Mark Richt

Advertisement
I liked the hire, however the moment I heard that he hired his son to coach QB's I was done with him. He took the job knowing he was burnt out just to give his son a sweet paying job. Pathetic
He said when he took the job that HE wanted to coach the QB’s but he needed someone to assist with the drills while he focused on the rest of the team.

I agree. There was something about him that didn't look right. At many times during that season, he looked like the old Muhammad Ali that had taken too many head shots. Like he was awake, but not totally "there". When he came out and told the press about his diagnosis, it all made sense to me.
@The Franchise called this wayyyy before anyone did...

Advertisement
Gotta love him he basically just called out the university on the huddle.. he said the university fell behind in dumping resources into the football program and that we was living off the past and that the university needs to fly to Alabama and to Clemson and Ohio State etc. To better understand what a winning program looks like in person and then build the university of Miami in such way..??? Thoughts and it's embarrassing the university went cheap for so with us being a private university with nowhere to build an on campus stadium.. and he said we have to win early to get fans into the stands Mark Richt love the guy wish he would of stayed on in some capacity

Didnt Smart come into Georgia and complete upgrade the infrastructure of the program? Richt doesn’t even know what he’s talking about

Last edited:
Advertisement
I liked the hire, however the moment I heard that he hired his son to coach QB's I was done with him. He took the job knowing he was burnt out just to give his son a sweet paying job. Pathetic
He had the leverage to do so and he gave us a season we haven’t had in over a decade plus all the excitement for us an IPF finally, I’ll give him a pass bc he left at the right time too. He immediately brought legitimacy to the program and that’s what Mario will do but Mario is still hungry and a relentless recruiter.

He had the leverage to do so and he gave us a season we haven’t had in over a decade plus all the excitement for us an IPF finally, I’ll give him a pass bc he left at the right time too. He immediately brought legitimacy to the program and that’s what Mario will do but Mario is still hungry and a relentless recruiter.
We had a magical ride in 2017. Correct. Awesome

I will not give him a pass for hiring his son. It's called nepotism and it is not a good thing.

Mark Richt will always be good in my book. He showed me that despite all of our short comings (hopefully now being fixed) we could still win football games. Plus he’s a strong Believer and a man of integrity. Literally turned down his entire buy out. No one else would do that.
Not only that, no other HC would have given 1 million of his own money to help build the indoor practice facility, looker rooms, etc.
Without his effort and lobbying for new facilities we would have never gotten what we have now. His impact is long lasting.

Understood and he’s the one who knew the ins and outs of this program better than anyone. He should’ve called this admin out before Herbie did.
No. I think it meant more from an outsider. Richt dumped a million of his own cash into the IPF. That was his way of calling out the BS. Richt complaining after working here would have sounded like sour grapes. Now he can pile on.

Advertisement
Stop *****ing about MR. He gave us great hope and a change in the direction of this program. Granted this sorry excuse of an Admin didn’t know what to do with the fortuitous state that he left it in he’s still left us on the good side. Let’s be grateful and let the man know we appreciate him. Some of you behave like an unsatiated bride on the wedding night. Get over it.

Advertisement
Mark Richt will always be good in my book. He showed me that despite all of our short comings (hopefully now being fixed) we could still win football games. Plus he’s a strong Believer and a man of integrity. Literally turned down his entire buy out. No one else would do that.
I’m not a religious person at all but I’ve listened to his thoughts about his faith many times and always was inspired by it

Advertisement
Back