Mario has lost this team. What now?

Advertisement
ruiz was right in that video clip for whoever posted it

we signed up for this ride. All-in on recruiting overhaul and getting rid of gattis

if he drops gattis and signs a top 5 class then my optimism will be back

We just have to shut up & let Mario work bro.

Do not question him, do not say anything negative about what’s happening or the Coaching staff. It’s the players fault & this stupid fan base needs to shut their **** mouths & let Master Mario work his magic.

Expect for 70 transfers in the offseason & we’re going 15-0 next year...

But if we don’t, it’s because we have a team full of Frosh & Transfers & the team needs more time to gel.

Everybody just needs to shut up sit quietly & smile, it doesn’t matter how many games we lose, as long as we have Mario that’s all that matters.

Couldn't have said it better

I mean, we're gonna lose a lot of dudes post season. Is this a good thing/bad thing for Mario? For Us as fans of the program. TBH, none of us really knows. If he's lost the team because our players have quit on him, yeah, they need to go. What he brings in this off season will tell us some of the story. The Spring at Greentree will tell us part of the story. What he does with the staff will tell us even more of the story, but the proof in the pudding is what kind of product does Mario put on the field next year and do those players buy into Mario. Mario, like many of us, needs to do some soul searching and figure A LOT of things out. OC would be at the top or near the top of the things to do list, but it's much deeper than that.

Advertisement
When Mario was hired- was there one person, anyone, who said Mario is a good game day coach- a true Xs and Os guy?

All he is good at is recruiting. And he is poised to sign our best class in decades all while showing a terrible product on the field.

Mario is doing what he was brought here to do. The same can not be said for Gaytis or Steele. Steele at least has shown glimpses.

Mario needs to overhaul the coaching staff, recruit like crazy, and kick *** in the portal. That’s what he can control.

You know I was a little worried about the offense cause of Mario's history at Oregon but I had no idea it would be this bad. You know how hard it is to make Enos offense look good?

I'll reserve my judgment until the offensive line we thought we would have isnt all hurt.

We dont have a oline full of center body types. We dont have 11 and 8 starting on defense. When our safeties actually play their assignments and dont give up cheap tds.

We dont have a 3rd down rb starting, while our 2 most talented rbs are hurt...even though Chaney is always hurt.

The one explosive rb we have doesnt fumble when the wind blows too hard.

And our most important player doesnt have one foot out the door prepping for the draft and only wants to throw to one or 2 receivers.

Almost forgot, best all around TE isnt out for the year.

Mario is gonna build a championship caliber roster no matter what is typed on this board, and thats how you win the MNC. Not just be in the hunt every 3 or 4

years maybe when the stars align. Live there just like Bama, Georgia, OSU, and Clemson do.

Last edited:
This team has given up on Mario. So at this point we may loose all or most of the rest of the games. So what now? I am curious what everyone thinks. Do we stay with the current status? Does Mario keep the guys he hired before the OC/DC...and what about the OC/DC? I think there is a revamp that is required. Maybe I am wrong, but this is not working.
Get a new team.

Something most of us have been hoping for. The vast majority of this roster stinks.

Advertisement
I don’t know if Mario lost the team.

1. One QB has no shoulder.
2. Back up has a confidence problem.
3. Third string is a kid.

Three and out. A D can only handle that so long. I don’t think they are quitting. Just spent.

Get a new team.

Something most of us have been hoping for. The vast majority of this roster stinks.
the coaches are good tho? you've been at this stupid narrative the entire season. the roster inst great but it isnt this bad. this is the worst coaching job in over 30 years

Advertisement
I'm personally searching for a genie I will fix this mess with one of my 3 wishes

Advertisement
Love the sarcasm.

Mario is not faultless and he’s not free of criticism. He gets plenty of it here.

A lot of issues all over the place and as the head man, it falls on him. All of it!!

But it’s year one and I will give him the opportunity to make it right. The purge, wether justified or not is the purge.

Everyone here has *****ed for years of the toxic culture that has been in place for years.

I would agree that there can be a purge of said culture and yet play respectable football instead of UM playing like some FCS team. Obviously a lot of bad fits in the coaching staff and players. There is no doubt most have quit. Coaches have also failed the players.

The narrative that you can’t question Mario is false so stop insinuating that nobody is questioning him. Plenty are as well as plenty are critical.

It was though…and payback they say…

Advertisement
Back