Mark richt Pete tweet

brock

All-American
A lot of talk that Miami is interviewing Mark Richt today. His interest level/willingness to coach next season remains to be seen #Canes

Butch not a done deal yet?

Advertisement
Good. It'd be stupid of UM not to at least test those waters.

"I don't think much of it really," Richt said in October. "I love my alma mater, the U. No doubt about it, but there's been nobody calling or writing or texting or anything like that. So I'm sure they'll find a great coach."

"I don't think much of it really," Richt said in October. "I love my alma mater, the U. No doubt about it, but there's been nobody calling or writing or texting or anything like that. So I'm sure they'll find a great coach."

well now they are calling. This could just be a respect interview from him though

Advertisement

In fairness I think this quote was from several weeks ago right after Golden was fired.

In fairness I think this quote was from several weeks ago right after Golden was fired.

Also when richt still had a job.

Yup.

And in my opinion it could be a way of him sending out signals that he may be interested.
I am a read between the lines type of guy when it comes to things like this.

Advertisement
I am a BBB guy, but I think saying Butch is getting the job is a little premature. If they had reached terms already then there would have been an announcement.

Richt isn't sure he wants to coach anymore. His family wants him to take a year off.

If there is a meeting, he is taking it out of respect. Nothing will come of it.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Richt has made it clear he won't take the job.

The interview (to the extent it happens) is window dressing.

Advertisement
Back