Mario's pain

Putting Van Dyke back into the game really ****ed me off. Inexcusable right there.
Never should have played him. I was ****ed about it in the game thread after seeing the first few throws. And we had heard that he was seen not long ago with Little movement with that arm/shoulder. Very unfair to the kid for his health’s sake.

Advertisement
Never should have played him. I was ****ed about it in the game thread after seeing the first few throws. And we had heard that he was seen not long ago with Little movement with that arm/shoulder. Very unfair to the kid for his health’s sake.
Yep I don’t think he’s going to be back next year so we probably saw the last of TVD. He’s going to transfer because he’s undraftable.

All he has to do is relinquish his idea of what an Offense should look like over to someone who actually knows what it should look like & the rest will take care of itself...

He can alleviate his pain by recognizing he’s the source of it.

He’s beyond well compensated for the job, so the options are very simple;
Either do everything you can to change & win as fast as possible starting next year, or keep doing the same thing he’s been doing & end up like the other Coaches before him.

It does not take 6+ years to put an Offense on the field that can score a TD in more than 5 games against P5 opponents, we’re not Presbyterian College & this ain’t the Pioneer league, it’s honestly not that hard to have a competent Offense.

We’re averaging 15 points per game against P5 opponents & it’s not like we’re in the SEC West or anything...

This sh*t is not as hard as he’s making it, he just needs to realize that his way is not going to work & he needs to do something different to get a different result.

Advertisement
Get a high quality OC and we’ll forgive you Mario. If you keep Gattis however you can go **** your face sideways
This is the Jedi I know and love. If he keeps Gattis then he becomes the disease.

I don’t think gattis will be back by the way but i wish it was immediate

This is the Jedi I know and love. If he keeps Gattis then he becomes the disease.

I don’t think gattis will be back by the way but i wish it was immediate
Then you still don’t know me . The disease has always been a couple of levels up . We’ll see if this time around is window dressing and all talk or if they’re really serious about fixing this very soon . If Gattis is retained we’ll all know the answer

Then you still don’t know me . The disease has always been a couple of levels up . We’ll see if this time around is window dressing and all talk or if they’re really serious about fixing this very soon . If Gattis is retained we’ll all know the answer
I know enough. Levels up gave him the money. This is on him. If he doesn’t change, he’s the disease.

Advertisement
All he has to do is relinquish his idea of what an Offense should look like over to someone who actually knows what it should look like & the rest will take care of itself...

He can alleviate his pain by recognizing he’s the source of it.

He’s beyond well compensated for the job, so the options are very simple;
Either do everything you can to change & win as fast as possible starting next year, or keep doing the same thing he’s been doing & end up like the other Coaches before him.

It does not take 6+ years to put an Offense on the field that can score a TD in more than 5 games against P5 opponents, we’re not Presbyterian College & this ain’t the Pioneer league, it’s honestly not that hard to have a competent Offense.

We’re averaging 15 points per game against P5 opponents & it’s not like we’re in the SEC West or anything...

This sh*t is not as hard as he’s making it, he just needs to realize that his way is not going to work & he needs to do something different to get a different result.
This.
UW goes out and gets Kalen DeBoer and a retread QB and has the #1 passing offense in the country.
This ain't rocket science - there gotta be at least 10 proven OC's that would kill to come here IF Mario just said...its your offense and your staff...just get me 40 a game.

One thing I think we all need to think about in the midst of all this is Mario's pain. He needs to have some real soul searching going on.

There's no way he lays his head on his pillow at night and thinks "this is fine. It's all going according to plan."

This man has to be on suicide watch if he bleeds orange/green as much as we all think he does.

Put yourselves in his shoes. We all love this program. Do any of you all believe we even love this program a tenth of how much he does?

