Mario has lost this team. What now?

Advertisement
A very small number of players tagged their coach in a tweet and that's what you're basing it on? Ok, sure.

Also, you understand the substitute teacher part was an analogy, right? The lack of discipline and player development under his regime further proves the point.
It was also in the Miami Herald. I just can't find it.

In any event that's why I said what evidence do you have that he "ACTS" like a substitute teacher. Substitue teachers have a specific behavior right? How do you know he exhibited that or a similar behavior is what I'm asking you. Did one of the kids tell you this?

I know for a fact he did. I don’t post lies and I gain nothing from
saying that.
So you're saying that Manny Diaz asked TVD and Mallory to speak up for him in the media?

You know what Cribby? If you say thats true, I've been given no reason to doubt you.

So you're saying that Manny Diaz asked TVD and Mallory to speak up for him in the media?

You know what Cribby? If you say thats true, I've been given no reason to doubt you.
Those are not the players I was told. The ones I was told didn’t tweet anything. They didn’t like or respect the staff. Btw it wasn’t just Manny asking. Ironically the players that hated Manny the worst was on the defense lol.

Advertisement
Those are not the players I was told. The ones I was told didn’t tweet anything. They didn’t like or respect the staff. Btw it wasn’t just Manny asking. Ironically the players that hated Manny the worst was on the defense lol.
I was pointing out that having a friendly disposition doesn't necessarily hinder leadership as long as you can still command respect. But if the kids lost respect then....so much for that.

In any event that's why I said what evidence do you have that he "ACTS" like a substitute teacher. Substitue teachers have a specific behavior right? How do you know he exhibited that or a similar behavior is what I'm asking you. Did one of the kids tell you this?
Go back and reread what I typed. You will see that I did not use the word "act."

This season needs to end al ready. The locker room is frustrated , mentally and physically broken and that’s why quitting is so easy for them. This thing needs a huge douching. Players and multiple coaches.

I can imagine a player like Tyrique being frustrated after transferring from UGa and watching them on their way to back to back national championships while his nfl draft stock is most likely worse than where it would’ve been if he stayed at UGa.

Advertisement

I wouldn't be using anything posted in the Herald as a source.... Especially if it's Barry Jackson. Dude is used by everyone in Hecht...

we got blown out by middle tennesee, duke, and FSU at home. there nothing personal against Mario. I supported him. hes been trash THIS season. he has been elite on the trail. stop making it that people annoyed that we got blown out by trash can teams as we hate him bc he personally offends us lol. no bro we just ask for competent coaching and staff.
Perfect explanation…I don’t understand why this has to be explained.

I wouldn't be using anything posted in the Herald as a source.... Especially if it's Barry Jackson. Dude is used by everyone in Hecht...
Ok well forget the Herald. Those tweets were done in late November when the season was pretty much done, the fanbase was riled up and the Mario rumors were swirling. This was a tough time for the team but the kids(at least some) still rallied around their coach.

You heard any of the current kids say anything positive about any of the new coaches?

lol DS hasn't been here in 5 plus years. Mario lost the team bc he failed them in terms of coaching. he didnt adjust his schemes to their skill set. he force fed his archaic bull**** until it was too late. they didnt come out prepared w a game plan for jacurri in the FSU game when they admitted that Tyler wasn't cleared until the Friday before the game. even the biggest homers can't excuse this failure of a season. again, you'll see if nothing changes staff wise.
Respect your opinion I just don’t see the skill set everyone keeps talking about. I think when manny left most just said *** this sh$t. If the execution of catching the ball protecting the ball tackling and blocking was there I would totally agree with you. It’s not like these guys decided to join the team. Their so called “skill set “ started in pop Warner. I guess Mario has to teach them how to dress and put the pads on too. I don’t think their skill set is weak when it comes to cashing those NIL checks

Advertisement
But at least Mario understands the culture and is a Miami guy right? Who cares if he goes 0-12…he knows the culture guys! It can only take a Miami guy to fix this lmaooo dumbass fans and even mauds who clamored hard for Mario.

