Mark Walton

Advertisement
Am I missing something here? Why would adding Ice BACK on the staff, have such a huge impact in keeping So Fla kids home? I mean I dont think it could hurt, and Im not against it, but I dont get why people think this is going to suddenly have a huge impact on keeping local kids in So Fla. He was on staff under Shannon and we had just as many problems, if not more with So Fla talent then. Although I suspect that AG might use Ice more effectively than Shannon did.

I have no problem with this hire if true, though I find it a bit far fetched, I just dont think its going to have the big recruiting impact some do.

Number 1 bs knock on AG is that he doesn't know how to recruit/keep SFL studs. Hiring Ice would be a solid move to kill that noise.

@SFHSSports: MAJOR NEWS - 2016 RB Mark Walton, formerly of Booker T, now enrolled at Miami Central. We are at Central 4 hoops & Walton here & confirmed.

Confirmed he's at central

Shout Pete for always being ahead of things

@SFHSSports: MAJOR NEWS - 2016 RB Mark Walton, formerly of Booker T, now enrolled at Miami Central. We are at Central 4 hoops & Walton here & confirmed.

I wonder what this means for BTW.

Advertisement

Not sure, but all this transferring around, especially if a kid is trying to reclassify, can't be a good thing for us. It might not hurt for some kids, but we have a hard enough time getting kids in already...

528.jpg

321 Recruits ‏@raefsu23 13m
Columbus RB Amir Rasul transfers to BTW and RB Mark Walton has transfered to Miami Central from MIami Booker T. Washington.

So BTW replaces Walton with another 2016 stud.

Advertisement

Columbus RB Amir Rasul transfers to BTW and RB Mark Walton has transfered to Miami Central from MIami Booker T. Washington.

Amir is no way an even replacement to Walton. Amir is a track kid but as far as a RB not even close to Walton.

Amir is no way an even replacement to Walton. Amir is a track kid but as far as a RB not even close to Walton.

Agreed, a lot of people have told me that they expect Rasul to simply focus on track soon. He holds the junior olympic record for 100 meter with a 11.03.

Advertisement
BTW will be fine. Stud athletes all over Overtown so the program will continue. There is a reason no one in the BTW program is crying about it.

I do not see Walton transferring to Central as bad for us. Everyone will be after this kid anyway. At Central we have a Cane as HC and just landed two huge studs from there. Keeping Walton will be hard becuase he is big time, but I think this helps.

Advertisement
so much attention is being pug in to recruiting and recruits .. with all the ESPN + AU games, and rankings etc... just how it happened to college football.. high school football is becoming a big money making venture.

and where there is money, morals, equality, doing the right thing etc.. go right out the door.

that being said... a kid like Walton has every right to do what he wants. if we allow kids to go to college junior year out of high school for education .. why not transfer to another school to get what you want?

Advertisement
Back