Mark Jones Speaking the Truth

this aint 1995 and those under the radar guys aren't so off the radar anymore

Nonsense. Yes they are. Greg Rosseau. Justin Herbert. McKenzie Milton. Minshew. All 2-3 stars. There are hundreds of kids who are ignored by the likes of Bama because they dont have the stats and Bama doesn't need "projects" since they can be 3 deep with 5 stars. With some development and the right system, the kids are rock stars.

Advertisement
Honest question how do you know the other guys aren’t “built for here”?

What does that even mean anyway?

Is this more “has to have South Florida ties” bull****?

Jimmy Johnson wasn't a Cane. He was from R-Kansas coaching in Oklahoma and look at what he did after his first season.

mario is the only one built for here. evne he is high risk
Bro Mario ain't done squat yet, and we cannot afford to take anymore chances on the unknown, what's known is Butch recruits circles around Mario, loads a team with first rounders better than anyone alive, this is a certainty

Jimmy Johnson wasn't a Cane. He was from R-Kansas coaching in Oklahoma and look at what he did after his first season.
See right here is a good example of what I talked about in MY thread, Jimmy is from Kansas lol, I swear

Advertisement
Generally agree, but if Urban Meyer were at Miami, he would beat out Saban for some of those kids.
This is true but you think for a minute this administration would hire Urban Meyer, plus he would need about 5-6 mill per, nah we ain't going there, but he is the ONLY sob I would take before Butch

The point is they have been down here regularly and have relationships

Which is why I said, I get what Zbrod is saying. But it's not the same when you're recruiting Top150 players. Having some relationships and recruiting some 2-3 stars ain't the same as dealing with SoFla elite players and all the people and games around them. It's a different animal and I doubt they dealt with any of that **** while recruiting for Toledo, Bowling Green, Iowa State, Texas Tech, Kentucky or Troy. These aren't even guys who have had to recruit elite players on national scale. I just think that's a concern and shouldn't be on the job learning in So Fla.

Advertisement
Nonsense. Yes they are. Greg Rosseau. Justin Herbert. McKenzie Milton. Minshew. All 2-3 stars. There are hundreds of kids who are ignored by the likes of Bama because they dont have the stats and Bama doesn't need "projects" since they can be 3 deep with 5 stars. With some development and the right system, the kids are rock stars.

you are confusing signing and developing a few gems with using that as the rule and foundation for the program. Never said you could hire a stiff and rely only on recruits and you'd be fine. My point is that aside from developing you need to recruit recruit and recruit some more.

You wann compete for the NC you better win more than 2 out of the top 20 in your home state of florida, you better have a rb recruiter who couldn't sign a local rb prospect from a family of UM fans, ypu can't have an OL coach who recruits like no one can understand and I won't bring up Rumph.

you are confusing signing and developing a few gems with using that as the rule and foundation for the program. Never said you could hire a stiff and rely only on recruits and you'd be fine. My point is that aside from developing you need to recruit recruit and recruit some more.

You wann compete for the NC you better win more than 2 out of the top 20 in your home state of florida, you better have a rb recruiter who couldn't sign a local rb prospect from a family of UM fans, ypu can't have an OL coach who recruits like no one can understand and I won't bring up Rumph.

You are ice skating uphill. That's not how Miami has won, and it's not the way Miami will ever beat Bama.

Advertisement
This is exactly why Butch is the best man for the job. There is no learning curve, ZERO. He knows every recruit and every HS coach in Florida and is respected. There is no downside, ZERO.

He currents has the 115th ranked recruiting class in the country. Even at FIU that’s shockingly bad.

look what it just did physically and mentally to richt and golden

"It"? The only thing that did anything to them was their own bad decision making - refusing to quickly correct glaring problems that everyone else could see.

Advertisement
Which is why I said, I get what Zbrod is saying. But it's not the same when you're recruiting Top150 players. Having some relationships and recruiting some 2-3 stars ain't the same as dealing with SoFla elite players and all the people and games around them. It's a different animal and I doubt they dealt with any of that **** while recruiting for Toledo, Bowling Green, Iowa State, Texas Tech, Kentucky or Troy. These aren't even guys who have had to recruit elite players on national scale. I just think that's a concern and shouldn't be on the job learning in So Fla.

Your narrow-mindedness is why we've made these lazy hires. Guys like Campbell aren't "learning on the job". They can flat out coach and run a program. Funny you even mention Bowling Green. Meyer says hello.

He currents has the 115th ranked recruiting class in the country. Even at FIU that’s shockingly bad.

I trust his recruiting decisions better than Mork's. He had very high ranked classes yet he's GONE.

Let's not forget that Richt pulled in a top 10 recruiting class last year. It's not like it's impossible to recruit here. But you have to have competent OCs & DCs so that the product on the field doesn't kill recruiting. If we had hired a Briles-like OC in the off-season and spent this year rolling up points, having fun and beating GT, UVA, BC, Duke, etc, rolling into the ACC champ game at 11-1, does anyone think our recruiting class would look like it does now?

Advertisement
Back