Mark Pope

paradise camp 2017 has happened already?

Nah last year's camp.

that's what I thought. guess he was just talking about rising juniors because Jeudy was the best overall WR at paradise camp last year

Nah. Pope looked the best by far. Next was debatable between devonta & Jeudy. Jeudy had a couple of insane routes but overall he was not living up to it. Pope killed it on every route. Devonta got deep a few times but struggled underneath.

in comparison to Juedy, how do Hightower and Pope stand? as good? not as good? far worse?

I always enjoy the comparisons, or rankings, across different classes. I don't know these guys nearly as well as some of you who watch lots of film, go to camps, etc., so it's a cool perspective to hear opinions how players stack up over several years (for example Cooper v. Jeudy v. Thomas v. Pope at WR).

Advertisement
paradise camp 2017 has happened already?

Nah last year's camp.

that's what I thought. guess he was just talking about rising juniors because Jeudy was the best overall WR at paradise camp last year

Nah. Pope looked the best by far. Next was debatable between devonta & Jeudy. Jeudy had a couple of insane routes but overall he was not living up to it. Pope killed it on every route. Devonta got deep a few times but struggled underneath.

in comparison to Juedy, how do Hightower and Pope stand? as good? not as good? far worse?

Asking dee that is pointless at least when Hightower is concerned. He can try to be as objective as possible, but at the end of the day Hightower is his nephew.

Advertisement
Very solid prospect. Plenty fast enough, needs to work on his route running (very few HS kids dont), but great hands. Reminds me of Dallas' tape where he catches everything with his hands and is very smooth with his catching ability. Tough in traffic and not afraid to take hit to make catch. Did i say he has great hands yet? I really like his toughness as i think it stands out on his tape. Never went down on first contact either. Could double as return man. I like that he sees his hole and gets there with very little effort wasted and decent cutting ability. Easily a prospect we should all be very excited about.

He may not have the hype of a Ridley or Jeudy, but he is a legit WR and possess traits you really want in a WR.

The thing that makes Pope special is that he is smooth as a gazelle out on the field. No movement is labored. He can go in and out of breaks with ease that almost no DB can keep up with.

Very solid prospect. Plenty fast enough, needs to work on his route running (very few HS kids dont), but great hands. Reminds me of Dallas' tape where he catches everything with his hands and is very smooth with his catching ability. Tough in traffic and not afraid to take hit to make catch. Did i say he has great hands yet? I really like his toughness as i think it stands out on his tape. Never went down on first contact either. Could double as return man. I like that he sees his hole and gets there with very little effort wasted and decent cutting ability. Easily a prospect we should all be very excited about.

He may not have the hype of a Ridley or Jeudy, but he is a legit WR and possess traits you really want in a WR.

Im sorry but how does he not have the hype of Jeudy or Ridley. He is ranked as a national top 30 for both 247 and Rivals and this is before the summer. Think Pope has as much hype right now as Ridley did and more than Jeudy.

Advertisement

Im sorry but how does he not have the hype of Jeudy or Ridley. He is ranked as a national top 30 for both 247 and Rivals and this is before the summer. Think Pope has as much hype right now as Ridley did and more than Jeudy.

Out of all that writing the only thing you took from it is what i said about his hype?

Ridley and Jeudy were hyped by all major outlets if im not mistaken, and hyped very much. Seems like only 247 is hyping Pope right now. Which is fine cause he's a very good player who if he handles his business properly could be very good here and help us win.

Out of all that writing the only thing you took from it is what i said about his hype?

Ridley and Jeudy were hyped by all major outlets if im not mistaken, and hyped very much. Seems like only 247 is hyping Pope right now. Which is fine cause he's a very good player who if he handles his business properly could be very good here and help us win.

No, it's what I disagreed with. Once again he isn't just being hyped by 247. He is the #30 ranked prospect on Rivals.

Nah last year's camp.

Asking dee that is pointless at least when Hightower is concerned. He can try to be as objective as possible, but at the end of the day Hightower is his nephew.

Nah. I'll be real. They all have strengths to their games that the others don't possess. Jeudy may be the most refined underneath to intermediate routes. His misdirection is insane and he really sells all movements. All three have great hands. Pope can run all routes asked of him just as effectively. However he still needs to refine his route running because once the competition steps up your mechanics become critical. He's smooth as silk on the field and flows through his routes. Very few dbs have the footwork necessary to stick with him in a man on situation. B has a lol of each in them but he's far more physical than either of them. He thrives on intermediate & deep routes where he can get his separation with his body & highpoint the ball. He needs to work on the precision of his route running as well especially for underneath routes because the ultimate goal is to be a do everything receiver like Dre was. By the way staff feels ultimately Wiggins may be better than all of them.

No, it's what I disagreed with. Once again he isn't just being hyped by 247. He is the #30 ranked prospect on Rivals.

I gotcha now. I don't read rivals to much so i didn't know that info.

Advertisement
Ahmon Richards, Jeff Thomas and Mark Pope together is downright scary.

Arguably the best WR in their respective classes.

This is why i never ever ever worry about WR recruiting at Miami. It's a total waste of time to wring hands and cry about not getting this kid or that. We could lose all 3 of our current commits and replace em with kids who might end up even better when all is said and done (Thompson, Williams, Moore, Watt, Schwartzen, etc).

This is why i never ever ever worry about WR recruiting at Miami. It's a total waste of time to wring hands and cry about not getting this kid or that. We could lose all 3 of our current commits and replace em with kids who might end up even better when all is said and done (Thompson, Williams, Moore, Watt, Schwartzen, etc).

Seriously, were you around for the mid to late 2000s when we had our punter getting reps at WR cause our recruiting had sucked so bad?

Advertisement
noadvance_21savage.jpg

mark-pope-miami-recruit-247-1000.jpg
coincidence ? i think not

i know coley was considered top 7 or so wr out of high school.

this guy has as much upside? coley was so smooth in his routes, it's a real shame he had three years under the old staff or would have been much better off headed toward the league.
It's a cryin shame ... I really think Coley could've been one of the best to ever play here

Nah. I'll be real. They all have strengths to their games that the others don't possess. Jeudy may be the most refined underneath to intermediate routes. His misdirection is insane and he really sells all movements. All three have great hands. Pope can run all routes asked of him just as effectively. However he still needs to refine his route running because once the competition steps up your mechanics become critical. He's smooth as silk on the field and flows through his routes. Very few dbs have the footwork necessary to stick with him in a man on situation. B has a lol of each in them but he's far more physical than either of them. He thrives on intermediate & deep routes where he can get his separation with his body & highpoint the ball. He needs to work on the precision of his route running as well especially for underneath routes because the ultimate goal is to be a do everything receiver like Dre was. By the way staff feels ultimately Wiggins may be better than all of them.

**** thats high praise for wiggins also, if xavier williams commits to us eventually. Would we still recruit a guy like terrance marshall the whole way through so that if he doesn't come it won't matter but he could be a bonus if he does?

That's true to an extent. However, Of all the great prospects there are alphas and even more Elite players amongst them. Those players aren't exchangeable. It's the difference better a Lamar Miller and Duke Johnson. Some guys are just special. Sometimes it's obvious who has those intangibles sometimes it's not. Wiggins could be the best but who knows when that will be if it will happen and if it'll translate to in game production. The name of the game is stacking chips.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back