Mario has lost this team. What now?

This is right. i don’t understand why everyone thought this offense would be better. We have worse WR, worse RB, worse O line and a hurt QB. Why are ppl surprised how bad this offense looks. lashlee’s offense was fun, but it also never worked against a good defense.

This is making a ton of assumptions. If you want to say there’s a drop off at wide receiver, I’ll agree to an extent but please stop making two guys who didn’t get drafted into superstars. Those guys had success because of the system they played in. The system wasn’t successful because of them. We lost nobody from the offensive line and the fact that Mario and his midget buddy were supposed to be O line gurus and the line got worse. Running back is an improvement because Parrish is better than Knighton. Pretending the offense was successful last year because they had great talent is just a pathetic excuse for the current bums coaching the offense.

Advertisement
I sensed that you have a very particular set of skills ..... 😉
angry liam neeson GIF

I'm as frustrated as you or anyone else at the abortion that this season has been. Mario wasn't exactly my first choice but since he was going to be the guy and the fact that the school finally decided that they wanted to spend the money necessary to compete I accepted it and hoped that Mario had the vision to see that his preferred bro style ways were not conducive to success.

Everything hinged on Mario understanding that in this era of college football combined with our location and our football DNA that being offense centric was the only logical place to start. Our brand should be synonymous with exciting, keep you on the edge of your seat, pedal to the metal, high octane cutting edge football both on offense and defense. The type of style that high school players excitedly talk about between classes, after school and on social media. It's who we are. We should be running the kind of offense that Tennessee fans are envious of not visa versa and miss me with the garbage takes about their offense being shut down vs UGA(The defending national champions with an elite star studded defense plus the fact that this is Huepels 2nd year at Tenn and they are 8-1).

Start with being offense centric and with elite level recruiting in time we will have the type of elite level defense that UGA uses to shut down potent offensive attacks. This was my vision for what the plan should have been when Mario was hired. Clearly I overestimated the man's intelligence. I knew that he was not a good game day coach but I was completely blindsided by how absolutely terrible he actually is.

Right after Mario was hired while everyone was still in the honeymoon swooning phase, the staff hiring began(Well sort of). It was obvious something was off when most of the offensive staff was in place well before an OC was hired. It was even stranger not having either coordinator in place for what seemed to be forever. The thing is that everytime anyone asked questions they were immediately shut up by the board edition of the Columbus Mafia. People were accused of being toxic and not being true fans etc....Imagine the irony now that the clown show on the field has been directly linked to the staff and the amateurish way that it was put together with the emphasis on big splash names at the expense of good chemistry.

So now that this season has completely gone to **** and we have had what basically boils down to a full fledged players mutiny which came to an embarrassing head on Saturday night at home vs out biggest rival where do we go from here? What's the answer? Clearly the toxic elements of this staff need to be cut out but there are also many players who need to be shown the door for obvious reasons. That's just the beginning unfortunately. Like a very wise man recently said, you don't get to this point with the team looking as awful as it has without the head coach being responsible. Mario Cristobal has a lot to answer for but he isn't going anywhere anytime soon so how do we salvage this situation and how do we make it work?

IMO, the only way this works going forward is for Rad, Zo and Mario to confront the fact that Mario cannot be the hands on micromanaging HC. The only way forward is for Mario to take on a CEO role where he is the face of the program who focuses on recruiting and building relationships and anything else related to building the programs foundation that he excels at. It is absolutely imperative that both coordinators hires are home runs. First we need to identify either a bright young OC who runs a specific system(@Liberty City El has a great list) or a great offensive mind with HC experience(Mullen, Petrino, Sumlin). Whoever it is, we need to run an exciting uptempo spread type system(I don't care which variety) that kids will be excited to be in. Something that gets the fans excited. Something that we say "Now that is Miami football!). We need to do the same thing on the defensive side of the ball then recruit, recruit and recruit some more.

It is very important to have at least one of the coordinators have HC experience because this is what will serve as a firewall against Mario's garbage game day decisions. It's also very important to have Mario clearly understand that his preferred way of doing things is over and done and that his coordinators are to have complete autonomy. It just infuriates me to think that Mario saw what we were doing under Lashlee and how TVD looked in that system and he still had the arrogance or sheer stupidity to waste all of that time and energy to hire an OC like Gattis and install an offense that is completely contrary to what your players excel at.
Huge red flag that assistants were hired before coordinators were in place. Smells like a HC that is dictating what schemes will be ran under his watch. That micro-managing mess rarely ends well. Imma let it play out, I have no choice being a diehard, but I ain't spending another dime until I see a consistent showing of development and improvements. I don't need the off-season hype and fake YouTube reports; I want to see it with my own analytical eyes. So we're going to be the Big10 rep in the south; wow, it may lead to wins but they will be boring and ugly.

