Mark Pope’s dismissal from JSU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
If there was no video there would be no problem. Pope's team mates said its a gots to go situation. Keep family matters in the the family. I hope the punishment fit the crime. Also sounds like it was the third time.
Except half of his teammates clearly didn't say he's got to go.

Except half of his teammates clearly didn't say he's got to go.

It was about a 75% to 25% ratio in favor of getting rid of him. The entire defense voted dismissal and half the offense as well. I think it’s safe to assume some of the offense that voted for him to stay already knew the situation and only voted that way cause they were cool with Pope.

(Not saying this was wrong or right, just clarifying most teammates did want him gone)

Advertisement
Lol at anyone saying they’re ok with this, it’s always about Deion. He already made his decision, could you imagine a department meeting at work your director asks everyone to “vote” on a team member and then telling them they’re fired? You’d be sued for that ****, and then posting it on social media afterwards? What a clown, Pope is a garbage player and clearly not a good teammate, that still doesn’t justify this behavior by a fellow “adult.” Anyone ok with this I hope to god you never manage anyone or it’ll end real ugly.

You
You’re missing the point. Pope, a grown man should have known how Deion does business and conducts himself when he signed up for his program. He should have known if he screwed off he would put himself at risk of being publicly humiliated like this because Deion films everything and is all about himself.

People trying to feel bad for Pope fail to realize he made a conscious decision to put himself in that position with a man who is self centered, self promoting, etc.

If this was a 18 year old kid who was a week or two into his college career, I would feel differently, but Pope should know better.

It doesn’t make what Deion did right or something I support.
You're right. Pope should have known Prime was in insensitive, narcissistic, evil, duplicitous jerk.

But I can't imagine even knowing all the above, Pope (or anyone else) would think Prime would pull that krahpp.

Made a TV production of kicking a guy off the team... Full camera crew and all....
Sorry but no one deserves to be embarrassed like that...
Talking about family but you air your dirty laundry for a show??..
I get Pope has issues but that isn't gonna help him... Dismissing him could a been handled more professionally on Deion's part. He couldn't help make it about him...

Advertisement
This should have been dealt with privately.

Does anyone know what Pope did there to cause trouble?

Remember the "he pulled a gun" rumors here.. I believe started by Pope's dad... and that was of grave concern to many on here wanting to think the worst of our team and coaches.

Remember the "he pulled a gun" rumors here.. I believe started by Pope's dad... and that was of grave concern to many on here wanting to think the worst of our team and coaches.
I remember it but don’t remember Pope’s Dad.

Advertisement
Didn’t see any discussion on this, but saw this clip on my Twitter TL. Deion absolutely violated Pope the way he kicked him off the team. I know Deion isn’t the most popular guy around these parts right now, but if he(and the other players) decided to get rid of Pope like this, just imagine how toxic our lockerroom was.

Hate to say it, but all these players transferring out is probably a good thing.

This should have been coach/player ONLY moment

Advertisement
That clip was ripe with manipulation. Every time, someone would suggest, "We can give him another chance". It was shot down by the HEAD COACH saying, "We already have"! Then he would ask, "Anybody else wanna speak up?" Another Coach or player, "Yea Coach, we can suspend him and then....." Deion would interrupt. "We already tried that!" "Anybody else?" "Ok lets vote". By cutting down every "response" the way he did, he was manipulating the process, and basically pointing the kids that may have been on the fence to vote the way he wanted them to vote. That was painfully obvious. Deion was cleary steering the team in the direction that he wanted them to go. The fact that a lot of the kids stood up for Pope, even after that "sermon" by Pastor Prime, says to me that there are some free thinkers on that squad.
Exactly. The whole team could have defended Pope and it wouldn’t have mattered. He immediately disregarded anything that was suggested that went against his pre determined decision. The fact that he had to pretend it was a team decision and not hit own makes him an even bigger *****. Don’t hide behind your players. Don’t make it seem like everyone wanted him gone. YOU wanted him gone. YOU’RE the head coach. YOU make the decision and tell the player in question to his face, in person. Not in some fake team meeting for some fake reality tv show. Everything about how this was handled was trash but what else would you expect from a charlatan Seminole loser.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back