Mark Pope

We need to get the best players in each class. We can't say oh we could get better players next year etc, each class complements the others. When Shaq's class are SRs, I expect this team to be loaded up with leadership, talent and depth. Once we get the best players in So FL, and the rest of FL, the future players see who they are going to play with and it's easier to recruit. FSU was cleaning up, now they have gone national to a far extent which will undo them imo. Richt showed up at the right time and getting so many talented kids to commit so early is a great testament to what he's selling and building

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Advertisement
i know coley was considered top 7 or so wr out of high school.

this guy has as much upside? coley was so smooth in his routes, it's a real shame he had three years under the old staff or would have been much better off headed toward the league.

honestly, I think Coley is gonna absolutely kill it in the league. Something similar to Hurns in a way that he didn't even come close to touching his ability in college but will go off and kill the league.

Just my personal evaluation on Pope.

1. Smooth clean route runner

2. Great hands catches the ball away from his body

3. Great agility, changes direction really good without losing speed (especially for a 6'1" guy)

4. Not blazing fast, but he won't get caught from behind

5. Great separation skills, but I don't think he's the type of WR to go up and win a ton of jump balls.

Just my personal eval.

Advertisement
My two cents...

Great but maybe not elite speed
Elite hands
Elite footwork
Elite route-runner

An overall phenomenal talent

He reclassified from 2019 down to 2018. Great win by Ridge keeping him home as he was about to attend Booker T originally.

Let me just say that he's been an X-Factor for his teams since his days with Richmond Giants & Palmetto Raiders.

Maybe I might get disagreed with by some people but I feel he was more dominant his Junior year than Jeudy was at the same stage. His progression through the off-season circuit so far (Camps, 7on7) almost eerily similar to what Jeudy was doing last off-season.

When Ridge was struggling to get the offense rolling early on in the season, this was the guy making the big plays when needed. As the season progressed, especially going into the playoffs he just took over.

He reminds me of Stacy Coley a lot. While there is differing opinions on Coley from fans, I felt he was a great talent and a great WR. Just felt Coley was wasted away while Golden was here aside from being injury prone during his time at Miami. He always showed up on the biggest stages when we needed him. I am on the boat that believes and thinks he will have a better career in the NFL. On the other hand I feel Pope will be blessed with a much superior coach than Coley had most of his time here and a better team around him during his time at Miami.

Pope may not test super fast like a guy like Jeff Thomas per say, but he has plentttyy of game speed. He has that same knack Coley had for showing up in big games and coming up clutch.

While I couldn't make it to Paradise Camp last year due to a prior family vacation obligation. I had many eyes and ears that I know who were there and #6 (Mark Pope) received a LOT of praise as best in his group.

Last edited:

this guy has as much upside? coley was so smooth in his routes, it's a real shame he had three years under the old staff or would have been much better off headed toward the league.

honestly, I think Coley is gonna absolutely kill it in the league. Something similar to Hurns in a way that he didn't even come close to touching his ability in college but will go off and kill the league.

I think Coley can do well in the league, but to say Hurns didn't touch his ability in college is ridiculous. Dude had 1,162 receiving yards his senior year (the Canes single season receiving record)

Advertisement
I would have to say, Pope is our version of Odell!! He can do it all.. Inside, outside, long deep, short, underneath, screen game, WHEREVER..

He reminds me of Stacy Coley a lot. While there is differing opinions on Coley from fans, I felt he was a great talent and a great WR. Just felt Coley was wasted away while Golden was here aside from being injury prone during his time at Miami. He always showed up on the biggest stages when we needed him.

up.

I love Coley at his best, but he produced his frosh and junior years under Golden...One of the best frosh WR in the country in fact and was housing kicks. His soph year wasn't on Golden at all. Coley had the drops, injuries, and couldn't mesh with a true frosh QB. I think he can do some things in NFL, but I'm not sure his biggest weakness can ever be corrected...HE IS BABY SH*T SOFT! And again I love his game. But you can't take 30 secs and call to the sideline everytime someone breathes on you, because the hits are only going to get harder, and the coaches less tolerable to that mess with a smaller roster at next level. He writhes in pain like he's dying every single time he goes to the ground. Not sure toughness can be taught.

Wish him success and def enjoyed his career at UM. One of the smoothest gliders we've ever had with the ball in his hands.

Last edited:
Advertisement
A video for when a UF troll makes a new screen name. They seem like something with a Cane reference and then what appears to be a year, preferably in the 1960s.

I think Coley can do well in the league, but to say Hurns didn't touch his ability in college is ridiculous. Dude had 1,162 receiving yards his senior year (the Canes single season receiving record)

Agreed. There's a common misconception that the previous coaches (as bad as they were) somehow held Allan Hurns back and that what hurt him in the draft. What hurt him in the draft was NFL teams ignoring his huge production and focusing too much on his 40 time. When you break the Miami single season receiving yards record, you're definitely being used correctly. Hurns was very productive his junior and senior seasons. Why NFL teams ignored that, is a mystery to me.

We need to get the best players in each class. We can't say oh we could get better players next year etc, each class complements the others. When Shaq's class are SRs, I expect this team to be loaded up with leadership, talent and depth. Once we get the best players in So FL, and the rest of FL, the future players see who they are going to play with and it's easier to recruit. FSU was cleaning up, now they have gone national to a far extent which will undo them imo. Richt showed up at the right time and getting so many talented kids to commit so early is a great testament to what he's selling and building

I agree with that statement, which is why we don't have many recruiting battles with them this year. They have traditionally recruited well nationally but I think they have over extended themselves a bit this year. Not gonna argue though, more in-state studs for UM

Advertisement
Miami has had a bunch of talented WRs wasted over the last 10 years.. BUT now with CMR here, it's really starting to look good again, AR82 is the start of something new at UM for WRs and Pope and others will just follow the footsteps.. At the end of the day, regardless of what these rankings say, we all know what recruits we want here at Miami.. **Stars will not define a player**

Advertisement
Back