Mark Pope tweet

Advertisement
Prob nothing or unrelated but can anyone confirm he had a good visit. Just tweeted "everything happens for a reason" with some ominous emojis

Think it has to do with him potentially having issues with not being able to enroll early

As long as we don't lose him, I'm fine with him coming in May.

I hope (if this is all true) that this isn't UM admissions again.

Why is your first instinct to blame UM admissions, when virtually 100 percent of the time it’s either the student’s fault, or the high school’s school fault

It's not always 100%. Pete said that Brandon Powell (back in 2013) was a hang up with administration. There was a similar hold up with Yearby as well in which he almost enrolled at USF. It's not a big deal.

He is signing early but apparently there is a school issue and he won't be able to enroll early, which sucks. But, he IS signing Wednesday, so relax.

Advertisement
Prob nothing or unrelated but can anyone confirm he had a good visit. Just tweeted "everything happens for a reason" with some ominous emojis

Think it has to do with him potentially having issues with not being able to enroll early

Why is your first instinct to blame UM admissions, when virtually 100 percent of the time it’s either the student’s fault, or the high school’s school fault

It's not always 100%. Pete said that Brandon Powell (back in 2013) was a hang up with administration. There was a similar hold up with Yearby as well in which he almost enrolled at USF. It's not a big deal.

You can’t actually name one time when admissions prevented someone from enrolling. It is pretty much 100% always something the student or the high school hasn’t done, or some form they haven’t completed. If they can get Jeff Thomas in.... that should tell you what you need to know.

You can’t actually name one time when admissions prevented someone from enrolling. It is pretty much 100% always something the student or the high school hasn’t done, or some form they haven’t completed. If they can get Jeff Thomas in.... that should tell you what you need to know.

I said I hope this wasn't Miami admissions. Where did I definitively say that this was on them?

That's bull****, he got a late uf offer and flipped. Had he wanted to be a Cane he could have held his btch-*** horses for a few days.

Advertisement
It sucks if he can’t get in early. There is a huge advantage to the recruits who get to go through spring practice. I still think he starts in the slot even if he enrolls in the summer.

He's simply talking about the possibility of not enrolling early. You're welcome. Lock thread.

That's bull****, he got a late uf offer and flipped. Had he wanted to be a Cane he could have held his btch-*** horses for a few days.

He certainly could have, and I agree. But, from what Pete had mentioned at the time, there was a hang up with administration.

As it pertains to this particular situation, it doesn't seem like it's the case. So I'm good with dropping it. Unless you want to have this pointless back and forth.

Advertisement
Cooney’s brother, Pat, is on the Southridge staff and close to Pope. He just told me Pope isn’t going anywhere even if he can’t enroll early. He added that Pope’s Mom and grandmother are absolutely set on Miami.

Advertisement

He certainly could have, and I agree. But, from what Pete had mentioned at the time, there was a hang up with administration.

As it pertains to this particular situation, it doesn't seem like it's the case. So I'm good with dropping it. Unless you want to have this pointless back and forth.

The "bull****" comment wasn't directed at you so much as a reaction to having heard that explanation numerous times from numerous people, and I don't think it's correct.

But you're right, no reason to argue.

Cheers.

Amazing that these "surprises" still happen. I have zero evidence that this is the case but my first inclination is to assume that there are idiots in some local high school administrations that aren't all on the same page regarding the rocket science that is interpreting a high school transcript and they end up misleading a kid and potentially our staff.

Welcome with dealing with public schools and transcripts....he’s signing! It’s an issue with Southridge...Ivins had an article up this morning about it.

Cooney’s brother, Pat, is on the Southridge staff and close to Pope. He just told me Pope isn’t going anywhere even if he can’t enroll early. He added that Pope’s Mom and grandmother are absolutely set on Miami.
still signing early?

Advertisement
Back