Mark Richt play calling

Serious cause for concern regarding the play calling by Richt.

Guy ignored the middle of the field which was the major sin that caused Coley to be garbage. I counted 3 slants all game and 1 RB screen, all 4 of which I might add actually led to GOOD RESULTS. Other than that zero digs, zero seam routes, zero crossing patterns. Meanwhile he's in love with that God forsaken bubble, rb draws, and off tackles.

That was some of the worst play calling I've seen since Coley's first two years here. When you couple the fact that you have an upperclassman QB and you're playing at home.....well all I can say is that Richt cannot be the play caller here long term. I'm sure he's fine as a CEO type head coach but we need a dedicated play caller.

Guy should be absolutely ashamed of himself when he goes back and rewatches the game tape. I'm pretty disgusted and disappointed by what I saw from him tonight.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Good game tonight from your players. Richt has done a great job.

/Is da WEZ broke?

Did Yearby get injured or something? He was finding the cut back lanes, eating, & then disappeared

I can see why he stopped calling plays horrible playcalling

A ******* abomination. When you add to this discussion the fact he has so much experience, has an experienced QB, and was playing at home....it's downright disgusting and disappointing.

I said it 3 years ago on this board and the time has come and gone....we should have gone after Petrino when we had the chance. Richt cannot be allowed to continue to call plays here after this season.

Advertisement
Kaaya has full autonomy in this offense to check in and out of plays. He did a terrible job getting us in the right look. That interception changed the entire flow of the game and gave a reeling fsu team life. The game is totally different if kaaya doesnt throw that pic.

There were too many player mistakes for me to bite richts head off about this game.

Take away the penalties and turnovers and this game is ours going away.

Hindsite is 20/20.

Looks like brooklyndee back at it again with another spot on prediction.

You realize we had 276 yards vs that trash defense.

They gave up 530 to FSU
450 to USF
538 to UNC

That was worse then anything we saw from Coley, including the half back pass in a snow storm. Richt was awful.

All teams with somewhat mobile qbs that Charles Kelly played extremely conservative against.

There was absolutely no film anywhere on charles kelly coordinating a game this aggressive.

So your comparison is mute because that was a new look on D for the Noles.

MOAR EXCUSES!

Trubisky isn't a running QB, sure hes a little more mobile then Kaaya but who isn't. Trubisky has -5 yards rushing vs FSU and they put up 500+ on this D.

After waltons touchdown got called back for holding. This ngga richt calls the same running play on 1st n 20 n 2nd n 18. I was in disbelief in the stands. But he didn't call a running play when Kayaa throws the pic in the end one. Get this **** out my ***ing face.

Yeah I could not believe that sequence of plays.

Advertisement
After waltons touchdown got called back for holding. This ngga richt calls the same running play on 1st n 20 n 2nd n 18. I was in disbelief in the stands. But he didn't call a running play when Kayaa throws the pic in the end one. Get this **** out my ***ing face.

Absolutely appalling and disgraceful. I honestly couldn't tell if those plays were called in by Patrick Nix, James Coley, or Mark Richt.

Pop quiz what do you call when you have an OL that can neither run block or pass block and you have to keep your TEs on the line to help your tackles? Assume you have an excellent pocket passer at QB and shaky WRs Call the plays

I can see why he stopped calling plays horrible playcalling

A ****ing abomination. When you add to this discussion the fact he has so much experience, has an experienced QB, and was playing at home....it's downright disgusting and disappointing.

I said it 3 years ago on this board and the time has come and gone....we should have gone after Petrino when we had the chance. Richt cannot be allowed to continue to call plays here after this season.

Yup agree

Advertisement
Serious cause for concern regarding the play calling by Richt.

Guy ignored the middle of the field which was the major sin that got Coley to be garbage. I counted 3 slants all game and 1 RB screen, all 4 of which I might add actually led to GOOD RESULTS. Other than that zero digs, zero seam routes, zero crossing patterns. Meanwhile he's in love with that God forsaken bubble, rb draws, and off tackles.

That was some of the worst play calling I've seen since Coley's first two years here. When you couple the fact that you have an upperclassman QB and you're playing at home.....well all I can say is that Richt cannot be the play caller here long term. I'm sure he's fine as a CEO type head coach but we need a dedicated play caller.

Guy should be absolutely ashamed of himself when he goes back and rewatches the game tape. I'm pretty disgusted and disappointed by what I saw from him tonight.

Can not believe we tried nothing in the deep middle.
Nothing in the seam.
Nothing remotely challenging Lane at safety.
Nothing to Njoku down the middle.
Inexplicable.

Absolutely appalling and disgraceful. I honestly couldn't tell if those plays were called in by Patrick Nix, James Coley, or Mark Richt.

Total head scratcher. That was completely unacceptable. That wasn't conservative, that was just ****ed up !!

Advertisement
Richt was out of his depth tonight. No variation in the offense outside of the RPO.

Whatever happened to I formation? 2 TE sets, power I formations?

The RPO is minimal in what we can do out of it - WR flats, slants or handoff. That's the offense.

Worst than coley tonight, tbh

We ran some i formation. It was terrible. Richt's first down I formation runs are worse than Doritos 3rd down package.

How do we have the most bland offensive play callers in the most abundant skill position area in the country?

Last edited by a moderator:
Richt needs to relent the play calling duties ASAP. It's going to ruin his tenure here if he doesn't hire a dedicated OC in the near future.

I was absolutely shocked at how poor his playcalling, adjustments, and on the fly decisions were in terms of down and distance. Mind ******* boggling.

Advertisement
Back