Mark Pope’s dismissal from JSU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slimy, primealready knew what he was gon do but manipulated the team to vote his way so it look like the teams decision instead of his
He ain’t got no reason to do that he could have did it behind the doors and dealt with the backlash from the team how about maybe it’s a lesson showing that if a bunch of your peers are saying that they want you off the team it ain’t cause coach prime said

Advertisement
Where did he start at in coaching? If you know the answer then you will know the error in your statement. It wasnt JSU.

See this is what i am talking about. This is why its hard in this coaching game for black head coaches. Cant even acknowledge the job he did and the rise to where he is now.

He started Prime Academy, that went well

Saban is a piece of **** in his own right.
But give me break. If Saban did this on camera, it would have been on loop on ESPN all day and he would have been torn to pieces by commentators. Yet, somehow Deion gets a pass.
Only Deion
A big difference between Saban and Prime is Saban ensures all these types of things stay internal. He fights hard for it. He would never dream of publicizing it.

God I hope they go head to head in the media about more stuff

Advertisement
Only a Moron would agree how this was handled....
Lord knows I'm not gonna defend deion... BUT at what point do you hold someone that is constantly sabotaging his teammates and himself accountable in whatever forum possible. From what he said he talked with him about whatever was going on several times before and he kept doin it... All I can say is while he was here, he would sabotage progress on a regular & SOMEONE on the staff would constantly cover for him, than explain things away as someone else was responsible for, then beg for second,third,fourth chances till he finally had to kick rocks. Myself the only thing I'll ever say made this kid a cane in my eyes is he got ufag to break him off not once BUT TWICE to transfer there only to back out each time. Lmfao

Lord knows I'm not gonna defend deion... BUT at what point do you hold someone that is constantly sabotaging his teammates and himself accountable in whatever forum possible. From what he said he talked with him about whatever was going on several times before and he kept doin it... All I can say is while he was here, he would sabotage progress on a regular & SOMEONE on the staff would constantly cover for him, than explain things away as someone else was responsible for, then beg for second,third,fourth chances till he finally had to kick rocks. Myself the only thing I'll ever say made this kid a cane in my eyes is he got ufag to break him off not once BUT TWICE to transfer there only to back out each time. Lmfao
But I still say that it was handled inappropriately...

What do you mean by sabotaging, Dee?

Advertisement
He ain’t got no reason to do that he could have did it behind the doors and dealt with the backlash from the team how about maybe it’s a lesson showing that if a bunch of your peers are saying that they want you off the team it ain’t cause coach prime said
Totally agree. ****** thing to do to a young man. Yes, Pope needs to grow up, but this Is wrong. Imagine what the media would say if Mario did this to a player?

Exactly. The whole team could have defended Pope and it wouldn’t have mattered. He immediately disregarded anything that was suggested that went against his pre determined decision. The fact that he had to pretend it was a team decision and not hit own makes him an even bigger *****. Don’t hide behind your players. Don’t make it seem like everyone wanted him gone. YOU wanted him gone. YOU’RE the head coach. YOU make the decision and tell the player in question to his face, in person. Not in some fake team meeting for some fake reality tv show. Everything about how this was handled was trash but what else would you expect from a charlatan Seminole loser.
💯 agree. This not the way leaders conduct themselves, good leaders anyway.

I just saw it and thought it was some ho ****. That should of been a one on one with the HC situation.
I told my good friend and cousin who knows Deion that he will get his character assassinated in the P5.

This is only the beginning, this whole seminole reunited with the Buffalo thing is a grand sacrifice.

You're not wrong in what you're saying it's just the way Deion brought finality to it.... Should Pope have had discipline handed to him?? Of course... If there's a issue you handle it... No one will question that and with your knowledge of things behind the scenes it's apparent this has been a long time thing... but to do what Deion did like that.... Nope... That wasn't done right... Lotta hypocritical factors going on with how that was handled...
Appreciate your input though on things that happened here.....

Advertisement
I personally don’t have an issue with how Deion dismissed Pope, the only problem I have is that it was filmed and posted.
Well that’s the whole point. I don’t think most disagree with dismissing a player or even taking a vote ( which I personally think is week, he is the head coach and should be making that decision but people can disagree on that ).
But the way he conducted it on camera to embarrass a young man on TV for his own self promotion is absolutely classless.

I have no problems with Deion being BRUTAL to the kid.

Off camera.

man....., Mark Pope....

You can be old school and still feel for the guy at the same time.

Yikes. Pull through brother.

Advertisement
That should have been handled behind closed doors. Everything else can theoretically be the same, including the team vote.

Slimy, primealready knew what he was gon do but manipulated the team to vote his way so it look like the teams decision instead of his
I highly doubt Deion was trying to deflect the attention away from him that wouldn’t be very Prime Time of him lol

Nah bro this **** ain’t right c’mon now. I’m not the biggest Pope fan, but shaming him on camera like that for some clout points is whack to me. Deion showed zero respect and class in the situation.
Is he clout chasing or trying to uphold a culture/standard? I’m not sure that’s what I’m trying to figure out based on the interaction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back