2022 Mario going after RB TreVonte' Citizen Picks Miami!

Advertisement
Love how we are looking at RBs. Might not get this kid but it shows they would like to add a back to this class.
Another area where Mario is a radical change from the previous regime. Manny reportedly felt fine with the RB stable and wasn't actively recruiting RBs. Mario clearly feels more depth is needed.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Not to be that guy, but are there no comparable uncommitted SoFl RBs?
They are not this year. Weird down year for skill players in So. Fla.

Top RB in Fla (excluding IMG transplants) is probably Xavier Townsend from Tampa? I think he is at UCF or similar type school.

Best guy in So. Fla? Maybe Jaizun Patterson? Deerfield but he is a low 3*, not even ranked nationally.

Even WR, I think Mortimer is the top ranked So. FL WR and he isnt top 300. I cannot remember a time So. Fla did not have a WR, QB, or RB in the top 300.

Also shocked that based on ranking, Quan Lee is the top FL WR, he got a huge bump to a top 200 player, even higher than Jaden Gibson and Horton.

They are not this year. Weird down year for skill players in So. Fla.

Top RB in Fla (excluding IMG transplants) is probably Xavier Townsend from Tampa? I think he is at UCF or similar type school.

Best guy in So. Fla? Maybe Jaizun Patterson? Deerfield but he is a low 3*, not even ranked nationally.

Even WR, I think Mortimer is the top ranked So. FL WR and he isnt top 300. I cannot remember a time So. Fla did not have a WR, QB, or RB in the top 300.

Also shocked that based on ranking, Quan Lee is the top FL WR, he got a huge bump to a top 200 player, even higher than Jaden Gibson and Horton.
Any chance you have some names for 2023? These position groups tend to go in cycles. One year down, the next year deep, etc.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Another area where Mario is a radical change from the previous regime. Manny reportedly felt fine with the RB stable and wasn't actively recruiting RBs. Mario clearly feels more depth is needed.
I feel like Mario is going to just stick to the big boy model which is you recruit every position every year. Shoot, Bama is taking 2 RB's this year. So is OU, PSU, and UGA.

Doesn't matter if you have great depth. You get you a player every cycle. Let them sort it out in the practice field. Gotta build that kind of competitive depth where you forget that an Alvin Kamara was even on your squad bc you're bringing in Henry's, Yeldon's and Drake's.

If Chaney for example gets passed up and has to transfer bc of his injuries or whatever, that's just the bidness.

Any chance you have some names for 2023? These position groups tend to go in cycles. One year down, the next year deep, etc.

In Fla? Yes next year is much better.

Richard Young out of Lehigh Acres, We have had some luck recently in Lehigh but I think he goes out of state
Cedrick Baxter is in Orlando,
Sam Singleton out of orange park
Treyan (sic?) Webb is up in Jacksonville area

Those are the top in Florida likely all top 100 guys but mainly up north.

For South Florida
Javin Simpkins from Norland
Mark Fletcher from Heritage
Irvin Jr from Gulliver

All likely top 300 guys. I know sedrick commited to ND a while back, I wonder if Kelly leaving causes him to reopen. I think Fletcher is the top target RN for Hickson, unsure with a new staff

Advertisement
Back