Huge red flag that assistants were hired before coordinators were in place. Smells like a HC that is dictating what schemes will be ran under his watch. That micro-managing mess rarely ends well. Imma let it play out, I have no choice being a diehard, but I ain't spending another dime until I see a consistent showing of development and improvements. I don't need the off-season hype and fake YouTube reports; I want to see it with my own analytical eyes. So we're going to be the Big10 rep in the south; wow, it may lead to wins but they will be boring and ugly.
Unfortunately for him he won't be able to run the ground and pound he may want. This season has literally burned all the goodwill capital he had in that regard. He's going to have to replace Gattis with an OC who runs an exciting offense that scores points. A spread offense that gets athletes in space and I'm not talking Lashlee's offense, I'm talking about something better. It's the only way out of this for him. Besides he won't be able to attract the skill kids he really wants with some boring 1995 Big Ten offense.

Advertisement
The Spring at Greentree will tell us part of the story. What he does with the staff will tell us even more of the story, but the proof in the pudding is what kind of product does Mario put on the field next year and do those players buy into Mario.
I don’t disagree with your overall post. But I completely disagree with the part in bold. If there’s one thing we should all know by now it’s that Spring at Greentree doesn’t tell anyone anything.

Crazy that the whole team regressed when Mario comes in. Is ANYONE playing better? We could sign every 5 star but if it’s steamy garbage when they get here, a lot will just transfer out. Way of the world now

I'm as frustrated as you or anyone else at the abortion that this season has been. Mario wasn't exactly my first choice but since he was going to be the guy and the fact that the school finally decided that they wanted to spend the money necessary to compete I accepted it and hoped that Mario had the vision to see that his preferred bro style ways were not conducive to success.

Everything hinged on Mario understanding that in this era of college football combined with our location and our football DNA that being offense centric was the only logical place to start. Our brand should be synonymous with exciting, keep you on the edge of your seat, pedal to the metal, high octane cutting edge football both on offense and defense. The type of style that high school players excitedly talk about between classes, after school and on social media. It's who we are. We should be running the kind of offense that Tennessee fans are envious of not visa versa and miss me with the garbage takes about their offense being shut down vs UGA(The defending national champions with an elite star studded defense plus the fact that this is Huepels 2nd year at Tenn and they are 8-1).

Start with being offense centric and with elite level recruiting in time we will have the type of elite level defense that UGA uses to shut down potent offensive attacks. This was my vision for what the plan should have been when Mario was hired. Clearly I overestimated the man's intelligence. I knew that he was not a good game day coach but I was completely blindsided by how absolutely terrible he actually is.

Right after Mario was hired while everyone was still in the honeymoon swooning phase, the staff hiring began(Well sort of). It was obvious something was off when most of the offensive staff was in place well before an OC was hired. It was even stranger not having either coordinator in place for what seemed to be forever. The thing is that everytime anyone asked questions they were immediately shut up by the board edition of the Columbus Mafia. People were accused of being toxic and not being true fans etc....Imagine the irony now that the clown show on the field has been directly linked to the staff and the amateurish way that it was put together with the emphasis on big splash names at the expense of good chemistry.

So now that this season has completely gone to **** and we have had what basically boils down to a full fledged players mutiny which came to an embarrassing head on Saturday night at home vs out biggest rival where do we go from here? What's the answer? Clearly the toxic elements of this staff need to be cut out but there are also many players who need to be shown the door for obvious reasons. That's just the beginning unfortunately. Like a very wise man recently said, you don't get to this point with the team looking as awful as it has without the head coach being responsible. Mario Cristobal has a lot to answer for but he isn't going anywhere anytime soon so how do we salvage this situation and how do we make it work?

IMO, the only way this works going forward is for Rad, Zo and Mario to confront the fact that Mario cannot be the hands on micromanaging HC. The only way forward is for Mario to take on a CEO role where he is the face of the program who focuses on recruiting and building relationships and anything else related to building the programs foundation that he excels at. It is absolutely imperative that both coordinators hires are home runs. First we need to identify either a bright young OC who runs a specific system(@Liberty City El has a great list) or a great offensive mind with HC experience(Mullen, Petrino, Sumlin). Whoever it is, we need to run an exciting uptempo spread type system(I don't care which variety) that kids will be excited to be in. Something that gets the fans excited. Something that we say "Now that is Miami football!). We need to do the same thing on the defensive side of the ball then recruit, recruit and recruit some more.

It is very important to have at least one of the coordinators have HC experience because this is what will serve as a firewall against Mario's garbage game day decisions. It's also very important to have Mario clearly understand that his preferred way of doing things is over and done and that his coordinators are to have complete autonomy. It just infuriates me to think that Mario saw what we were doing under Lashlee and how TVD looked in that system and he still had the arrogance or sheer stupidity to waste all of that time and energy to hire an OC like Gattis and install an offense that is completely contrary to what your players excel at.
You make too much sense. You don’t belong here.

