Mark Pope

Mark Pope reminds me of Marvin Harrison, been saying that since last year.

Around the same size, similar shiftiness, great hands & route running with Elite ability to change gears.

Stacy Coley always reminded me of Mike Wallace in his prime, he was a beast for us & the fact Pope looks up to him so much speaks volumes.

Yo i remember u said that and i was like **** thats the perfect comparison

Advertisement
I think Richt and Dugans put the kibosh on Coley excusing himself from the game after every catch. There was a play, early in the season against either FAMU or FAU where Coley made a nice catch near the opposite sideline and like clockwork, got up and made the motion for a sub. Richt literally walked halfway on the field from the sideline and motioned for him to stay in the game. That was really my only beef with the kid. Otherwise he was pretty solid. His ability to catch the goal line fade is probably the best in Miami history. His body control is top level.

This is an excellent catch.

I never noticed this before. Would love to see a clip, because I think you're right and it's exactly what he needed.

Reminds me of the Russell Bowl game, with the game well in hand in the fourth quarter, when Rick and Searles walked out 1/3 of the way on the field and started tearing the OL a new ašśhole. I mean they were ripping their asses. Again, keep in mind the game was already won, and these guys were still teaching, coaching, cajoling and demanding.

This is what I find encouraging about this staff.

IMG_4391.GIF

I think Richt and Dugans put the kibosh on Coley excusing himself from the game after every catch. There was a play, early in the season against either FAMU or FAU where Coley made a nice catch near the opposite sideline and like clockwork, got up and made the motion for a sub. Richt literally walked halfway on the field from the sideline and motioned for him to stay in the game. That was really my only beef with the kid. Otherwise he was pretty solid. His ability to catch the goal line fade is probably the best in Miami history. His body control is top level.

I never noticed this before. Would love to see a clip, because I think you're right and it's exactly what he needed.

Reminds me of the Russell Bowl game, with the game well in hand in the fourth quarter, when Rick and Searles walked out 1/3 of the way on the field and started tearing the OL a new ašśhole. I mean they were ripping their asses. Again, keep in mind the game was already won, and these guys were still teaching, coaching, cajoling and demanding.

View attachment 46745

The team needed a lot of "toughing up". The last regime just let anything go....we didn't have that mental toughness amongst many other things.

I love when richt did that and inn remember it. Finish the game!!

View attachment 46745

My seats are in the endzone directly in line with the Hurricane's sideline so I often find myself watching the coaches, especially in a blowout game.

Advertisement

I noticed that too. I never seen a player ask for a sub so much in my life.

I noticed that too. I never seen a player ask for a sub so much in my life.

Agreed. He was so soft, the kid's nickname should have been "Pudding." Probably used only 70% of his ability during his UM career.

I wish him well.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back