against better competition and have been putting up numbers for awhile.

Louisville was trying to sneak him out of here...as people in Palm Beach were calling him one of the top prospects in the county.

Advertisement
Johnson > Gayot, ill take both tho. I doubt we are going to offer Johnson at all though.

Im inching towards that too but I do think Johnson was closer to an offer then you think if he had his weight right but we may never know

Think about it, a bcs d1 program didn't offer a kid because of his weight? When he could put on 20 pounds as a freshman? Doubt it. Might have been the transcripts which Paul Williams received, or somethin else

I admit it doesnt seem right but looking at the way it seems the staff recruits safeties I think they like a safety who 200 or a little bit more. I don't think that's smart but it seem to be what they look for and if it was another reason I would at least hope they would just be honest. If we get Gayot though I won't complain at all

you're reasoning doesn't make because we have offered numerous safeties under 200. Gayot isn't even 200

To every opinion their own, I think Johnson is better & has a higher ceiling. Gayot ran a 4.65 by the way. Our staff evaluation says one thing, but other staffs are higher on Johnson than Gayot. Ill trust our staff as long as they are getting wins. This year is huge

As long as were talking Safteys that we recruiting... Kiy Hester just committed to Rutgers...

JC

Advertisement
Johnson > Gayot, ill take both tho. I doubt we are going to offer Johnson at all though.

Im inching towards that too but I do think Johnson was closer to an offer then you think if he had his weight right but we may never know

Think about it, a bcs d1 program didn't offer a kid because of his weight? When he could put on 20 pounds as a freshman? Doubt it. Might have been the transcripts which Paul Williams received, or somethin else

I admit it doesnt seem right but looking at the way it seems the staff recruits safeties I think they like a safety who 200 or a little bit more. I don't think that's smart but it seem to be what they look for and if it was another reason I would at least hope they would just be honest. If we get Gayot though I won't complain at all

you're reasoning doesn't make because we have offered numerous safeties under 200. Gayot isn't even 200

Looking back you're right idk im trying to come with logical reasoning but I also trust the staff

They're different kinds of safeties to me. Johnson has better range and can cover more ground playing centerfield. May have slightly better ball skills also. Gayot is more of a rover who does his best work around the box. He's great in run support and will lay out receivers going across the middle

Advertisement
This kid could play he reminds me of antrell rolle when he was in college the kid ran a 4.5 at 205 lbs but he plays faster then that.. if he could stay at that 205lbs weight in college and continue to get faster this kid could be the next All-American safety at Miami...

This kid could play he reminds me of antrell rolle when he was in college the kid ran a 4.5 at 205 lbs but he plays faster then that.. if he could stay at that 205lbs weight in college and continue to get faster this kid could be the next All-American safety at Miami...

Antrell Rolle? All American? You're reaching

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
With 2014 FS Nick Glass from georgia being kicked off his team and some say out of football all together UM would be wise to revist this young man.

Go Canes

Gayots 2013 Sr year Mid-Season highlights

[video]http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1003985/highlights/69360379?autoplay=1[/video]

Gayot leads fast, aggressive Park Vista defense to four straight wins
Senior safety and Louisville commit has 18 career interceptions

Marques Gayot at Sun Sentinel High School Media Day. (Carline Jean / Sun Sentinel )
October 8, 2013|By Andrew Ivins, Staff writer

Lake Worth — Brian Dodds can only recall a handful of kids who played varsity football as freshmen, but at least one stands out for the eighth-year coach.

Senior safety Marques Gayot has started every game in his career at Park Vista, and he's one of the cardinal reasons the Cobras have won four straight and are off to a 4-1 start.

Gayot is the leader of one of the most athletic defenses in Palm Beach County, as the Cobras dominate with speed at almost every position.

"This is the fastest we have ever been," Dodds said. "It's been kind of the luck of the draw. When I first came here we had a huge offensive line, but as time has progressed we have got a little bit smaller."

In previous years the Cobras had leaned on a power run game to outwork opponents, but the trend now for Dodds has been to rely on a defense that can generate turnovers and stall opposing offenses.

Last week, Park Vista shutdown John I. Leonard with a 34-0 victory behind two interceptions from Gayot. The week before that, Gayot returned an interception 67-yards for a touchdown to prime a 30-21 come-back win over District 10-8A rival Santaluces. Park Vista will host Jupiter on Friday before two key district road games against Boca Raton and Palm Beach Central.

"It's been the key turnovers," Dodds said. "We have been fortunate enough to make key plays in certain situations and that's helped us."

Gayot is the school leader with 18 career interceptions, and the safety valve of the defense. The 6-foot-1, 205 pound athlete committed to Louisville this past summer, but he isn't the only college-level talent on the roster.

Senior linebacker Renard Cheren also played on the varsity squad as a freshman and last month he verbally committed to Northern Illinois.

The duo of Cheren and Gayot have set a standard for the Cobras, and according to Dodds, that's circulated throughout the locker room. Seniors Dalton Barkman and Emmanuel Smith have made their fair share of plays in the secondary, while a host of underclassmen have stepped up.

"When you have guys with high caliber talent, the kids emulate those kids. They try to follow along and be those guys and that raises the bar," Dodds said.

The past two seasons Park Vista lost in the regional quarterfinal and that's why Dodds scheduled a game against nationally-ranked Colerain (Ohio) to open the season. While the Cobras lost on the road 45-27 to Colerain, the experience of playing against high-level competition has been viewed as crucial.

Gayot says that facing a team like Colerain has only helped the team find an identity.

"We feel like that if we can compete with them, we can compete with anybody else. That just made us better," Gayot said.

Link to Story
http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/2013-10-08/sports/fl-park-vista-gayot-1009-20131008_1_brian-dodds-dalton-barkman-marques-gayot#

Very good article and I think UM can flip this kid even with a late offer. I wonder what the knock is on this kid that has UM slow playing him.

Go Canes

Last edited:
I agree Paranos. He would be a great addition to the class. I am still wondering why he doesnt have an offer. Golden might have something up his sleeve.

Advertisement
Back