Now imagine you love this program and for 25 years it has been your dream to come back and lead it as a head coach. For 20 years you've frustratingly watched your beloved program struggle in mediocrity and stupidity. All the while you're learning and seeing the vast difference between the elite programs and your beloved program. For the last 15 years you've taken your wife away from her home and her family.. Your kids never got quality team with their extended family. You haven't seen your family since you've been traveling all over the country. You've taken job after job, traveling across the country, to hopefully one day get a shot at this dream job.

Then finally, the stars align. The culmination of everything you've worked and dreamed for aligns. Miami offers you your dream job. But not only that, they give you every demand and more to fulfill and execute at the highest level. there's no longer an excuse of "well if we had that" etc. You have the blueprint. You have the resources. You have an elite QB and the "best assistant coach" in the country. Everything is aligning perfectly just like you envisioned and planned.

And then what shows up on game day happens to be not just bad.. But possibly the worst Miami football team in 40 years. You set record after record for "worst ever". Your players have all regressed.. Your offensive line, your bread and butter, is significantly WORSE than last year. Your star QB looks sub par.. Your defense can't tackle and your players are all injured. Your team hasn't scored a TD for more than 2 complete games.

All of your alumni friends and brothers probably can't talk to you because of the shame and guilt they know you feel. Your own wife and kids, who are Miami hurricane fans, can't believe how badly you've failed. The players you coach, who you've promised every resource and commitment, can't trust you anymore.

This glorious homecoming has been nothing short of a colossal failure in every regard.. you literally don't have a single accomplishment from this season to hang your hat on.. Nothing. Everything has gotten worse.

How do you sleep at night? How do you stay motivated to keep on? Everything in your world revolves around the Miami Hurricanes. There is no escaping it. There is no silo for you to hide in. What does Mario do?

I think that's why he has this "back to work" mantra. It's all he can do. Put his head down and work and believe in the vision he's had for 20+ years. What else can he do?

While I can't argue with having some empathy for Mario, this pain does come with the territory. I didn't expect a Natty or anything close to that, but I also didn't expect this nosedive. He's got to do his job and stop this bleeding. We can't excuse any one of these losses to sorry *** teams as outliers because losing has become the new norm. We needed to find a way to at least be in that game last night. The way we're losing is sickening. Scoreboard and eye test both are abysmal.

It doesn’t work that way . They chose him because they wanted a “UM “ guy no matter what . That UM guy was chosen over the likes of Lane Kiffin . Accountability is a *****
It does work like that. He’s qualified. They gave that qualified HC the money. He chose Gattis. He could’ve chosen otherwise - Graham Harrell and others were out there. It’s on him not anyone else at this point.

It does work like that. He’s qualified. They gave that qualified HC the money. He chose Gattis. He could’ve chosen otherwise - Graham Harrell and others were out there. It’s on him not anyone else at this point.

Yeah, this is the part where I remind you one thing stems from another. That guy that chose Gattis as his OC was HAND PICKED AND WELL PAID by the decision makers at play at the higher levels. The buck stops there. There were other quality options available and they decided to go a very specific route. The prodigal son route.

Mind you, nobody has defended Mario more on this board than I have. Unlike most however, I don't allow my personal feelings for someone to get in the way of what's best for the program.

Advertisement
This.
UW goes out and gets Kalen DeBoer and a retread QB and has the #1 passing offense in the country.
This ain't rocket science - there gotta be at least 10 proven OC's that would kill to come here IF Mario just said...its your offense and your staff...just get me 40 a game.

All he has to do is find a young innovative OC who’s not making that much money, offer him a $1mill+ & say,
“The Offense is yours, I’ll get you the players, just work your wizardry & scheme up some points, but you have autonomy over play calling & the PT.”

He just needs move his stubborn *** out the way & focus on the OL, give the Offense over to a certified play caller & not just one of his boys from FIU, or some “tUfF & fiZiCuLL bro!” at some up North school that likes to win games 13-10, but an actual X’s & O’s guru that understands the value of a forward pass & how to actually draw up plays that gets your team in the End zone & let them handle the QB/WR’s/RB’s etc..

