2022 Mario going after RB TreVonte' Citizen Picks Miami!

Yes. Citizen is on another level though. Plus, they need two. All they really have is Tank and Hunter and everyone knows Tank is gone after the 22 season.
I Bisby has already entered the portal. I was hoping Miami would kick the tires. He's going to play in the league I think.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Love how we are looking at RBs. Might not get this kid but it shows they would like to add a back to this class. Who knows how healthy Chaney will be, Knighton was a beast down the stretch but that was asking way too much out of him, Thad looks promising, and Brown seems solid. We could use a guy like this just for special teams and practice purposes.
Is it odd to anyone that we don't really use any non RBs out of the backfield as much as we should? Looking at guys like Brashard Smith or even Malik Curtis to carry the ball out of the backfield might add some juice to the rushing attack. The Pats even use Jonnu Smith as a guy to rush with, it seems like we should get more creative with our rushing attack which will help our existing guys without really costing anything.

Is it odd to anyone that we don't really use any non RBs out of the backfield as much as we should? Looking at guys like Brashard Smith or even Malik Curtis to carry the ball out of the backfield might add some juice to the rushing attack. The Pats even use Jonnu Smith as a guy to rush with, it seems like we should get more creative with our rushing attack which will help our existing guys without really costing anything.
I think time was the issue.

There are only so many inside zone reps to go around. Ur top guys need to practice IZ situationally. From our own 1 yard line or on fourth and short. Need those reps…

kid looks good, I know Rb's are stacked next year so they must really like him.

I just really want mark fletcher next year, dude is BUILT to be a bulldozer and I'm confident with Mirabal and Mario transforming our O-Line that he would be a wrecking ball

Advertisement
orson welles film GIF

kid looks good, I know Rb's are stacked next year so they must really like him.

I just really want mark fletcher next year, dude is BUILT to be a bulldozer and I'm confident with Mirabal and Mario transforming our O-Line that he would be a wrecking ball
We only have 4 RBs on the roster (and who knows if one of those transfers...). We need at least 1, preferably 2.

Not a Kelly guy I guess looks like a stud to me TAKE. No Florida boys this year. 2023 is loaded with backs

Last edited:
Advertisement
Pretty impressive change of direction and vision. runs through arm tackles too. I can see him getting hawked at the next level but I want guys that make the first guy miss on the roster in addition to the home run hitters. Unless 3 guys go down he won't get touches next year with our backfield though so hopefully he is ok with a shirt.

This kid has tremendous leg strength in how he runs. He seems to widen his stance at contact on a lot of these runs. His balance and cutting ability are really impressive.

Advertisement
From what I saw this season, Brown should either transfer or be our Jarrett Payton like the last time we had a nice stable of backs.

LSU only has 13 commits in their class & they haven’t signed a RB yet.

They let go of Kevin Faulk but replaced him with Frank Wilson, who’s a former HC at UTSA & McNesse St, was a RB’s coach for Les Miles when LSU won a title under him, he also used to coach HS at Edna Karr & is a New Orleans legend as a local Louisiana recruiter.

Between TreVonte’ Citizen & Trevor Etienne one of them will definitely be signing with LSU.
(LSU can’t take both because they signed 3 RB’s last class including a Portal transfer)

Eteinne is announcing next month at the All-American game& he has an OV to UF, he’s down to Clemson, LSU & UF as his top 3.

We should just recruit both & see whichever one doesn’t go to LSU.

Although, Louisiana kids are a very tough pull.

If they got Wilson back, LSU will be just fine at RB. That guy recruited some of the all-time great players for LSU.

Top247 kid, Former LSU commit.
One of Jim Mastro's latest follows along with Canes football, feels like he will be RB coach.
First couple highlights reminded me of Dye from Oregon

So if Mastro is the guy at RB Coach, how are we feeling about that?

Advertisement
Back