Mario quote from new CBS interview

Problem2

All-American
Premium
The recent investment by Miami and its donors, sources say, matches or surpasses SEC programs. That's what this has to be about since the Strength Everywhere Conference has lapped just about everyone in the sport.

"Watching Miami from afar, I felt like over the last several years it was being postured [in recruiting] more of a vacation destination -- like, palm trees," Cristobal said. "That's not Miami football. Miami football is grit, physicality and speed, playing with an edge."

:sideeyes:

:2h3mpi1:

Sounds about right

Advertisement
If nothing else, he'll always be the coach who helped turn this place from casual, amateur hour clown show, to serious progrum that is ready to spend money and invest in resources like the big boys. We've needed this for almost two decades now.

We were in the middle of an arm's race with nerf guns and Mario showed up with blueprints to a nuke.

If nothing else, he'll always be the coach who helped turn this place from casual, amateur hour clown show, to serious progrum that is ready to spend money and invest in resources like the big boys. We've needed this for almost two decades now.

We were in the middle of an arm's race with nerf guns and Mario showed up with blueprints to a nuke.
Well said

Advertisement

Kids was getting free vacations with ZERO plans to even consider the school.

Between legs catch.gif

Advertisement

It's funny how many of us have said the same things for over a decade straight and we're called every name in book.. mopes, haters of program, told to be banned, etc.. but now herbstreit is said to deserve a statue and Cristobal is speaking gospel..

Either way thank gawd someone wit clout made moves because most on board were happy to just tailgate and watch us in mediocrity getting our **** pushed in while singing it's great to be a Miami hurricane..

Advertisement
I really like hearing him talk about the program. It almost brings a tear to my eye each time.

The guys just gets it.

Tears Crying GIF

I'm not doubting him, but every coach we've hired, people have said the same thing.

The guy just gets it, or some variation of that.

No doubt though that we're seeing change. Positive change for certain.

Advertisement
Kids was getting free vacations with ZERO plans to even consider the school.
Nobody loved the "Sell what you got/Paradise Camp" ideas more than me but I agree we dragged that WAY too long and too much. Everything was centered around "Come go to school in paradise and oh yeah play college ball too when you get tired of laying on the beach!" narrative for the last few years.

Lets switch it up and try something new. Nothing wrong with selling Miami the city but we have lost WAY too many recruiting battles with kids deciding to live in college towns (Columbus, Gainesville, Baton Rouge) and rural areas (Athens and Tuscaloosa) over living in paradise. Lets try to sell a winning culture again for once!

It's funny how many of us have said the same things for over a decade straight and we're called every name in book.. mopes, haters of program, told to be banned, etc.. but now herbstreit is said to deserve a statue and Cristobal is speaking gospel..

Either way thank gawd someone wit clout made moves because most on board were happy to just tailgate and watch us in mediocrity getting our **** pushed in while singing it's great to be a Miami hurricane..

It is OK to have different emotions at different times.

There is nothing wrong with having some optimism in a new coach (whether that is Coker, Shannon, Golden, Richt, or Manny) based on their initial statements and actions for how to address any shortcomings and how to make improvements.

It is also OK to lower one's expectations when the output is not in line with the promises made.

And if is fine to change one's mind from "I support new Coach X" to "I am fine with UM firing Coach X" when the games are played and the outcomes fall woefully short of both promises and expectations.

We've hired six head coaches in the last 20+ years. Nothing wrong with giving them a little bit of rope along with the million-dollar (or multi-million-dollar) contracts. Hold people accountable based on subsequently produced results and Ws and Ls, and not because of Day 1 Hot Takes and the bizarre desire to be the "first" porster to predict doom and gloom.

I'm not doubting him, but every coach we've hired, people have said the same thing.

The guy just gets it, or some variation of that.

No doubt though that we're seeing change. Positive change for certain.

Before the actions happen, and you can judge outcomes, the only evidence we have early-on is words.

The first step is articulating the vision. Someone can do a good job of articulating, and then fail to execute or deliver the vision.

It is OK to have different emotions at different times.

There is nothing wrong with having some optimism in a new coach (whether that is Coker, Shannon, Golden, Richt, or Manny) based on their initial statements and actions for how to address any shortcomings and how to make improvements.

It is also OK to lower one's expectations when the output is not in line with the promises made.

And if is fine to change one's mind from "I support new Coach X" to "I am fine with UM firing Coach X" when the games are played and the outcomes fall woefully short of both promises and expectations.

We've hired six head coaches in the last 20+ years. Nothing wrong with giving them a little bit of rope along with the million-dollar (or multi-million-dollar) contracts. Hold people accountable based on subsequently produced results and Ws and Ls, and not because of Day 1 Hot Takes and the bizarre desire to be the "first" porster to predict doom and gloom.
Alot of those guys got different degrees of rope from majority of fans.. Its hard to garner long rope from rookie corches and/or corches hired off fired staffs.. You know at that moment the school wasnt serious and was just kicking the can down the road, I wasnt even mad at the corch at that moment because who wouldnt take a guaranteed check to succeed or fail?

Just when the corch does nepotism hires and holds everyone hostage and wont fire them because they value that person more than the schools best interest its like the crazies running the asylum and have admin by balls.. You know how many people STOLE money while miami thought they were being cheap and making smart moves, lol.. Mario basically said around country we were known as A JOKE for yearsssssssssss.. In nice words of course.. Nobody is saying **** about hot takes on day 1 but go to extremes if you want, its dead.. Even Saint Mario said it himself,

Advertisement
Back