We can win & it doesn’t have to take half a decade to do it, he just has to realize it himself.

Yeah, this is the part where I remind you one thing stems from another. That guy that chose Gattis as his OC was HAND PICKED AND WELL PAID by the decision makers at play at the higher levels. The buck stops there. There were other quality options available and they decided to go a very specific route. The prodigal son route.

Mind you, nobody has defended Mario more on this board than I have. Unlike most however, I don't allow my personal feelings for someone to get in the way of what's best for the program.
We've known our locker room is a ****show. You don't hire a coach to come and fix a decades long problem and give them a minimum number of wins in the first year.

4 out of 5 losses AT HOME!! Where are my other Apologies for wasting my Saturdays going tho see a un-prideful team!

Advertisement
How do you sleep at night? How do you stay motivated to keep on? Everything in your world revolves around the Miami Hurricanes. There is no escaping it. There is no silo for you to hide in. What does Mario do?

I think that's why he has this "back to work" mantra. It's all he can do. Put his head down and work and believe in the vision he's had for 20+ years. What else can he do?

You just keep doing the work and block out the idiotic noise.

You also have to look in the mirror and do some honest reevaluation for this next season of coaching in this ever-changing sport. Innovate, or die.

Safe to say these players aren't real young men who love playing football and are going to run through a wall for their hard-*** head coach—so get kids who will—and get the right-fit staff on board a the Josh Gattis experience is an abortion. His style might've worked in Michigan with all his horses, but not with these jokers.

Also, all these basic, "I'm sure the $8-million keeps him warm at night" nonsense is do dumb. Tiger Woods is a billionaire and he's still losing sleep nightly and working his *** off to try and win a few more majors to catch Jack. Kobe and Jeter had big money in the bank when retiring—they all kept working and starting new ventures after their playing days were over because they wanted more.

Mario is already rich and could've kept doing what he was doing in Oregon and been paid handsomely. He left that to come to Miami to win and until he does, the money is meaningless.

They were the disease with Blake and hiring Manny, Shannon… whoever.

They weren’t hiring - in any chance in **** - Lane Kiffin. They hired a coach with a very acceptable resume. They funded him. They added Rad. They added Zo. They’re spending money on the facilities.

Enough with the BOT crying at this point. They stepped up this time. The dude can recruit his *** off. Like LCE said, all Mario has to do is recruit and get out of his own way and bring in an OC with a proper scheme and leave him to do gis job. It’s 9-10 wins in the Bank every year.

But he didn’t do that. We’ll see what he does next.

You just keep doing the work and block out the idiotic noise.

You also have to look in the mirror and do some honest reevaluation for this next season of coaching in this ever-changing sport. Innovate, or die.

Safe to say these players aren't real young men who love playing football and are going to run through a wall for their hard-*** head coach—so get kids who will—and get the right-fit staff on board a the Josh Gattis experience is an abortion. His style might've worked in Michigan with all his horses, but not with these jokers.

Also, all these basic, "I'm sure the $8-million keeps him warm at night" nonsense is do dumb. Tiger Woods is a billionaire and he's still losing sleep nightly and working his *** off to try and win a few more majors to catch Jack. Kobe and Jeter had big money in the bank when retiring—they all kept working and starting new ventures after their playing days were over because they wanted more.

Mario is already rich and could've kept doing what he was doing in Oregon and been paid handsomely. He left that to come to Miami to win and until he does, the money is meaningless.
What fantasy land do you live in?

In his first couple of years Diaz got much more love than Mario is getting. The hype and media BS was way over exaggerated and that was because of his success at Oregon. Forget culture adversity diversity these are nothing more than lightening rod words created by the politically led media to incite the young thinkers of today. It’s football a team sport. You win when everyone is going in the same direction and unselfishly have their teammates back on and off the field.

Advertisement
Back