Mario has lost this team. What now?

Totally your choice...but what can't be denied is that Mario gave these kids a chance and they screwed him over bad.
huh? hes the one that changed the offense after lying to the media about doing what tvd does well. he put kids in poor positions to succeed. in return, the players tuned him out. its a failure by both. coaches screwed over the same kids that screwed over Mario. he has to do a better job as a coach. hes been awful. he has produced the worst season we've had. this has been fireable season if he didnt just sign a 10 year deal. he picked the poor assistants that dont seem to work well together nor coach well. his job now is to fire them all and find new assistants that fit. also less micromanaging of the staff. let the OC and DC pick his guys. Mario gets zero input now. just be a recruiter thats it

Advertisement
The same team composed of players who quit on Manny as well. That is until they saw the writing on the wall he was getting the boot and realized the level of comfort they were going to lose. It’s not just about Saturdays. It’s about everything leading up to Saturday.

How quickly we forget about losing to UNC (x3), UF in an opener, GT, FIU, Duke, a horrible FSU squad, La Tech, and UVA. There’s other very winnable or at least competitive games which can be thrown in there as well that just weren’t. Yet we had a college football playoff in the works due to the lovely foundation put forth by Manny. Remember, “the talent” and work was there. We just needed a better game day staff to save us. Malarkey.

Elements of this team have quit on Mario just like they did on Manny. There’s a difference though. These guys quit on Manny because he ran a cupcake program and they had little to no level of respect that’s required between a player and coach. Above all they had little respect for each other which is more toxic in my opinion. Some guys have quit on Mario because their little peckers got pushed in and they turtled up. It’s been a tough transition going from the guy in high school, to fluffed with the last staff, to having someone challenge you. Mario’s ****ed on these guy’s legs like they were his ficus tree needing a mark and they’ve cowered. Sure, those are really the guys that would lead this program back to relevance.

What we’ve seen is 100% a team divided. Believe it or not it’s really not that uncommon. I’ve said over and over just how bad this situation was and many in here dismissed it. Like it or not there’s an element, and it’s not just composed of “Mario’s guys”, who have nothing for the guys who won’t be here next year. It’s been present since camp and nothing has changed with it.

And last but not least. Who says there’s not going to be a change in scheme and staff? This isn’t directed specifically to you but to others. What “inside” information do some of you have that the status quo is being kept for next year? Above all hang in there. I get the frustration.
Barack Obama Applause GIF by Obama

The bottom line is there’s culpability from top to bottom. Yes, the buck stops with the staff. It’s the same staff though, in particular Mario, who left ideal or close to ideal situations to get this thing working again. I’m not saying they deserve applause or an excuse, but it should be noted and taken into account.

The extreme of blaming one or the other solely is foolish. However, the same players, with the same habits, with the same attitudes, and the same lack of mental toughness are still here. Mario stated subtly this team was nowhere close early on and that’s not solely based on talent. There’s not one guy, regardless of his standing in this team, that doesn’t know where he stands. The key now is getting as many EE’s as we can and supplementing with the portal.

Last edited:
I don’t disagree with your overall post. But I completely disagree with the part in bold. If there’s one thing we should all know by now it’s that Spring at Greentree doesn’t tell anyone anything.
I agree and that's why I mentioned it kinda tongue and cheek. Everything else is WAY MORE important.

Advertisement
The kids liked Manny for sure.

Manny had to literally tell his kids to shut up and stand down because they fought for him when **** got ugly on their own. If your players don't have your back, you're not doing anything.

Leaders do not have to be aloof, buzz cut, drill sargeants. Leaders can be friendly, open and even funny and still be effective as long as respect isn't compromised.

The kids liked Manny for sure.

Manny had to literally tell his kids to shut up and stand down because they fought for him when **** got ugly on their own.
If your players don't have your back, you're not doing anything.

Leaders do not have to be aloof, buzz cut, drill sargeants. Leaders can be friendly, open and even funny and still be effective as long as respect isn't compromised.
What evidence do you have to support this? They may have "liked" him but it sure as **** didn't seem like they respected him.