Advertisement
Is it that Mario lost the team or the team can't stand Gattis and it has spread to the defensive side of the ball?

I literally have no problem with burning this roster down to a few and starting over with a new culture. Obviously, we need to replace Gattis, but I don't like the heart and passion I see from the players. Too easy to quit. Clean house of this toxicity except for the worthy ones. I would rather lose with a team giving it all than a bunch of quitters who back down after they get hit in the mouth.
This is a little contradicting. Wouldn't it be kind of hard playing with heart and passion under Gattis?

We just have to shut up & let Mario work bro.

Do not question him, do not say anything negative about what’s happening or the Coaching staff. It’s the players fault & this stupid fan base needs to shut their **** mouths & let Master Mario work his magic.

Expect for 70 transfers in the offseason & we’re going 15-0 next year...

But if we don’t, it’s because we have a team full of Frosh & Transfers & the team needs more time to gel.

Everybody just needs to shut up sit quietly & smile, it doesn’t matter how many games we lose, as long as we have Mario that’s all that matters.
Que boberia chico!

We just have to shut up & let Mario work bro.

Do not question him, do not say anything negative about what’s happening or the Coaching staff. It’s the players fault & this stupid fan base needs to shut their **** mouths & let Master Mario work his magic.

Expect for 70 transfers in the offseason & we’re going 15-0 next year...

But if we don’t, it’s because we have a team full of Frosh & Transfers & the team needs more time to gel.

Everybody just needs to shut up sit quietly & smile, it doesn’t matter how many games we lose, as long as we have Mario that’s all that matters.

You know, you're right, and I'll add that I think it's a good thing we haven't scored a TD in 9 quarters. You're not going to build character and learn physical football if you scheme your guys into the end zone. That's for pussies.

This team has given up on Mario. So at this point we may loose all or most of the rest of the games. So what now? I am curious what everyone thinks. Do we stay with the current status? Does Mario keep the guys he hired before the OC/DC...and what about the OC/DC? I think there is a revamp that is required. Maybe I am wrong, but this is not working.
The same team composed of players who quit on Manny as well. That is until they saw the writing on the wall he was getting the boot and realized the level of comfort they were going to lose. It’s not just about Saturdays. It’s about everything leading up to Saturday.

How quickly we forget about losing to UNC (x3), UF in an opener, GT, FIU, Duke, a horrible FSU squad, La Tech, and UVA. There’s other very winnable or at least competitive games which can be thrown in there as well that just weren’t. Yet we had a college football playoff in the works due to the lovely foundation put forth by Manny. Remember, “the talent” and work was there. We just needed a better game day staff to save us. Malarkey.

Elements of this team have quit on Mario just like they did on Manny. There’s a difference though. These guys quit on Manny because he ran a cupcake program and they had little to no level of respect that’s required between a player and coach. Above all they had little respect for each other which is more toxic in my opinion. Some guys have quit on Mario because their little peckers got pushed in and they turtled up. It’s been a tough transition going from the guy in high school, to fluffed with the last staff, to having someone challenge you. Mario’s ****ed on these guy’s legs like they were his ficus tree needing a mark and they’ve cowered. Sure, those are really the guys that would lead this program back to relevance.

What we’ve seen is 100% a team divided. Believe it or not it’s really not that uncommon. I’ve said over and over just how bad this situation was and many in here dismissed it. Like it or not there’s an element, and it’s not just composed of “Mario’s guys”, who have nothing for the guys who won’t be here next year. It’s been present since camp and nothing has changed with it.

And last but not least. Who says there’s not going to be a change in scheme and staff? This isn’t directed specifically to you but to others. What “inside” information do some of you have that the status quo is being kept for next year? Above all hang in there. I get the frustration.

Advertisement
Unfortunately for him he won't be able to run the ground and pound he may want. This season has literally burned all the goodwill capital he had in that regard. He's going to have to replace Gattis with an OC who runs an exciting offense that scores points. A spread offense that gets athletes in space and I'm not talking Lashlee's offense, I'm talking about something better. It's the only way out of this for him. Besides he won't be able to attract the skill kids he really wants with some boring 1995 Big Ten offense.

This season has gone down just like this country's economy in the last couple of years... unbelievable fail....

Im more willing to give them a chance to bring in their own guys before **** canning them...but Richt and Manny's players have got to go.
We say this every time. Coaches can win w what they have. It happens all over cfb including this yesr. This has been a failure by all parties.

Advertisement
yeah after the worst coaching job in modern canes history, im good.

start winning against the **** teams at home when you get paid 80 mill and you have a 14 m staff. no excuses

Totally your choice...but what can't be denied is that Mario gave these kids a chance and they screwed him over bad.

Advertisement
Back