Mario has lost this team. What now?

Simple question. Would you take last year's O over this one or not? I disliked Manny as much, or more, than most. Hiring Lashlee was a good move, and a **** of a lot better than Mario hiring Gattis. There's a reason Lashlee got a HC gig. Will Gattis after this season?

Loaded question. I would take last year's offense only if the most important thing to me is going 9-3 in 2022. If I care about doing better than that in the future, I would rather struggle while implementing the thing that's going to work in the long run.

Advertisement
What’s happening at the U right now needed to be done after the Shannon years. It’s happening now because of Shalala and her quest to pummel the team to the dark ages after the FIU fight and national embarrassment. our new president obviously is open to what once was. In Miami there’s no difference in 5-7 or 7-5. The destruction and restructuring the program under the rule of shaLayla is going to take a complete demolition to overcome. If she was still at the U this resurrection would not be happening. She made the program insignificant because she wanted it that way. Of course Mario lost the team. Their little comfort zone vacationesque Miami experience is over.

It's only a failure if nothing good comes from it. If this season leads to a roster purge, staff adjustments, and a place where elite recruits want to come, then I will take my lumps.
I agree with what you're saying.

I am nitpicking on the refusal to say it's a failure, though. It is most definitely a failure, even if it leads to success later on. Failure creates opportunities. It's up to the people to capitalize on those opportunities and learn from those failures.

The question is will this team capitalize on it? I'm sure they will; the question will be, to what extent?

I agree with what you're saying.

I am nitpicking on the refusal to say it's a failure, though. It is most definitely a failure, even if it leads to success later on. Failure creates opportunities. It's up to the people to capitalize on those opportunities and learn from those failures.

The question is will this team capitalize on it? I'm sure they will; the question will be, to what extent?

I think we're saying the same thing, just arguing it semantically. It's like an inspirational poster that says you only fail if you don't get back up.

Advertisement
they got pay raises to leave their situation lol. I dont feel bad as theyre not volunteering to be here. there is enough talent on the roster to go better than 4-8 against the worst p5 conference in football in the easiest division
I don’t feel bad either. For conversation sake, what talent are you referring to? The same talent that wobbled between a play or two a game of being 7-5 or 4-8 for many years? Spare any arguments either that games are decided by a few plays a game. That’s not the case sans a game or two a year for elite programs.

The talent I see is a sub-par offensive line which is missing one of if not it’s best piece. The same line which is now down multiple starting pieces and wasn’t deep or elite to begin with. A receiving corps devoid of game breaking ability or consistency as far as catching the ball. A QB room which was one hit away from a massive drop off. A massively overrated RB room in which your two most talented backs were lost before the season got started. One of those being a guy who has not been able to stay healthy and is known to be less than committed as far as work and rehab go. And that’s just the offensive side of the ball.

Minus the d-line there’s no group on this team anyone should feel comfortable about when rotations are made. We’re busy having and deciding to turn high school db’s into lb out of necessity. I’m curious as to what we were supposed to see this roster as?

Add to the above the attitude, lack of work ethic, and selfishness of some, not all, but a large enough number of the hold overs and we are looking at exactly what we should be. Throw into the mix the clown show which was here before and you get what you see.

I don’t feel bad either. For conversation sake, what talent are you referring to? The same talent that wobbled between a play or two a game of being 7-5 or 4-8 for many years? Spare any arguments either that games are decided by a few plays a game. That’s not the case sans a game or two a year for elite programs.

The talent I see is a sub-par offensive line which is missing one of if not it’s best piece. The same line which is now down multiple starting pieces and wasn’t deep or elite to begin with. A receiving corps devoid of game breaking ability or consistency as far as catching the ball. A QB room which was one hit away from a massive drop off. A massively overrated RB room in which your two most talented backs were lost before the season got started. One of those being a guy who has not been able to stay healthy and is known to be less than committed as far as work and rehab go. And that’s just the offensive side of the ball.

Minus the d-line there’s no group on this team anyone should feel comfortable about when rotations are made. We’re busy having and deciding to turn high school db’s into lb out of necessity. I’m curious as to what we were supposed to see this roster as?

Add to the above the attitude, lack of work ethic, and selfishness of some, not all, but a large enough number of the hold overs and we are looking at exactly what we should be. Throw into the mix the clown show which was here before and you get what you see.
they won 7 games w Bama and MSU on the schedule. this schedule was far easier and in the wobbles that went our way, this team got blown out w a change in staff. stop w this **** guys. it is an absolute failure of a coaching job this season. no one can excuse a 4-8 finish w 5 home losses with 4 of them ending in blowouts most likely. **** out of here w the captain save a Mario mentality going on around here. again, that was a 7 win team. idc if they escaped with 7 wins, they won those games. they were competitive in every game but 1 (Bama). they returned most of that roster this year. the 01 team escaped in 2 games. should they be said oh it was a 12 win team that could have lost 2 games and never won a title?

the work ethic? guess they didnt lack that when they won 5/6 after king went out w the injury and had to win games for a fired coach.

