Mark Helfrich

blawrencesbtc

Recruit
According to 247 sports' reporter, Christopher Stock, former head coach of Oregon, Mark Helfrich, spent time on Miami's campus meeting with Coach Richt and the other coaches on the staff. According to Stock, Helfrich spent multiple days on campus with staff members. Stock says that multiple sources have verified this story.

Advertisement
Dude was really good as an OC.

Remember reading partridge swinging by too.

Advertisement
If we ran the chip kelly offense with our current defense, hands down miami is the objective funnest team in these united states to watch.

Smart move by Helfrich. He can learn a lot from Richt as well as help with our tempo. I'm a fan of him coming on board.

Go Canes!

Advertisement
It wouldn't be a bad decision on the part of Richt to bring Helfrich on board. MH doesn't have a job and I'm sure he's exchanging ideas with Richt in hopes of an opportunity.

Mind you, with Perry, Weldon and Rosier on the team, he may have some ideas on how to use DT-QB (that's not to say Richt doesn't have a clue (see Charlie Ward at FSU)).

Last edited:
He's not on the schedule anytime soon... coaches can have beers, exchange ideas, and not have to throw him in the river afterward.

Not a great recruiter but would definitely be a help game planning the offense. It is probably just a visit, but I would not mind bringing him on as an offensive game planner if it would be possible.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Very intriguing as far as brainstorming goes, would be skeptical of him running the show but he had offensive success when the talent was good (Kelly's recruits).

He ultimately failed at UO because he couldn't bring a QB in to run his offense and had to run with a bunch of Kirby Freeman types.

Getting the QBs wouldn't be a problem with Pastor Richt. I think Helfrich would be a HR hire on the offensive side of the ball, and I'm not one of the "Richt sucks as an OC...lol" types, either

Advertisement
Back