Mark Jones Speaking the Truth

Your narrow-mindedness is why we've made these lazy hires. Guys like Campbell aren't "learning on the job". They can flat out coach and run a program.

How is being concerned about someone's ability to recruit the elite players in South Florida, narrow mindedness? I'm not one of those people who wants a former Cane or a retread. Forget South Florida. Neither coach has ever been anywhere that they've really had to battle the elite program for recruits. Sorry, but that concerns me about Campbell and Neal Brown, and thats what I meant about learning on the job.

I want an innovative HC. Someone who is a savage and can "flat out coach". But I'd also like them to be someone who has been at a program where they've had to recruit elite players. Matt Campbell coached at Toledo, Bowling Green, and Iowa State. Plus, the guy has never won 10 games. Not once. So how is that someone who can flat out coach? I think the things that would get Matt Campbell hired at Miami, are the same type of things that got Al Golden hired. And that would be a lazy hire.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back