again to each their own, but if this staff returns in tact, dont be shocked you see another 5/6 win season

What’s happening at the U right now needed to be done after the Shannon years. It’s happening now because of Shalala and her quest to pummel the team to the dark ages after the FIU fight and national embarrassment. our new president obviously is open to what once was. In Miami there’s no difference in 5-7 or 7-5. The destruction and restructuring the program under the rule of shaLayla is going to take a complete demolition to overcome. If she was still at the U this resurrection would not be happening. She made the program insignificant because she wanted it that way. Of course Mario lost the team. Their little comfort zone vacationesque Miami experience is over.
lol DS hasn't been here in 5 plus years. Mario lost the team bc he failed them in terms of coaching. he didnt adjust his schemes to their skill set. he force fed his archaic bull**** until it was too late. they didnt come out prepared w a game plan for jacurri in the FSU game when they admitted that Tyler wasn't cleared until the Friday before the game. even the biggest homers can't excuse this failure of a season. again, you'll see if nothing changes staff wise.

So let’s keep the 6,7 win acceptability train moving down the tracks? A 7 win season where half the wins were by 1 or 2 points? Not much margin for error there. Literally a play or two a game away from losing against mediocrity or average teams. I’ll take wins any day. But the substance of those wins shows what kind of club you have.

How many times during those wins did we watch opponents running free and the pass was either dropped or thrown at their feet? Or the same opponent having multiple self destructive, inexplicable plays and penalties at horrible times which pushed us past the finish line? It’s simple probability. Sometimes it works in your favor and sometimes it doesn’t. Is there really that much of a difference if this team ends up winning 1 or 2 less games? 2 blowout losses and 3 others against teams that together didn’t average 6 wins last season when you combine their records. What’s different?

The difference coming out of this season is 40-50% of this roster is going to turn over due to eligibility and transfers. Young guys have already gotten regular burn and I fully expect that to continue. It’s sucks but the reality is spring is already upon us.

You and others got something personal against Mario or just don’t like him so be it. He’s the first guy we’ve had in a long time who’s had the testicular fortitude to mark his territory, challenge the status quo, and let guys know there’s no hard feelings but ****’s got to change and you’re going to be a casualty of it.

Advertisement
This team has given up on Mario. So at this point we may loose all or most of the rest of the games. So what now? I am curious what everyone thinks. Do we stay with the current status? Does Mario keep the guys he hired before the OC/DC...and what about the OC/DC? I think there is a revamp that is required. Maybe I am wrong, but this is not working.
Nope you are spot on.

Loaded question. I would take last year's offense only if the most important thing to me is going 9-3 in 2022. If I care about doing better than that in the future, I would rather struggle while implementing the thing that's going to work in the long run.
Do you think THIS O is the future?

lol DS hasn't been here in 5 plus years. Mario lost the team bc he failed them in terms of coaching. he didnt adjust his schemes to their skill set. he force fed his archaic bull**** until it was too late. they didnt come out prepared w a game plan for jacurri in the FSU game when they admitted that Tyler wasn't cleared until the Friday before the game. even the biggest homers can't excuse this failure of a season. again, you'll see if nothing changes staff wise.
What’s the game plan for a freshman qb who has accuracy issues and is light years behind where he needs to be? I sure as **** hope he gets there as he’s a good young man and is a raw talent but that’s unrealistic. Lump in an o-line teetering on being average when it was healthy (which it wasn’t by that point), one potentially game changing WR who just emerged, and no game breakers at rb. What prep or scheme should have been devised for our 3rd option or option 2.5 to be more accurate?

And skill set? Which skill set are you alluding to? What game breaking back could we have leaned on? Which Julio Jones, Andre Johnson or DJ Metcalf should we have called upon to pull a 15 catch game out of his repertoire? Suddenly the guy that got here not even a year ago is supposed to “coach up” our average roster (that’s what it is when you use last year as a reference) which has been decimated by injury to pull a non-existent rabbit out of the hat.

Let me ask this. What percentage of actual “coaching” does Mario do on an individual basis with each position group? The answer is not much. Hence the proper question isn’t Mario’s “coaching” but instead is who he hired on his staff to handle those duties. Same question goes for them. What, after 10 months, is the expectation of each of those coaches as far having their guys ready to play at an elite level? It’s a serious question. What’s the expectation? Is 10 months long enough, with the limited time you have for organized mandatory activities, to reverse 1,2, or 3 years of jv high school coaching your positional group’s been getting? The same groups where the previous staff knew and witnessed the guys who put in the work getting dogged by teammates and just laughed it off instead of holding their asses accountable?

What’s the game plan for a freshman qb who has accuracy issues and is light years behind where he needs to be? I sure as **** hope he gets there as he’s a good young man and is a raw talent but that’s unrealistic. Lump in an o-line teetering on being average when it was healthy (which it wasn’t by that point), one potentially game changing WR who just emerged, and no game breakers at rb. What prep or scheme should have been devised for our 3rd option or option 2.5 to be more accurate?

