Mario has lost this team. What now?

agreed on the last part. if he goes out and revamps his staff and allows his coordinators to bring their guys, it'll be a good fresh start.

for a guy making 80 mill, I expect a **** of a lot more esp w one of our weakest schedules in 10 years
I don’t disagree with that. No doubt, this season has been a failure. Mario needs to make changes and we need a roster turnover. Giving him three years to show real progress imho.

Advertisement
I don’t disagree with that. No doubt, this season has been a failure. Mario needs to make changes and we need a roster turnover. Giving him three years to show real progress imho.
the shame about this year is that he lost a lot of good will. he has to win a lot next year after this failure (for those that say why does winning 8 matter). the roster will be turned over. it'll be mostly Mario guys next year. if the staff doesn't change (I do think the staff will be let go), but if it doesn't, and the results stay the same. good luck getting anyone to buy tickets in 25 (24 is a loaded schedule and even a good canes team wont finish well).

if we went out and hired a first time HC, I can accept growing pains. this is a vet staff with a vet HC. I saw richt win 9 in year 1 without any of his guys and a QB he didnt even want. I saw him win 10 w a guy who couldn't complete a forward pass. good coaches find a way to get it done.

This season needs to end al ready. The locker room is frustrated , mentally and physically broken and that’s why quitting is so easy for them. This thing needs a huge douching. Players and multiple coaches.
scared shower GIF by ADWEEK

dont be shocked if we have the same issues next year (w the same staff). it'll be mostly Mario kids next fall. what's the excuse then? Marios gotta fire the entire coaching staff in order to salvage this.
I kinda expect similar results next year. I believe staff changes will be made.

Advertisement
Crazy that the whole team regressed when Mario comes in. Is ANYONE playing better? We could sign every 5 star but if it’s steamy garbage when they get here, a lot will just transfer out. Way of the world now
I get the negativity around the program right now but there are guys like LT and Anez Cooper, a true frosh, who continue to work hard and improve. It’s not 100% bad.

Maybe instead of purging the team he should re-recruit the team he has. Why can't he sell his vision and himself to the current kids?

40 guys is a lot of turnover. Nobody is going to convince me that he is turning kids off by simply demanding they work hard.

It'll be just like walking into new team all over again. Then we're gonna have to be patient all over again with a 7 win season next year because it will be progress.

Maybe instead of purging the team he should re-recruit the team he has. Why can't he sell his vision and himself to the current kids?

40 guys is a lot of turnover. Nobody is going to convince me that he is turning kids off by simply demanding they work hard.

It'll be just like walking into new team all over again. Then we're gonna have to be patient all over again with a 7 win season next year because it will be progress.
I hear your concern but have you seen the product on the field? Not many guys who look like they really care. Mario needs to clean those guys out for guys who want to work to be great. That's his vision. Also, Mel Tucker portal'd his way to a 10 win season last year so it is possible. He's paying the price this year as we are seeing but I would be pretty happy with a 10 win season next year if the stars can align for Mario.

I hear your concern but have you seen the product on the field? Not many guys who look like they really care. Mario needs to clean those guys out for guys who want to work to be great. That's his vision. Also, Mel Tucker portal'd his way to a 10 win season last year so it is possible. He's paying the price this year as we are seeing but I would be pretty happy with a 10 win season next year if the stars can align for Mario.
A 10 win season will shut up the harshest critic. I would be all for it!!

Advertisement
What’s the game plan for a freshman qb who has accuracy issues and is light years behind where he needs to be? I sure as **** hope he gets there as he’s a good young man and is a raw talent but that’s unrealistic. Lump in an o-line teetering on being average when it was healthy (which it wasn’t by that point), one potentially game changing WR who just emerged, and no game breakers at rb. What prep or scheme should have been devised for our 3rd option or option 2.5 to be more accurate?

And skill set? Which skill set are you alluding to? What game breaking back could we have leaned on? Which Julio Jones, Andre Johnson or DJ Metcalf should we have called upon to pull a 15 catch game out of his repertoire? Suddenly the guy that got here not even a year ago is supposed to “coach up” our average roster (that’s what it is when you use last year as a reference) which has been decimated by injury to pull a non-existent rabbit out of the hat.

Let me ask this. What percentage of actual “coaching” does Mario do on an individual basis with each position group? The answer is not much. Hence the proper question isn’t Mario’s “coaching” but instead is who he hired on his staff to handle those duties. Same question goes for them. What, after 10 months, is the expectation of each of those coaches as far having their guys ready to play at an elite level? It’s a serious question. What’s the expectation? Is 10 months long enough, with the limited time you have for organized mandatory activities, to reverse 1,2, or 3 years of jv high school coaching your positional group’s been getting? The same groups where the previous staff knew and witnessed the guys who put in the work getting dogged by teammates and just laughed it off instead of holding their asses accountable?
Elite? no. But my expectations are to beat MTSU, and a bad Duke team.... regardless of whose coaching this team. Is that too much to ask for?

Calm down fellers da u iz gone be fine. This iz Crysyalball’s furst try. Give da man a f’n chanse fer reel! It takes time ta bild a teem an teech em a new offence an defence. We’ll be jus fine by 2024 seizon.

