Mario has lost this team. What now?

Last year’s team found ways to win. This year’s team can’t find ways to score and have actually found ways to lose close games or get **** stomped.

We are comparing two piles of **** and making excuses for why the new pile smells way worse than the old pile smelled…when the new pile is sitting a solid gold toilet and the old one was in a porta potty …..
No excuses, I’m as displeased as anyone. It’s really beating a dead horse but you’ve got too many pieces on this team that shut it down and shut it down early. I’ll say again that’s not a guess or theory, it’s fact. That’s already tough sledding which gets insurmountable when coupled with injury and just overall lack of dynamic pieces.

I was having a drink the other day with someone I sit with frequently during games. The discussion centered around the lack of game changing talent on both, but specifically the offensive side of the ball. There’s zero ability on this team right now to cover up the issues mentioned in the first paragraph, above all some of those hold overs who have mailed it in multiple times under this and last staff. Specifically we mentioned how Duke Johnson himself was responsible for saving at least two games a year while he was here. We have no one even close to approaching the ability to influence and save a game, much less two to three a season.

I’ll say it again, I’m as disappointed as anyone. The reality is some guys have been here 2,3, and 4 years and have not progressed in the least and have backed down from the challenges which come from a staff which gives them. Part of that may be missed evals but part is a lack of commitment, testicular fortitude, and pride (furthered along by the jv staff here prior as said a million times).

Advertisement
No excuses, I’m as displeased as anyone. It’s really beating a dead horse but you’ve got too many pieces on this team that shut it down and shut it down early. I’ll say again that’s not a guess or theory, it’s fact. That’s already tough sledding which gets insurmountable when coupled with injury and just overall lack of dynamic pieces.

I was having a drink the other day with someone I sit with frequently during games. The discussion centered around the lack of game changing talent on both, but specifically the offensive side of the ball. There’s zero ability on this team right now to cover up the issues mentioned in the first paragraph, above all some of those hold overs who have mailed it in multiple times under this and last staff. Specifically we mentioned how Duke Johnson himself was responsible for saving at least two games a year while he was here. We have no one even close to approaching the ability to influence and save a game, much less two to three a season.

I’ll say it again, I’m as disappointed as anyone. The reality is some guys have been here 2,3, and 4 years and have not progressed in the least and have backed down from the challenges which come from a staff which gives them. Part of that may be missed evals but part is a lack of commitment, testicular fortitude, and pride (furthered along by the jv staff here prior as said a million times).

Solid. Sad, but solid. To your point, even guys like Dallas Crawford or DeeJay Dallas were able to carry a game from the RB position. Not comparing any of them to Duke talent wise, but they were able to put a team that wanted to play and win on their back at times… Parrish seems to be cut from that type of cloth, but is asking a lot of him at where we are in the season and with the rest of the team and offense.

Simple question. Would you take last year's O over this one or not? I disliked Manny as much, or more, than most. Hiring Lashlee was a good move, and a **** of a lot better than Mario hiring Gattis. There's a reason Lashlee got a HC gig. Will Gattis after this season?
Let me jump in…
That has to be a rhetorical question because just about every offense in the country has performed better than we have.
I’ll answer it anyway. Of course I would.

However, Miami was 88th in the nation at 3.15 yards per rush (vs p5) in ‘21 and 80th in the nation in sacks allowed.
I don’t want to think about what those numbers would be with Lash and the Oline we’ve been putting out there the last few games.

Now give me Lashlee with a developed Mario Oline and we have something here 👍
Oregon has given up 1 sack for -1 yard this year.

Solid. Sad, but solid. To your point, even guys like Dallas Crawford or DeeJay Dallas were able to carry a game from the RB position. Not comparing any of them to Duke talent wise, but they were able to put a team that wanted to play and win on their back at times… Parrish seems to be cut from that type of cloth, but is asking a lot of him at where we are in the season and with the rest of the team and offense.
Agree. Parrish is a dog. Unfortunately he’s just limited and we see what happens when he’s wore down into the ground.

Advertisement
When there is no good answer, it’s a bad spot to be in. In CFB you largely get judged on your results in November. Amazing how badly this has gone. If he insists on running his system with no real changes, it’s not likely to ever be good and we’ll be hiring a new coach in 3 years. We need to see visible signs of change, not what he says, what he does.
This, I will judge Mario on the changes he makes in the off-season. Not to say he gets a pass for this abortion of a season, but if he shows he’s learned and brings in a real spread system that breaks from his nature I’ll have some hope. Another OC like Gattis and it’s a wrap. Yeah we might be better with talent acquisition but never elite. We need elite play callers that can tell Mario to back off let them work and have Mario just keep filling the roster with monsters.

Y’all can blame Mario for losing the team but what does it say about the roster, when they at least should be trying in order to put film out for the portal or pro aspirations?

Team sucks, players are beta b!tches. Excited for the roster turnover and to get guys that are actually football players, not ****y front runners that had it easy under Manny. Mario comes in and wont put up with their ****, and their response is to quit.

Y’all know its true, but whether you want to believe it or not is up to you.

Let me jump in…
That has to be a rhetorical question because just about every offense in the country has performed better than we have.
I’ll answer it anyway. Of course I would.

However, Miami was 88th in the nation at 3.15 yards per rush (vs p5) in ‘21 and 80th in the nation in sacks allowed.
I don’t want to think about what those numbers would be with Lash and the Oline we’ve been putting out there the last few games.

Now give me Lashlee with a developed Mario Oline and we have something here 👍
Oregon has given up 1 sack for -1 yard this year.
The injuries have decimated this offense but at the same time the play caller has done nothing to help the offense. I believe Mario will increase the talent level considerably but we also need an oc that knows how to scheme guys open. We have the most boring offensive scheme in the country.

I agree but the players who miss tackles drop passes fumble and commit bone head penalties sure could have made this staff look a lot better than the harsh criticism they are taking. Without that fortitude and skill set and desire that Bryce young has Alabama is a 4 loss team right now.

Advertisement
if he had lost the team, today wouldn't have happened

of course staffing needs to be addressed as well as roster. but they played hard today and they haven't given up on him

see y’all next year
Bye Bye Goodbye GIF

I agree but the players who miss tackles drop passes fumble and commit bone head penalties sure could have made this staff look a lot better than the harsh criticism they are taking. Without that fortitude and skill set and desire that Bryce young has Alabama is a 4 loss team right now.
Amazing what leadership at a player level will do. There’s room for it on this squad. Let’s see what develops.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back