And skill set? Which skill set are you alluding to? What game breaking back could we have leaned on? Which Julio Jones, Andre Johnson or DJ Metcalf should we have called upon to pull a 15 catch game out of his repertoire? Suddenly the guy that got here not even a year ago is supposed to “coach up” our average roster (that’s what it is when you use last year as a reference) which has been decimated by injury to pull a non-existent rabbit out of the hat.

Let me ask this. What percentage of actual “coaching” does Mario do on an individual basis with each position group? The answer is not much. Hence the proper question isn’t Mario’s “coaching” but instead is who he hired on his staff to handle those duties. Same question goes for them. What, after 10 months, is the expectation of each of those coaches as far having their guys ready to play at an elite level? It’s a serious question. What’s the expectation? Is 10 months long enough, with the limited time you have for organized mandatory activities, to reverse 1,2, or 3 years of jv high school coaching your positional group’s been getting? The same groups where the previous staff knew and witnessed the guys who put in the work getting dogged by teammates and just laughed it off instead of holding their asses accountable?
we ran like three plays with him. thats poor game planning. when gattis gets fired, go follow him there bro. trust me he needs fans bc hes a trash can and has always been one as an OC.

NOT A ISNGLE PERSON IS ASKING THEM TO PLAY AT AN ELITE LEVEL. literally were just asking for average to below average. we have abysmal play lol. never mind just ignore me please

Advertisement
So let’s keep the 6,7 win acceptability train moving down the tracks? A 7 win season where half the wins were by 1 or 2 points? Not much margin for error there. Literally a play or two a game away from losing against mediocrity or average teams. I’ll take wins any day. But the substance of those wins shows what kind of club you have.

How many times during those wins did we watch opponents running free and the pass was either dropped or thrown at their feet? Or the same opponent having multiple self destructive, inexplicable plays and penalties at horrible times which pushed us past the finish line? It’s simple probability. Sometimes it works in your favor and sometimes it doesn’t. Is there really that much of a difference if this team ends up winning 1 or 2 less games? 2 blowout losses and 3 others against teams that together didn’t average 6 wins last season when you combine their records. What’s different?

The difference coming out of this season is 40-50% of this roster is going to turn over due to eligibility and transfers. Young guys have already gotten regular burn and I fully expect that to continue. It’s sucks but the reality is spring is already upon us.

You and others got something personal against Mario or just don’t like him so be it. He’s the first guy we’ve had in a long time who’s had the testicular fortitude to mark his territory, challenge the status quo, and let guys know there’s no hard feelings but ****’s got to change and you’re going to be a casualty of it.
we got blown out by middle tennesee, duke, and FSU at home. there nothing personal against Mario. I supported him. hes been trash THIS season. he has been elite on the trail. stop making it that people annoyed that we got blown out by trash can teams as we hate him bc he personally offends us lol. no bro we just ask for competent coaching and staff.

Of course, they respected him! They even danced for him on the sidelines during multiple losses and when we were down by double-digit margins!

Kidding aside, Manny wasn't respected. He enabled these players, and they got used to not caring about losing and putting clout chasing first. No doubt these same players, who Mario will not enable, gave up on him. There's gonna be at least 40 new players on this team come fall. Mario has made coaching mistakes, but we have to give him some time to turn this around.

Also, for the mopes, the obligatory statements that have been said all year:

-It was unacceptable to lose to MTSU.
-It was unacceptable to lose to Duke.
-It was unacceptable to get killed by FSU.
-Gattis sucks.
-But Lashlee!
lol there's nothing moping about stating the facts from this season. some can see when an offense sucks early on. guess what, we were right. go on and defend a 4 win season

And as for Mario “losing the team”. Mario’s lost a segment of the team. That segment of the team quit on Manny’s *** too until they realized their comfort blanket was going to be gone. The other group hasn’t been lost by Mario. That’s the group that’s going to be here moving forward along with what hopefully is a bad *** class, not just as far as talent goes, but also mentality, and others that arrive via the portal.

PLAYING AT THE UNIVERSITY OF MIAMI IS A BLESSING AND A GIFT. IT OWES YOU NOTHING EXCEPT THE OPPORTUNITY TO STAND UP FOR IT, HAVE THE TIME OF YOUR LIFE, AND RESPECT WHAT IT WILL AFFORD YOU IN THE PRESENT AND THE FUTURE IF YOU TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE OPPORTUNITIES IT PROVIDES.

Advertisement
Wait a second. If Mario has lost this team, does that mean there is a chance he will find a new one?

You lose the players when you run trash ahs schemes they don’t want to play in 😂. Then when **** ain’t working you try to tell them keep at it and tell the media they suck and don’t execute! Every time I hear the offensive coaches and Mario talk I hear “we don’t execute” over and over but they never take blame for anything else like no adjustments and game management and poor play calling and spacing and tempo. At least I hear the DC take blame but everyone else blames the players. That’s how you lose your team smh
This right here!!!

This remains to be seen.

Gattis has to go. Hopefully will.

Mario is not going to hire an 'Air Raid OC' but certainly has options to fill his wish for being a physical team while incorporating better spread concepts.

Advertisement
Back