Mark Richt on ESPN

So many internet tough guys around here its hilarious. Good thing none of you are players on the team. They way a lot of you have gone downright looney toones regarding Richt is embarrassing. 1 bad year doesn't sum up Richt and will not.

Look at the QB he had? You guys also want to ***** and moan about him not having a franchise QB already in his 3rd year are delusional as well. Kaaya made a bad decision and left early which left us with Rosier and we all know how that went. Won 10 games miraculously and then it went downhill.

Anxious to see how we respond next year as this Freshman class was a great class on paper.
It seems like you can't count higher than one! Richt can take credit for 2 bad seasons. Last year we all thought he learned something until we all witness this years total debacle!

Richt had 3 years to recruit his QBs and put them through his system. After further review...he has failed big time!! Stop making excuses for his ineptitude! The DF is recruiting in the same area and after 3 years they are playing the best ball in all of college football!! Is it a coincidence that Manny Diaz's defense is competent in caring out his system and mark Richt can't get the offense to even do the most simplest things?? And in fact Richts offense has regress from last year!! I never thought that we could go below the bottom, but we did!!

Advertisement
Manny inherited just about everyone he has coached. He has done a great job with them but don’t act like they are his direct recruits.

Look. Another person who's saying that the current QB situation is not his fault. It's year 3, Rosier may not be his guy. But Weldon, Perry, and Jarren. Moreso his guys that he didnt bother recruiting other QBs outside of this core.

Meanwhile, Bama just had a true frosh win them the championship and UCF had a 5'10" kid from Hawaii beat Auburn in the 2017 Peach Beach bowl. By comparison, we had a senior sh*t the bed the last year in the final few games. The staff's lack of QB development and recruiting also lead us to a 7-5 record in the weaker of the two ACC divisions, all while VaTech and others are having a down year, and we're fielding an elite defense.

You say...well look what he's got to work with at QB. I mean, who else is bringing in these players and who else is developing them?

Bama is loaded at every position year in and year out so let’s pump the brakes there fella.

"Rings collect dust." "You can't talk to rings and trophies."

no-answer.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
Richt has no fire anymore, and not sure he ever did. Nice guy but not a good coach. I don't think he's all that concerned about the total collapse of the program, he shows no sense of urgency to get this turned around. Even an idiot like Willie Taggert is acting with urgency and making changes to fix things. Richt just goes home sits in his recliner, watches TV, takes a nap while our program continues to fall into the abyss. I had high hopes for Richt and liked the hire.... now I can't wait for him to be gone.

Unbelievable if he did say this on ESPN. The whole point of getting into the coaching profession is such to win and garner championships. The relationships angle is overstated - not everyone is going to get along with a proven winner. Yes, Urbie took some dark turns in his professional career but he also brought titles to Columbus and Gainesville. Those far outweigh any issues he had with enjoying the process, or making sure everybody liked him. I’d rather have a cutthroat coach who will win at all costs sans cheating than have Richt as a HC. His defeatist attitude has permeated throughout the program now like a cancerous tumor. It’s only a matter of time before death comes, and it’s coming faster than we believe.

Advertisement
All I can do is laugh. Its worst than I could ever imagined it would be under Richt. I figured he'd sign a top 10 class every year , win 9 or 10 games every year with a annual lost to a team we shouldnt lose to which considering where we were under golden I'd take that. But this is a embarrassment

His moral compass pointed in one direction as everything else was collateral damage unless it impacted winning.

Richt is a swindler too so his "moral compass" might be off. He might not want to win at all costs, like Urban, instead he just wants to bilk a bunch of short bus riders (our decision makers).

1. UGA says you can't be OC. Richt says, I'm going to be the OC.

2. UGA says you can't hire your sperm due to nepotism laws. Richt says, my sperm is the QB Coach.

I give Richt credit, he did what he wanted to do and he found the right group to swindle.

Richt was on ESPN this morning. I caught the end of it, they were asking him about Meyer. Richt was talking about how important relationships are, and he said, and I quote, "you can't talk to rings and trophies." Yes, especially if you don't have them.
We're ****ed.

Dude doesn't get it. The fans, the CFB world doesn't care about "relationships", they care about wins vs. losses.

Advertisement
Why was he even on espn to begin with ?

I was wondering the same thing. The only part I saw is them asking him about Urban. I got the feeling that Urban was the whole segment. Maybe they brought him in because he's a coach who has shown to not sacrifice his health, family, morals, or religion for football.

Richt is a swindler too so his "moral compass" might be off. He might not want to win at all costs, like Urban, instead he just wants to bilk a bunch of short bus riders (our decision makers).

1. UGA says you can't be OC. Richt says, I'm going to be the OC.

2. UGA says you can't hire your sperm due to nepotism laws. Richt says, my sperm is the QB Coach.

I give Richt credit, he did what he wanted to do and he found the right group to swindle.
checks.jpg

Advertisement
Back