I didn't see them as having his back. And they liked him like every kid likes a "cool" substitute teacher that lets you watch movies and do what you want within reason.

We just have to shut up & let Mario work bro.

Do not question him, do not say anything negative about what’s happening or the Coaching staff. It’s the players fault & this stupid fan base needs to shut their **** mouths & let Master Mario work his magic.

Expect for 70 transfers in the offseason & we’re going 15-0 next year...

But if we don’t, it’s because we have a team full of Frosh & Transfers & the team needs more time to gel.

Everybody just needs to shut up sit quietly & smile, it doesn’t matter how many games we lose, as long as we have Mario that’s all that matters.

I know you’re being funny Fam, but it stops being funny when you realize a big part of the fan base subconsciously thinks just like this. No objectivity anywhere. People just recycling the same excuses to make things feel better thank acknowledging the facts.

Could Mario pan out? Sure. Could he flop? Also yeah. Do we know which it will be? No. But either way it goes this year is still a massive failure and we don’t have to sugarcoat it.

Advertisement
I know you’re being funny Fam, but it stops being funny when you realize a big part of the fan base subconsciously thinks just like this. No objectivity anywhere. People just recycling the same excuses to make things feel better thank acknowledging the facts.

Could Mario pan out? Sure. Could he flop? Also yeah. Do we know which it will be? No. But either way it goes this year is still a massive failure and we don’t have to sugarcoat it.

How is this season a massive failure when it was going to be a failure anyway??

It's only a failure if nothing good comes from it. If this season leads to a roster purge, staff adjustments, and a place where elite recruits want to come, then I will take my lumps.

I’m on the side of everybody shutting tf up and let Mario rebuild this program. This isn’t Manny Diaz a CoRch with no track record of success or being qualified to be a HC on any level. The team is filled with highly respected quality coaches compared to the Patke’s of the world with real money and investment being poured into this program. It takes time to develop and recruit at a level that this program hasn’t been at since Butch… Mario will iron out issues that need to be addressed such as the Offensive Coordinator. It ain’t that deep… we are trash as expected so the crying is hilarious, it’s not the end of the world. Relax.

What evidence do you have to support this? They may have "liked" him but it sure as **** didn't seem like they respected him.

I didn't see them as having his back. And they liked him like every kid likes a "cool" substitute teacher that lets you watch movies and do what you want within reason.
What evidence do you have that he behaved like a substitute teacher showing movies during class?

My evidence is that TVD and another player both spoke publically about supporting Diaz in the press when this board ignited a war against him. TVD did it and then never again. I guarantee its because Manny told him to stop. That this was his fight.

Advertisement
The bottom line is there’s culpability from top to bottom. Yes, the buck stops with the staff. It’s the same staff though, in particular Mario, who left ideal or close to ideal situations to get this thing working again. I’m not saying they deserve applause or an excuse, but it should be noted and taken into account.

The extreme of blaming one or the other solely is foolish. However, the same players, with the same habits, with the same attitudes, and the same lack of mental toughness are still here. Mario stated subtly this team was nowhere close early on and that’s not solely based on talent. There’s not one guy, regardless of his standing in this team, that doesn’t know where he stands. The key now is getting as many EE’s as we can and supplementing with the portal.
they got pay raises to leave their situation lol. I dont feel bad as theyre not volunteering to be here. there is enough talent on the roster to go better than 4-8 against the worst p5 conference in football in the easiest division

Of course, they respected him! They even danced for him on the sidelines during multiple losses and when we were down by double-digit margins!

Kidding aside, Manny wasn't respected. He enabled these players, and they got used to not caring about losing and putting clout chasing first. No doubt these same players, who Mario will not enable, gave up on him. There's gonna be at least 40 new players on this team come fall. Mario has made coaching mistakes, but we have to give him some time to turn this around.

Also, for the mopes, the obligatory statements that have been said all year:

-It was unacceptable to lose to MTSU.
-It was unacceptable to lose to Duke.
-It was unacceptable to get killed by FSU.
-Gattis sucks.
-But Lashlee!

What evidence do you have that he behaved like a substitute teacher showing movies during class?

