Mark richt Pete tweet

Pete's most recent tweet was: "Something is going to happen at some point."

3593356-7310299409-JagsF.gif

No **** dip****. The sun will also rise tomorrow.

Advertisement
Richt is 2-9 vs the Gators against coaches not named Will Muschamp. Let that sink in.

Georgia only has high expectations because Mark Richt put them in a position to have high expectations.

Exactly, Vince Dooley was a 3-4 loss/year coach when he didn't have RBs named Herschel Walker, and Jim Donnan wasn't very good. Richt has done an excellent job at Georgia. I would take him. ****, he had the foresight to recruit Isaiah McKenzie over Berrios.

Vince Dooley won 6 SEC titles in a 17 year stretch, played for 2 NCs, won 1 NC
Mark Richt has won 2 SEC titles in 15 years (0 in last 10 years), played for 0 NCs, won 0 NCs

Vince Dooley coached Georgia from 1964-1988 (25 seasons), yet you focus on 17 that included a three year period where he had a transcendent RB named Herschel Walker. How many of the SEC titles, NC games and NC came during the Herschel Walker era?

Hopefully he isn't interested. Was fired because he can't win his weak division with any regularity (twice in 10 years), can't win his conference (0 in 10 years) and can't beat his rival (5-10 vs UF).

I thought Miami's expectations were championships?

This. I dont want Richt if Butch is still in play. I like the guy and he isnt a horrible hire but he didnt get it done at UGA on the OPPOSITE side of the bracket from ALA/LSU/AUB. All he had to do was beat UF and he coasts into the SEC title game.

You guys are talking like Butch's resume clearly outshines his. 1-9 vs his in-state rival(FSU,NC State). One outright conference title. Consistently got beat by a conference rival that had less talent besides '99 (Virginia Tech)

1. I'm not a Butch fanboy. If they strike out on better targets then a Butch hire is fine for me.
2. Butch has at least built a championship team, probably the most talented team in college football history.

Richt is 2-9 vs the Gators against coaches not named Will Muschamp. Let that sink in.

As for Butch building a championship team maybe Richt has too. Maybe his replacement will win a championship like Butch's did. Or if Richt had quit one of the years he had built an insane roster at UGA like Butch did here his replacement might have won a championship.

As for actual accomplishment on the field, Richt whips Butch. And I don't even like Richt all that much because of him flopping in big games.

Georgia only has high expectations because Mark Richt put them in a position to have high expectations.

Exactly, Vince Dooley was a 3-4 loss/year coach when he didn't have RBs named Herschel Walker, and Jim Donnan wasn't very good. Richt has done an excellent job at Georgia. I would take him. ****, he had the foresight to recruit Isaiah McKenzie over Berrios.

Mark Richt has won 2 SEC titles in 15 years (0 in last 10 years), played for 0 NCs, won 0 NCs

Vince Dooley coached Georgia from 1964-1988 (25 seasons), yet you focus on 17 that included a three year period where he had a transcendent RB named Herschel Walker. How many of the SEC titles, NC games and NC came during the Herschel Walker era?

So if you have a great player it doesn't count? Dooley got Walker to come to UGA and they won together. Richt has had his fair share of great players, unfortunately for him that hasn't translated into SEC titles.

Advertisement

So if you have a great player it doesn't count? Dooley got Walker to come to UGA and they won together. Richt has had his fair share of great players, unfortunately for him that hasn't translated into SEC titles.

The SEC is also a lot better today than what it was when Dooley was coach

When Vince Dooley coached Georgia, the SEC wasn't close to being as dominant as it has been over the last decade.

Not the SEC East.

Yes it is. It just isn't as tough as the SEC west. But those teams are all better than they were 35 years ago. And the SECe is significantly tougher than the Coastal (a divsion Butch never finished higher than third in). SECe doormat USC beat Coastal Champion UNC and gave Atlantic champ Clemson a **** good game.

Advertisement
I find it funny that people don't realize that all it takes is one phone call for everything to change in a coaching search

Not the SEC East.

Yes it is. It just isn't as tough as the SEC west. But those teams are all better than they were 35 years ago. And the SECe is significantly tougher than the Coastal (a divsion Butch never finished higher than third in). SECe doormat USC beat Coastal Champion UNC and gave Atlantic champ Clemson a **** good game.

There is 1 team in that division that has close to the recruiting base that UGA has and its UF. He is 5-10 vs UF.

Not the SEC East.

There is 1 team in that division that has close to the recruiting base that UGA has and its UF. He is 5-10 vs UF.

Wrong. They all recruit the South with success. Except for Kentucky and Vandy. But Tennessee has always gotten their share of talent, and USCe under Spurrier did as well.

This. ****ting on a Butch hire, but then propping up Richt is intellectually dishonest at best. They have the exact same flaws.

They are not the same but i hear you, the opposite is also true though, ****ting on richt while pedestooling butch is just as, if not more, dishonest.

Advertisement
This. ****ting on a Butch hire, but then propping up Richt is intellectually dishonest at best. They have the exact same flaws.

They are not the same but i hear you, the opposite is also true though, ****ting on richt while pedestooling butch is just as, if not more, dishonest.
I think they are mirror images of each other. Butch on defense and Richt on offense. Both get hate for not doing more with top talent. They constantly lose games they should win every year. They both had **** poor records against their rivals. They both held onto assistants far past their shelf life, despite fan discontent.

And I agree with you about ****ting on Richt to prop up Butch. I wouldn't complain if one were hired over the other. Other than the fact that I believe Butch could compile a better staff here than Richt could. I have no evidence to back that up, it's just an opinion.

I think they are mirror images of each other. Butch on defense and Richt on offense. Both get hate for not doing more with top talent. They constantly lose games they should win every year. They both had **** poor records against their rivals. They both held onto assistants far past their shelf life, despite fan discontent.

And I agree with you about ****ting on Richt to prop up Butch. I wouldn't complain if one were hired over the other. Other than the fact that I believe Butch could compile a better staff here than Richt could. I have no evidence to back that up, it's just an opinion.

Excellent post Dan and I agree with every word. I worked at UGA for a bit and everything you say about Richt is spot-on. That said, I still think he's a **** of a coach.

Advertisement
Back