Mario quote from new CBS interview

GIF by JuventusFC
GIF by JuventusFC
What part of Italy are you from?

Advertisement
Nobody loved the "Sell what you got/Paradise Camp" ideas more than me but I agree we dragged that WAY too long and too much. Everything was centered around "Come go to school in paradise and oh yeah play college ball too when you get tired of laying on the beach!" narrative for the last few years.

Lets switch it up and try something new. Nothing wrong with selling Miami the city but we have lost WAY too many recruiting battles with kids deciding to live in college towns (Columbus, Gainesville, Baton Rouge) and rural areas (Athens and Tuscaloosa) over living in paradise. Lets try to sell a winning culture again for once!
Agreed. The tricky part about paradise camp was that the big dogs didn't feel like they needed to compete or risk injury. When they came free vaca. Then the 4 stars sometimes came and got exposed by local lower stars and wounded pride was taken out on us. Then you had the lower stars who simply wanted some attention so other schools would offer. Miami offer and or commitment for the last 7 or 8 year was a garuntee from a talent 3 or 4 star to get national recognition and potentially poached. Kids knew it. 5 stars got free vaca and more intense recruitment from the Bamas and Georgia's. **** Shemar ran the same play. Miami no doubt sweetened the deal for him with A&M. I commend Mario for recruiting him hard.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I'm not doubting him, but every coach we've hired, people have said the same thing.

The guy just gets it, or some variation of that.

No doubt though that we're seeing change. Positive change for certain.
Most hires start off with alot of rah rah then 2 to 3 years in most of the fans are slinging poo at them.hopefully with the money they are getting to work with they can this

Advertisement
Ouch.

"You ever been to Augusta?" Radakovich asked, referring to the Georgia-based site of the Masters. "Augusta is surrounded by strip malls and industrial areas. And then you go down Magnolia Lane and there's this oasis of Augusta National. There's a little bit of that here [in Coral Gables].

Seems like Mario is on a publiciity blitz since signing day. Doing every interview he can do.

Advertisement
I was glad to hear verification that the Money was in place to compete with the Top Confederate Conference teams. Winning, Money and High caliber coaches will get us back into the top 6 in team and recruiting rankings. There were a few recruits we lost due to Manny them, not getting Mario until late in the game and not having Coordinators in place. This season, winning more games, packed Rock and full recruiting staff, we'll stack talent.

My favorite quote from Mario in recent days is that he wants to run a power spread offense… similar to the offense that Alabama has transitioned to.

Music to my ears… not back to the outdated “pro style” offense but not all the way to the finesse Air Raid style.

Advertisement
Back