Respect your opinion I just don’t see the skill set everyone keeps talking about. I think when manny left most just said *** this sh$t. If the execution of catching the ball protecting the ball tackling and blocking was there I would totally agree with you. It’s not like these guys decided to join the team. Their so called “skill set “ started in pop Warner. I guess Mario has to teach them how to dress and put the pads on too. I don’t think their skill set is weak when it comes to cashing those NIL checks
dont be shocked if we have the same issues next year (w the same staff). it'll be mostly Mario kids next fall. what's the excuse then? Marios gotta fire the entire coaching staff in order to salvage this.

You lose the players when you run trash ahs schemes they don’t want to play in 😂. Then when **** ain’t working you try to tell them keep at it and tell the media they suck and don’t execute! Every time I hear the offensive coaches and Mario talk I hear “we don’t execute” over and over but they never take blame for anything else like no adjustments and game management and poor play calling and spacing and tempo. At least I hear the DC take blame but everyone else blames the players. That’s how you lose your team smh

This post should be pinned. Could end the thread right.

Add this to the coordinators not seeing eye to eye with position coaches, and the players’ own immaturity and you get a toxic mess.

Advertisement
Is it that Mario lost the team or the team can't stand Gattis and it has spread to the defensive side of the ball?

I literally have no problem with burning this roster down to a few and starting over with a new culture. Obviously, we need to replace Gattis, but I don't like the heart and passion I see from the players. Too easy to quit. Clean house of this toxicity except for the worthy ones. I would rather lose with a team giving it all than a bunch of quitters who back down after they get hit in the mouth.

This is what I believe is going on.

Offense hates Gattis and defense is losing focus.

All the rah rah speeches in the world can’t turn it around. Mario just has to suck it up and fix the staff. He needs to purge all toxicity in coaches and players. It’s one thing not to play well under poor circumstances. It’s another to be a cancer.

He should interview every player and get a feel for them. Listen to what they have to say and analyze their individual attitude and outlook. It worked for Brian Kelly. After that, start sending the worst guys packing.

These players went 7-5 last year. With Miami having better WRS in Harley and Rambo and in a spread offense. 7-5. These are not his players. They tuned him out because they want their gummie breaks back.

No one has said Mario is perfect or is beyond reproach. He made serious mistakes in his hires. But to think he wont turn this around with all the NIL support Miami has is crazy imo. Literally from FIU to Oregon he has succeeded. Why would it be different here? Is he going to stick with Gattis for 4 years? Because I am willing to bet he will get way better players , even portal studs plus this nasty recruiting class. He will fix for sure tweak the coaching staff. I'm not predicting 15-0.

But This should be our worst season and see improvement every year from here on out. That's not being koolaid fan boy. I think it's realistic considering his track record, especially at a dump like Oregon that is lucky to have 1 top 100 player each year.

The mistake you are making is putting too much emphasis on wins and losses in comparing 2021 to 2022.

You can play well and lose or play poorly and win. Bad bounces can turn a game either way.

Talent is not the reason we haven’t scored a single touchdown in TWO GAMES and have looked awful all season.

The problem is the WAY we are losing and it exposes SERIOUS problems with the staff.

lol there's nothing moping about stating the facts from this season. some can see when an offense sucks early on. guess what, we were right. go on and defend a 4 win season
Not defending a 4-win season? Also, we’ve heard all the “we shouldn’t have lost to [insert team]” about a million times now. We all know it, doesn’t need to be repeated.

There’s two ways this all ends. Either Mario turns this thing around or he’s our version of Scott Frost.

Not defending a 4-win season? Also, we’ve heard all the “we shouldn’t have lost to [insert team]” about a million times now. We all know it, doesn’t need to be repeated.

There’s two ways this all ends. Either Mario turns this thing around or he’s our version of Scott Frost.

agreed on the last part. if he goes out and revamps his staff and allows his coordinators to bring their guys, it'll be a good fresh start.

for a guy making 80 mill, I expect a **** of a lot more esp w one of our weakest schedules in 10 years

Advertisement
Back