Mark Pope’s dismissal from JSU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Eddie Robinson is a GOAT. I don’t think Deion can ever live up to that. But for me, thats ok. Everyone journey is important.

I am soooooooo excited for Ed Reed. Aw man it is going to be sooo fun watching him on his journey. Plenty people doubted him too in terms of his ability to coach and relay the knowledge he has.

I've never doubted Ed's ability to coach.

I do think there are sometimes some legit questions (which can certainly be answered) when the VERY best players transition into coaching. Certainly, there are a lot of coaches who have "played the game", but not many HALL OF FAME level players who then go on to head coaching roles. Ditka is the only one I can think of (at least in the modern era). Bart Starr tried and failed.

Also, many times guys LEARN how to be a head coach by observing a great head coach from their vantage point of being an assistant coach. It can be a challenge for ANYONE to start at the top spot, though, particularly if you have a great legacy as a former player. Like it or not, people tend to expect comparable levels of greatness. Bart Starr was one of my heroes growing up, and he just didn't get it done as a coach.

Exactly. Using the whole “ teaching men and the Lord “ to push his own selfish agenda. When this whole gimmick train goes off the track it’ll be quite the show. Maybe he films that too?
I find it funny that he went on a rant the first day he was there about not wearing hats inside, but every time I have seen him he is wearing a hat. I am sure he would say it's ok b/c he is the coach.

Also (and apologies if this has been posted already, I did not read through all 17 pages), but what he does to this reporter is some bullying bull****

Edit: A few people have commented that Deion and him are friends and joke around with each other which is probably what's going on here

Last edited:

I do think there are sometimes some legit questions (which can certainly be answered) when the VERY best players transition into coaching. Certainly, there are a lot of coaches who have "played the game", but not many HALL OF FAME level players who then go on to head coaching roles. Ditka is the only one I can think of (at least in the modern era). Bart Starr tried and failed.

Also, many times guys LEARN how to be a head coach by observing a great head coach from their vantage point of being an assistant coach. It can be a challenge for ANYONE to start at the top spot, though, particularly if you have a great legacy as a former player. Like it or not, people tend to expect comparable levels of greatness. Bart Starr was one of my heroes growing up, and he just didn't get it done as a coach.
In college the only one i can think of right now is Steve Spurrier.

Advertisement

Dorsey and Ed Reed have lots of similarities...
#1 They both were studious
#2 They literally were two coaches on the field
#3 I think both will be successful with any and all endeavors in their lives.

Youre-terminated GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Not a fan of it at all. I think its a douche move to put that out on social media. My opinion of prime is even lower now.
He could’ve shredded him in front of the team , then did his fake vote and then told him to kick rocks. The discipline was done and the kid likely lost his last opportunity to play ball again. All of this happening in front of more than 100 people. That’s not good enough , he needs to be destroyed in front of all the country , that‘ll teach him accountability and how to be a man. Let’s do it for the gram baby!! While Coach Prime is auditioning for an Oscar with his over acting.

Fact is if any other coach did this the same people would be losing it. Even worse if it were their child being used as an extra for his reality show. Now imagine if that was done to “ Coach Primes ” kids ? He’d turn his entrance music on and would storm into that coaches office to rip them a new one.

Advertisement
Did he name names though?
It was a shtty season that I've tried to mentally suppress, so my recollection could be off, but I believe he made that comment in general, not specific, context.
No he did not.
He answered a hypothetical question asked by a reporter. The question was asked because of Smith and Rogers parents making public tweets about playing time. But Mario never mentioned a person or incident when answering the reports question.
Anyone trying to compare what Mario said to the spectacle Deon did here, is most likely either a Deon **** rider fan boy or an idiot.

I find it funny that he went on a rant the first day he was there about not wearing hats inside, but every time I have seen him he is wearing a hat. I am sure he would say it's ok b/c he is the coach.

Also (and apologies if this has been posted already, I did not read through all 17 pages), but what he does to this reporter is some bullying bull****

They have a history together. That wasn’t bullying. You would have to know Rob Jay and how he jokes.

Not at all using social media to throw ppl under the bus
I need absolutely no lessons from you on how to treat people. Manny brought that on himself....he treated Ed like sh*t....had the audacity to walk away from Ed several times, when Ed tried to talk some sense into him. I know Ed Reed...I've known him since 1997. Ed knows several members of my family like their his. Ed would NEVER have pulled a showboating, egotistical stunt like 3 Toes pulled on Pope.

Advertisement
At the end of the day.... Pope is still a young man. No one has everything together at his age. The way y'all savior Deion did this was clearly for a spectacle/show and that's ****ed up to me. Don't care what Pope did, you as a coach still has to keep things mature and professional. He could've had a one on one with Pope, released him AND THEN address the team about a player not wanting to be apart of the "family".

This why I believe Deion will greatly struggle as an nfl coach if he ever wants to become one because he thinks EVERYTHING has to be a "performance". **** like this won't fly with grown men.
I agree 100%. Deion is a guy who many young black men look up to and not only is he publicly shaming one who obviously needed guidance but he's also profiting from it with this being on his Amazon doc series. I'd hope a guy who isn't just a coach but a role model would do better than this but Deion is all about Deion.

There's something to be said about people who venture from one type of spotlight to another. I remember when Prime become a Pastor. I was like ok, lets see what this is all about. Fast forward more than 12 years later and bling bling, lights, camera, action. It was always about him. Even when he played and went from team to team, it was always about him. He done sold out for the fame, and cant get enough. He is a great speaker and motivator. The gift of snakes and vipers🤙🤙

Advertisement
There's something to be said about people who venture from one type of spotlight to another. I remember when Prime become a Pastor. I was like ok, lets see what this is all about. Fast forward more than 12 years later and bling bling, lights, camera, action. It was always about him. Even when he played and went from team to team, it was always about him. He done sold out for the fame, and cant get enough. He is a great speaker and motivator. The gift of snakes and vipers🤙🤙
Don’t forget the abortion which was the prime prep academy.

Agreed. Had this been Saban blowing a fuse and kicking him off the team in a rage, no one would be complaining because that's who Saban is. This criticism stems from the hate of Deion, not from concern about Mark Pope.
Saban is a piece of **** in his own right.
But give me break. If Saban did this on camera, it would have been on loop on ESPN all day and he would have been torn to pieces by commentators. Yet, somehow Deion gets a pass.
Only Deion

Saban is a piece of **** in his own right.
But give me break. If Saban did this on camera, it would have been on loop on ESPN all day and he would have been torn to pieces by commentators. Yet, somehow Deion gets a pass.
Only Deion
People forget the talking heads going crazy when Saban cussed out a player on the sideline for f’ing up years back. Same with Mario at Oregon. But nothing with this lol. It’s all good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back