Mark Pope’s dismissal from JSU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Advertisement
public executions were around for so long because they were effective. i bet a player will think twice before he does whatever Pope is accused of.
You’re really reaching with this lol. That wasn’t about sending a message to other kids that was about creating content for his reality show / documentary. Nothing more.

It wasn’t very clean execution but I don’t have an issue with him doing it in front of the room. We may not know what exactly transpired but they do, he set the record that the poison will not be tolerated.

However, I take exception that it was filmed as a spectacle in the interest of television. Dual motives are a slippery slope; the phrase ‘show trial’ exists in our lexicon for a reason.

If Mario did this, on camera, to Gattis at noon, the uproarious applause of this board would be the direct opposite of this thread.

It would nearly 100% be: Mario is a ******* alpha. Chests would be pounded. Fists would be pumped. Same if it was someone like Thad walking out of practice…

Mario wouldn't do it, and you are comparing a compensated, very well compensated professional, to a college athlete. Jesus dude, apples to skyscrapers.

Advertisement
Smh it is kinda dirty but you sheeple want grown a$$ men to live w/o consequences. Ive seen it repeatedly on this board, ppl defending ppl that have squandered 2nd 3rd 4th 5th chances. Its sad the low standard we hold ppl to and then complain about accountability. Nobody knows what exactly occurred or what had been occurring with Pope but I'd take Deions word over Pope anyday.
That fake *** drama laden bs has nothing to do with being a grown man or teaching a **** thing. He used Pope as a segment for content. Not sure how some of y’all can’t see the difference. It was like watching coaching with the Kardashians. He’s just as thirsty for attention as any instagram Thot.

y’all acting like these woke females that are allergic to accountability.

those kids went there knowing the cameras are there and anything that happens will be used for content. they know what they (literally) signed up for. the next player who wants to do what Pope is accused of will think twice because he knows he will get embarrassed on a national stage.

how many times y’all seen a player get cut on Hard Knocks? is it wrong for the cameras to be there when the player is told to step into the office?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Smh it is kinda dirty but you sheeple want grown a$$ men to live w/o consequences. Ive seen it repeatedly on this board, ppl defending ppl that have squandered 2nd 3rd 4th 5th chances. Its sad the low standard we hold ppl to and then complain about accountability. Nobody knows what exactly occurred or what had been occurring with Pope but I'd take Deions word over Pope anyday.
Only a Moron would agree how this was handled....

Advertisement
Everything the guy does is for show.
Same BS when he consoled the white boy for dropping that game winning pass. Cameras are always cued up for Prime.
Exactly. Using the whole “ teaching men and the Lord “ to push his own selfish agenda. When this whole gimmick train goes off the track it’ll be quite the show. Maybe he films that too?

Exactly. Using the whole “ teaching men and the Lord “ to push his own selfish agenda. When this whole gimmick train goes off the track it’ll be quite the show. Maybe he films that too?
🤝

The question to ask is would he have done the same if there wasn't a camera? I'm sure there have been other players who have gotten in trouble, was it handled the same way? Or did he just call the person to his office and said you're gone or suspended etc..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back