Mario will be on Gameday…

Kirk was just a meat puppet being told what to do. Fūck that guy. All I want to do is see him cry more like a bltch again. I’m not riding with the popular sentiment that he loves us and he’s a great guy. Fūck him, this is sports, anybody that’s not a Miami Hurricane my enemy.
It’s some dudes on CIS. Wow

Advertisement
Liked the interview, but it was too short. Understandable since he has recruits to visit, and today is all about Army/Navy for GameDay. Glad they didn't bring up the NIL BS. Let Dan Rad focus on that BS.

I may be in the minority on this board, but I like GD. I think it's the network's best show. I'm not a big ESPN guy, because they don't cover sports. They cover sports that they are in contract to air. When FOX had UFC, they barely talked UFC unless it was a huge fight. When NBC had the NHL contract, they barely gave hockey the time of day. Plus, they created what I like to call the ESPNization of sports where every current moment, game, and player has to be the GOAT. I hate that. Let things breathe and in time, it will prove what/who is the GOATs.

Advertisement
Liked the interview, but it was too short. Understandable since he has recruits to visit, and today is all about Army/Navy for GameDay. Glad they didn't bring up the NIL BS. Let Dan Rad focus on that BS.

I may be in the minority on this board, but I like GD. I think it's the network's best show. I'm not a big ESPN guy, because they don't cover sports. They cover sports that they are in contract to air. When FOX had UFC, they barely talked UFC unless it was a huge fight. When NBC had the NHL contract, they barely gave hockey the time of day. Plus, they created what I like to call the ESPNization of sports where every current moment, game, and player has to be the GOAT. I hate that. Let things breathe and in time, it will prove what/who is the GOATs.
I hate ESPN for sure but there’s no doubt College Gameday is an amazing broadcast in general

Advertisement
Kirk was just a meat puppet being told what to do. Fūck that guy. All I want to do is see him cry more like a bltch again. I’m not riding with the popular sentiment that he loves us and he’s a great guy. Fūck him, this is sports, anybody that’s not a Miami Hurricane my enemy.
I don’t think Kirk likes UM as much as he and some people at ESPN recognize that national brands are good for ratings in college football and really all college sports. The media benefits from UM, ND, USC and Michigan being good. Bama, UGA and the rest of the SEC provide only regional interest no matter how good they are.

Similarly in basketball, Duke, UCLA, UK, UNC and arguably Kansas are national brands. Gonzaga is a great story but few outside of the Pacific Northwest care.

Advertisement
Maybe I missed it. Were these questions asked to Riley and Kelly? Or any coach that was hired from another school at the end of the year?

I prob missed it

Bobby Bowden once threw up the U too. Give me a motherfvcking break...
I don’t care what Bowden did, this is not the same. I spoke to Kirk about Miami for two hours. I was working corporate investigations out in Vegas at Wynn and dealt with the high profile guests. I was called to Kirks Villa because of a big issue (I can’t say) he was probably going to sue us over. When I got there I had my U wristband on under my suit and tie. Instead of taking photos and getting a statement from him we spoke college football and mostly about Miami. He saw the wristband and just calmed down (you know how rich white folks be when people **** up).

I don’t care what Bowden did, this is not the same. I spoke to Kirk about Miami for two hours. I was working corporate investigations out in Vegas at Wynn and dealt with the high profile guests. I was called to Kirks Villa because of a big issue (I can’t say) he was probably going to sue us over. When I got there I had my U wristband on under my suit and tie. Instead of taking photos and getting a statement from him we spoke college football and mostly about Miami. He saw the wristband and just calmed down (you know how rich white folks be when people **** up).
I’d pay $5 for this entire story.

Advertisement
We complain about Finebaum and others who bad mouth Miami every chance they get. But then when someone more visible in the media appears to have helped us in some way and generally talks nicely about Miami and keeps mentioning the glory days - regardless of his motives- we still complain and say he hates Miami and fook him. I think fans like to have that nobody likes us and we-against-the world feeling. Miami fans syndrome.

Advertisement
Back