D
Wize werds endeed! Member win Nahunta got a new coach and lost to Blackshear to end the seasun? Nex year Coach took us to the Seamp Bowl!
Dam sun “seamp” bowl? Did u jus have a searies of pen strokes? I no u caint spel gud but dam! Cmon Canedawg git yoe sh#t toogither

Swamp Bowl. I mite have had a pen stroke. Woke up inn the pig pen with a jug. Cant remember a thang.
Dang it I’m sorry sun! Shuuda knowed sumthin wuz rong wit u. U da won dat graduated 6th graed. Allwayz throwin yur iducashun in my face butt dat’s ok. Ise jus ahnered ta be in yoe presents mosta da time.

Advertisement
Dang it I’m sorry sun! Shuuda knowed sumthin wuz rong wit u. U da won dat graduated 6th graed. Allwayz throwin yur iducashun in my face butt dat’s ok. Ise jus ahnered ta be in yoe presents mosta da time.
Az fer da swamp bowl, yeh we won da dang thing dat nex yeer wit Corch Bubba an hour nasty ameeba defence. U wuz da d-end an I wuz da rover. Dem wuz da days! We got tale fer munths cuzza dat win.

So let’s keep the 6,7 win acceptability train moving down the tracks? A 7 win season where half the wins were by 1 or 2 points? Not much margin for error there. Literally a play or two a game away from losing against mediocrity or average teams. I’ll take wins any day. But the substance of those wins shows what kind of club you have.

How many times during those wins did we watch opponents running free and the pass was either dropped or thrown at their feet? Or the same opponent having multiple self destructive, inexplicable plays and penalties at horrible times which pushed us past the finish line? It’s simple probability. Sometimes it works in your favor and sometimes it doesn’t. Is there really that much of a difference if this team ends up winning 1 or 2 less games? 2 blowout losses and 3 others against teams that together didn’t average 6 wins last season when you combine their records. What’s different?

The difference coming out of this season is 40-50% of this roster is going to turn over due to eligibility and transfers. Young guys have already gotten regular burn and I fully expect that to continue. It’s sucks but the reality is spring is already upon us.

You and others got something personal against Mario or just don’t like him so be it. He’s the first guy we’ve had in a long time who’s had the testicular fortitude to mark his territory, challenge the status quo, and let guys know there’s no hard feelings but ****’s got to change and you’re going to be a casualty of it.

Last year’s team found ways to win. This year’s team can’t find ways to score and have actually found ways to lose close games or get **** stomped.

We are comparing two piles of **** and making excuses for why the new pile smells way worse than the old pile smelled…when the new pile is sitting a solid gold toilet and the old one was in a porta potty …..

And as for Mario “losing the team”. Mario’s lost a segment of the team. That segment of the team quit on Manny’s *** too until they realized their comfort blanket was going to be gone. The other group hasn’t been lost by Mario. That’s the group that’s going to be here moving forward along with what hopefully is a bad *** class, not just as far as talent goes, but also mentality, and others that arrive via the portal.

PLAYING AT THE UNIVERSITY OF MIAMI IS A BLESSING AND A GIFT. IT OWES YOU NOTHING EXCEPT THE OPPORTUNITY TO STAND UP FOR IT, HAVE THE TIME OF YOUR LIFE, AND RESPECT WHAT IT WILL AFFORD YOU IN THE PRESENT AND THE FUTURE IF YOU TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE OPPORTUNITIES IT PROVIDES.
Preach brotha.........
Drag Race Agree GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race
Shout too...........LOL...........

Advertisement
This season needs to end al ready. The locker room is frustrated , mentally and physically broken and that’s why quitting is so easy for them. This thing needs a huge douching. Players and multiple coaches.
Arctic Monkeys Reply GIF by Domino Recording Co.
Cribby............you got the answer bud......

This is making a ton of assumptions. If you want to say there’s a drop off at wide receiver, I’ll agree to an extent but please stop making two guys who didn’t get drafted into superstars. Those guys had success because of the system they played in. The system wasn’t successful because of them. We lost nobody from the offensive line and the fact that Mario and his midget buddy were supposed to be O line gurus and the line got worse. Running back is an improvement because Parrish is better than Knighton. Pretending the offense was successful last year because they had great talent is just a pathetic excuse for the current bums coaching the offense.
See that’s where you’re making assumptions of your own that I thought last years team was super talented, which is ironic because that helps my point. It wasn’t super talented yet was still better then last year. No one left on O line? Have you seen Zion Nelson this year? Have you seen you seen Jarred Williams? Both tackles are gone, Clark has been out and playing hurt, Dennis. During one game we had 3 O line starters out and a 3rd string center in!! The WR who didn’t get drafted are miles ahead of anything on this roster. Both of them set UM records, they were more then capable which is more then you can say about anything we have now. Parrish is fine but just fine with 0 depth behind him all year and he’s been banged up. We have a guy who came from in from UAB mid season getting carried every game!!! Some of y’all gotta wake up to what is on this roster man. If you think lashlee was putting up the same numbers this year with this roster and same injuries you’re on crack

Mario is a joke and never had the skills or resume to turn the program around. Under the circumstances, he was by far the worst hire we could have realistically made since none of his alleged "skills" are useful here.

All this stuff about culture, etc. is meaningless. He isn't turning this around. He might have one fake good year like Gluten's 2013 season before the wheels fall off, but that's it. There's a real chance he never makes a bowl game here. No analysis needed--just hope that the program is able to stay in P5.

Advertisement
Back