My evidence is that TVD and another player both spoke publically about supporting Diaz in the press when this board ignited a war against him. TVD did it and then never again. I guarantee its because Manny told him to stop. That this was his fight.

I know Manny asked multiple kids to do that since he knew his *** was grass

Advertisement

A very small number of players tagged their coach in a tweet and that's what you're basing it on? Ok, sure.

Also, you understand the substitute teacher part was an analogy, right? The lack of discipline and player development under his regime further proves the point.

Well, it worked for Manny for a couple years. The O improved when he brought in a guy that at least had some idea of how to score points, not just eat clock. Wasn't perfect, but he worked with what he had.

In my humble opinion you should always work with what you have until you have the talent to do what it is you really want. You always have to do what you can with what you have, or you run the risk of never getting the parts you need to do what you want. Why? Because players see you failing to get the most out of the talent you currently have and promises on the recruiting trail hold less water than results on the field.

What worked with Manny?

Lashlee's one-dimensional, finesse offense was good enough for 7-5 last year and anytime Miami played a physical team, it got its *** handed to them; Clemson (42-17), North Carolina (62-26), Alabama (44-13) and Michigan State (38-17) over two years.

One-dimension TVD played out of his mind a few games last year, aided by Rambo and Harley after a 2-4 start and three games won by a total of eight points. 7-5 could've EASILY have been 4-8.

Nothing worked with Manny. Stop it. Clown, beta coach who wanted to be liked and accepted—playing kids who faked injuries to skip practice and others who missed curfew, because he was afraid they'd bolt for the portal—so he let the inmates run the asylum, and now the inmates don't want to response to a hard-*** alpha coach who pushes them hard and expects more.

Mario tried to work with what he had while also installing his own philosophy for what he wants. You can't bring in the 2023 recruiting class with half your foot in the old way of doing things and half in the new.

This roster was exposed as the frauds they are, so time to burn this thing down and go get kids that buy into the coaching philosophy, the work ethic and the process to build a true contender; not some flashy, cute little offense that puts up 40+ against inferior foes, but goes into a meat grinder and scores 13 points when it plays any physical team.

View attachment 214316

After this ****, I sure hope so. Dude is soft as baby bleep. he can take Stevenson with him after jawing away at and FSU player down by 35 after making some weak play.

MeShawn's mommy running to social media after her son cried to her that the coaches are big bunch of meanies .... if I lived in South Florida, I'd literally volunteer to drive over to Smith's apartment to help him start the packing process. Adios. San Diego kid who was a Leach recruit at Washington State before defecting to Miami after Leach bailed on the Cougs, this kid is Pac-12 soft and can take his talents back out west.

What worked with Manny?

Lashlee's one-dimensional, finesse offense was good enough for 7-5 last year and anytime Miami played a physical team, it got its *** handed to them; Clemson (42-17), North Carolina (62-26), Alabama (44-13) and Michigan State (38-17) over two years.

One-dimension TVD played out of his mind a few games last year, aided by Rambo and Harley after a 2-4 start and three games won by a total of eight points. 7-5 could've EASILY have been 4-8.

Nothing worked with Manny. Stop it. Clown, beta coach who wanted to be liked and accepted—playing kids who faked injuries to skip practice and others who missed curfew, because he was afraid they'd bolt for the portal—so he let the inmates run the asylum, and now the inmates don't want to response to a hard-*** alpha coach who pushes them hard and expects more.

Mario tried to work with what he had while also installing his own philosophy for what he wants. You can't bring in the 2023 recruiting class with half your foot in the old way of doing things and half in the new.

This roster was exposed as the frauds they are, so time to burn this thing down and go get kids that buy into the coaching philosophy, the work ethic and the process to build a true contender; not some flashy, cute little offense that puts up 40+ against inferior foes, but goes into a meat grinder and scores 13 points when it plays any physical team.
Simple question. Would you take last year's O over this one or not? I disliked Manny as much, or more, than most. Hiring Lashlee was a good move, and a **** of a lot better than Mario hiring Gattis. There's a reason Lashlee got a HC gig. Will Gattis after this season?

Advertisement
Back