Mark richt Pete tweet

Hopefully he isn't interested. Was fired because he can't win his weak division with any regularity (twice in 10 years), can't win his conference (0 in 10 years) and can't beat his rival (5-10 vs UF).

I thought Miami's expectations were championships?

This. I dont want Richt if Butch is still in play. I like the guy and he isnt a horrible hire but he didnt get it done at UGA on the OPPOSITE side of the bracket from ALA/LSU/AUB. All he had to do was beat UF and he coasts into the SEC title game.

Advertisement
Pete's most recent tweet was: "Something is going to happen at some point."

3593356-7310299409-JagsF.gif

Hopefully he isn't interested. Was fired because he can't win his weak division with any regularity (twice in 10 years), can't win his conference (0 in 10 years) and can't beat his rival (5-10 vs UF).

This. I dont want Richt if Butch is still in play. I like the guy and he isnt a horrible hire but he didnt get it done at UGA on the OPPOSITE side of the bracket from ALA/LSU/AUB. All he had to do was beat UF and he coasts into the SEC title game.

You guys are talking like Butch's resume clearly outshines his. 1-9 vs his in-state rival(FSU,NC State). One outright conference title. Consistently got beat by a conference rival that had less talent besides '99 (Virginia Tech)

If there is a secret candidate....it's Chud.

He was the leader out of the gate and you have not heard his name at all recently.

Tuesday is off day for NFL teams. Me thinks Blake is meeting him today. Blake has always had a huge boner for Chud.

keep making **** up dude. If only the neg system was back

Advertisement

You guys are talking like Butch's resume clearly outshines his. 1-9 vs his in-state rival(FSU,NC State). One outright conference title. Consistently got beat by a conference rival that had less talent besides '99 (Virginia Tech)

1. I'm not a Butch fanboy. If they strike out on better targets then a Butch hire is fine for me.
2. Butch has at least built a championship team, probably the most talented team in college football history.

Richt is 2-9 vs the Gators against coaches not named Will Muschamp. Let that sink in.

1. I'm not a Butch fanboy. If they strike out on better targets then a Butch hire is fine for me.
2. Butch has at least built a championship team, probably the most talented team in college football history.

Richt is 2-9 vs the Gators against coaches not named Will Muschamp. Let that sink in.

I guess we should be thrilled that Frank Beamer and Tom O'Brien are no longer coaching in the ACC then.

There's negatives about every candidate , Richt isn't the only one with flaws

Advertisement

Yes, but he was down 30 scholarships, so he didn't have any depth. Does that not matter?

Advertisement

Butch built the greatest 4 year run of talent in the history of NCAA football. He also was a "Miami Beach" trip away from having UNC as a national contender because he had that team stacked and ready for a run.

Todd Gurley basically came out and said he would have kept his commitment at UNC if Butch had not been fired.

Butch went 11-1 his last year at UM and should have played for the MNC if the BCS rules were what they are now. UNC would have been in the national discussion his last year there.

He and Richt do not sit at the same big boy table. Thanks.

For the record i think richt is a good coach but the guy needs a break from football. Maybe a year away will rejuvenate him but i don't think richt right now is the same coach he once was.

You seem to be pretty intimately acquainted with Richt based on listening to a press conference.

Georgia only has high expectations because Mark Richt put them in a position to have high expectations.

Exactly, Vince Dooley was a 3-4 loss/year coach when he didn't have RBs named Herschel Walker, and Jim Donnan wasn't very good. Richt has done an excellent job at Georgia. I would take him. ****, he had the foresight to recruit Isaiah McKenzie over Berrios.

Advertisement
Some of you need to stop taking Ariz info as gospel. Matt Porter and Dave Hyde will have much more intel for what's going on than PA...

Some of you need to stop taking Ariz info as gospel. Matt Porter and Dave Hyde will have much more intel for what's going on than PA...

Just going off this AM
Pete- possible interview
Matt- not interested
Past
Pete- change is coming
Matt- nothing going on

Georgia only has high expectations because Mark Richt put them in a position to have high expectations.

Exactly, Vince Dooley was a 3-4 loss/year coach when he didn't have RBs named Herschel Walker, and Jim Donnan wasn't very good. Richt has done an excellent job at Georgia. I would take him. ****, he had the foresight to recruit Isaiah McKenzie over Berrios.

Vince Dooley won 6 SEC titles in a 17 year stretch, played for 2 NCs, won 1 NC
Mark Richt has won 2 SEC titles in 15 years (0 in last 10 years), played for 0 NCs, won 0 NCs

Richt has lost more then 2 games 8 out of last 10 years as well, so a 3-4 loss coach.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back