Mark Richt on ESPN

Advertisement
At this level, yes it does. It has to be all consuming.

No it doesn't. Ask J.J. He was like that and then he had a reality check when his mother died. He realized what was important in life. Now he flies out to so the Sunday shows on Fox because he still loves the game, but he spends the rest of the week fishing in Islamorada and porking his wife.

No it doesn't. Ask J.J. He was like that and then he had a reality check when his mother died. He realized what was important in life. Now he flies out to so the Sunday shows on Fox because he still loves the game, but he spends the rest of the week fishing in Islamorada and porking his wife.

JJ is also not currently a head coach at a P5 program, so your point makes no sense whatsoever.

JJ is also not currently a head coach at a P5 program, so your point makes no sense whatsoever.

JJ is revered around here for the success he had as a coach. Last time I checked, we are a P5 program. JJ also was successful at the next level. He was consumed by football like the guy I quoted above. We all know the story of him crying after the Penn State loss. He was never around for thanksgiving or christmas. He had no real relationship with his kids because he was consumed with football. It wasn't until his mother died that he realized that he had missed out on things that were more important than football.
I have no problem with Richt wanting to be more to these kids than a football coach. Many of these kids never grew up with a father and he wants to make sure they are successful after football. Most won't play football at the next level and they need to know their free ride to college is a golden ticket. That doesn't excuse Richt from being stubborn. If he likes calling plays, then he shouldn't have taken a head coaching job. He's also not helping these kids by not recognizing his short comings and addressing them properly. He needs to hire an O/C and be the CEO. He can be involved in the process, but he needs to let an O/C take the reigns. He can accomplish everything he wants and we want by making a few changes.

JJ is revered around here for the success he had as a coach. Last time I checked, we are a P5 program. JJ also was successful at the next level. He was consumed by football like the guy I quoted above. We all know the story of him crying after the Penn State loss. He was never around for thanksgiving or christmas. He had no real relationship with his kids because he was consumed with football. It wasn't until his mother died that he realized that he had missed out on things that were more important than football.
I have no problem with Richt wanting to be more to these kids than a football coach. Many of these kids never grew up with a father and he wants to make sure they are successful after football. Most won't play football at the next level and they need to know their free ride to college is a golden ticket. That doesn't excuse Richt from being stubborn. If he likes calling plays, then he shouldn't have taken a head coaching job. He's also not helping these kids by not recognizing his short comings and addressing them properly. He needs to hire an O/C and be the CEO. He can be involved in the process, but he needs to let an O/C take the reigns. He can accomplish everything he wants and we want by making a few changes.

I still don't understand your point. JJ was highly successful as a coach in large part because he was incredibly driven and focused on winning football games. Now he's enjoying life in a different capacity. Good for him. He earned it. What does JJ's lack of relationship with his kids or his mother dying have to do with Richt being an old, tired, washed up bum stealing money from my alma mater?

If Richt wants to spend more time with his family, give bible lessons etc., he should quit.

Advertisement
I still don't understand your point. JJ was highly successful as a coach in large part because he was incredibly driven and focused on winning football games. Now he's enjoying life in a different capacity. Good for him. He earned it. What does JJ's lack of relationship with his kids or his mother dying have to do with Richt being an old, tired, washed up bum stealing money from my alma mater?

If Richt wants to spend more time with his family, give bible lessons etc., he should quit.
The guy I quoted wants that old Jimmy. Jimmy was that guy and he realized that there were more important things in life than just being consumed with football. Remember Jimmy wasn't done. He came back to coach the Miami Dolphins. I'm saying a guy who isn't consumed with football isn't a bad thing. Jimmy has told us that, that wasn't the smartest way to go about it. Richt just needs to see where his weaknesses are and address them.

One day I will.

When will you stop slurping?

Call it what you will but I support Richt and one bad year does not change that. I recognize what the man has done since he has come to Miami:

1. Upgraded our facilities.
2. 9-4 season with with a 12th ranked recruiting class to boot. Then followed up with a 10-3 season in which we were getting national attention at one point for being #2 in the nation in the polls. We also had the #8 recruiting class to boot.
3. Won ACC coach of the year in 2018. etc.

I'm disappointed in how this season has gone and I have been on record as saying that Richt really screwed the pooch with how he handled the QB situation this year. I also don't like how he has come out and tried to defend his bland playcalling. But with all that said, Richt can and probably will recover from this year. He has several things in his favor. 1. He has more talent on his roster than any team in the coastal. 2. He has Diaz and a defense that will continue to be elite especially when facing the likes of Duke, NC, Virginia, etc. 3. The Schedule for 2019 is a joke and should translate to a 9-1 or even 10-0 season. 4. His recruiting class for 2020 is currently ranked in the top 5 and with a good 2019 season (again the schedule is pathetic) Richt should be able to continue to build on that class. 5. His 2017 and 2018 recruits are going to be taking over this team next year and a lot of them got some good experience this year which will only help them going forward.

So no matter how much you freakin crybabies want to say the sky is falling the facts are against you and your blind hate. Sit back, relax and watch because the future is setting up nicely for Miami.

*Here's an idea, instead of calling us Richt supporters slurpers why not try to dispute our points. Tell me where I'm wrong...

1. Does the schedule for 2019 not set up nicely for Miami? 3 teams on the schedule with new coaches and all teams are losing key components that made them average this year. i.e. Virigina and their senior laden secondary, Duke and Daniel Jones, etc.

2. Richt does have a top 5 recruiting class for 2020. Will putting up wins even against below average competition not land more top recruits?

3. Did he and his staff not put up two steller classes in 2017 and 2018? Even you die hard haters of Richt probably can't wait to see the likes of Ivey, Hall, Frierson, Lingard,Gaynor, Njoku etc. take the field.

4. Does he not have more talent on his roster than 90% of the coastal?

Advertisement
ok, 1-5 did Richt really make those comments ? or is someone taking snippets out of context ??

He literally said you can't talk to rings and trophies in talking about how important it is to build and make relationships.

If he's not smart enough to see that people aren't going to wait for changes, hes an idiot. We've been burned with the, "Give it time, itll pay off", bullcrap by the last 3 guys. Nobody wants to suffer another 2 years before something happens. Blake James needs to be aware of this, as do Frenk and the BoT.

The press likes to say we're a fickle fan base that will abandon the team if we dont get immediate success, but 15 years is pretty **** patient.

Richt has the potential to be the guy, but he needs to be willing to put his pride aside and let someone else run the offense. Going on ESPN and saying things that are fodder for the likes of us to hash over showing him to be a loser arent helping anyone.

He literally said you can't talk to rings and trophies in talking about how important it is to build and make relationships.
I am thinking he was talking about recruiting ?? hopefully, that would seem to mitigate his response.
cannot imagine Jimmy, Howard or Butch not talking about winning ships
what did S.Moss say big time players, make big time plays in big time games...... sounds like winning yes ?

So many internet tough guys around here its hilarious. Good thing none of you are players on the team. They way a lot of you have gone downright looney toones regarding Richt is embarrassing. 1 bad year doesn't sum up Richt and will not.

Look at the QB he had? You guys also want to ***** and moan about him not having a franchise QB already in his 3rd year are delusional as well. Kaaya made a bad decision and left early which left us with Rosier and we all know how that went. Won 10 games miraculously and then it went downhill.

Anxious to see how we respond next year as this Freshman class was a great class on paper.
Richts offense has not a good year as of yet. Blame it on whatever u want, but don’t pretend that it’s at any point been anything but bad.

Advertisement
So does anybody have the full context or are we just pushing the same agenda and narrative by parsing words from a interview

Advertisement
Back