Mark Walton

Advertisement
Seems that Central would have a more legitimate chance at a state title next year. They return Qb Keith Reed, Devante Phillips, and if Walton comes in that will balance the attack. At BTW he will be the focal point of the offense with defenses keying on him.

Not sure I am following the mindset on the class change. Anyone care to enlighten me as to why this may or may not happen? And the benefit it would have for him, or us for that matter?

He is 17 years old right now and should be a class of 2015 kid. He was held back along the way and is trying to get back into his natural class

Thanks Pete
482.gif

Advertisement
I've been hearing Ice is being looked at for a "quality control" coach at UM. Similar to Hurlies previous role.

Would be a smart move on Golden's part.

That would send a BIG message to other colleges around that we are really putting up a fence around south Florida....Ice Harris is a Legend here along with a Roland Smith, Walt Frazier, and Billy Rolle....He is a BIG voice in the inner city community and throught....hope it happens

I've been hearing Ice is being looked at for a "quality control" coach at UM. Similar to Hurlies previous role.

This again? :diaf:

I think it is to late to do that anyway. Pretty sure Universities aren't allowed to touch parents of recruits within 12months of their kid getting a athletic scholarship.

That would send a BIG message to other colleges around that we are really putting up a fence around south Florida....Ice Harris is a Legend here along with a Roland Smith, Walt Frazier, and Billy Rolle....He is a BIG voice in the inner city community and throught....hope it happens

You guys may be right, but the "fence" around SoFla is shorter than the fence along the Rio Grande. Only so much you can protect.

Advertisement

You guys may be right, but the "fence" around SoFla is shorter than the fence along the Rio Grande. Only so much you can protect.

It's not about a fence.

It's about constantly looking to improve your staff in any way.

See the hires of Harriott and Cogdell.

It's not about a fence.

It's about constantly looking to improve your staff in any way.

See the hires of Harriott and Cogdell.

Don't get me wrong brother, I am all about making that move should it present itself. My point was that SoFla has a lot more than 25-30 studs every year, and countless needles in the haystack that slip below the radar. Ice would be the perfect addition to ground this staff in the community, but still wouldn't land everyone.

I think it is to late to do that anyway. Pretty sure Universities aren't allowed to touch parents of recruits within 12months of their kid getting a athletic scholarship.

Well after Treon sign i think they can cause FSU did something similar with mario edwards sr after mario edwards jr signed

Advertisement
He's done a nice job backing us into a corner here. Give him his plum gig back and we'll get Treon and keep Chad (stop the bleeding).

Otherwise, he'll unleash more problems.

Well played, old man.

Well after Treon sign i think they can cause FSU did something similar with mario edwards sr after mario edwards jr signed
I remember reading they changed rule because of that.

" Arranging or providing employment for a student-athlete's parents, guardians or friends."
http://www.aggieathletics.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=205238364

I thought we hired Ice in 2008 to a "non football" (wink wink) position?

When Al came on board in 2010/2011 Ice resigned/was forced out/fired (who knows)?

Did you guys forget about this? Didn't know about this? What?

Advertisement
From speaking to him he seems solid, just wants to look around and see schools. What I don't get is why it was such a shock to people when he said it.

From speaking to him he seems solid, just wants to look around and see schools. What I don't get is why it was such a shock to people when he said it.

Not sure if it was you or not, and I am certainly not criticizing the kid, but it was made to seem like he would be a Duke type of recruit for us. Now, people should be smarter than that, but that's what happened.

I'm not against Ice coming on board but he was on staff before and it didn't make much of a difference. If he comes on board he needs to be an actual position coach who can get out and recruit and not sit at a desk.

Advertisement
Back