Mario Recruiting Columbus Vs Manny Diaz

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
It’s water under the bridge, but if Manny really cared about his job he would make his rounds at the local powerhouse schools at minimum once a week.

If he only visited Columbus once in 6 years, I can’t imagine what it was like at Central, NW, BT, STA, Dillard…

We obviously know that Manny didn’t have the recruiting budget for out of state guys, but how the **** do you not hammer the local schools.

Pure ineptitude

Me: I'll take Things Mario Did When He Arrived at Miami for $2,000 Alex

Alex: First thing that Mario did when he got off of the plane at Opa Locka.

Me: Visit Roland Smith at Central.

Alex: That's correct for $2,000

kirk douglas wood GIF

Drink it in...........but thank God Diaz is gone. What a bozo. Visiting CCHS should be a weekly affair. The laziness was truly astounding.

Advertisement
there's something no amount of help can fix man. thats experience. Manny should've. been allowed to go to temple and learn there not here. golden tried to make us Penn state and then went AWOL on the job. **** him
There's something else no amount of help can fix - work ethic. It is not experience visiting Columbus once. It is sheer laziness.

Advertisement
That 2013 offseason… can anyone clarify, Mario was briefly on staff here under Golden (or agreed to be) but as we know ended up at Bama. What was said is that he bounced because he and Golden got into because of a dust up Mario had with another coach at a local high school…? Is that bullsh*t and completely made up or true? If true does anyone know who the assistant was or which recruit was at the center of it?
I thought I read that Cristobal walked in to the Hecht, saw it was amateur hour, got an offer from Saban (who recognised how good a recruiter / OLine Coach he was) and bounced for the good of his career.

Obviously he was playing the long game.

Advertisement
Back