Mario defenders - Let’s hears those excuses

Advertisement
Butch fell to East Carolina twice; rocked at home 31-6 in 1996 and blowing a 23-3 lead in 1999, en route to a 27-23 loss for that transplanted game in Raleigh.

0-10 against Virginia Tech and Florida State between 1995 and 1999, as well.

Pretty silly to be all up in arms over a coaching staff four games in.

****, it took Butch four years to part way with Bill Miller on defense—getting rocked 66-13 (Syracuse) and 49-45 (UCLA) in back-to-back games before finally bringing in Schiano—yet fans want Gattis out after four games, as if that's how things work.
The UCLA game was postponed till the end of season due to a hurricane threat.
Miami Won that game, UCLA was ranked 3rd in the country.
Butch had 5 winning seasons out of 6.
In 97, we had only 64 scholarship players. And our first 1000 yard rusher in 20 years.
Just filling in yer little omissions..

I’ll start it off:

Rome wasn’t built in a day

He didn’t open up the playbook yet

Don't be a fan later

These are Manny’s players
How about this.

There is no excuse. He has a 10 year contract.

STFU, or there’s the door.

Cristobal has never and will never be a good offensive or even football mind. He’s a top tier recruiter who will need to surround himself with people who don’t run his schemes or have elite talent. Big gulp on that one because we have seen how this game plays out with stubborn corches
He needs to adapt and embrace a spread offense.

If Nick Saban can do it, then there is no excuse for Mario to cling to an outdated offensive philosophy.

Advertisement
In 97, we had only 64 scholarship players. And our first 1000 yard rusher in 20 years.

What Butch did will never be replicated. He took advantage of the extra time he was given during that terrible probation era. Recruiting was also a COMPLETE different world in those days. Forget the Butch comparisons. It is an entirely different world in football these days, HS, College and NFL. Also, Butch was a very good FB coach in his own right, a guru defensively and an NC winning coordinator/DL coach and Super Bowl winning coordinator. Mario is not anywhere near that stratosphere of experience and proven ability.

Cristobal has never and will never be a good offensive or even football mind. He’s a top tier recruiter who will need to surround himself with people who don’t run his schemes or have elite talent. Big gulp on that one because we have seen how this game plays out with stubborn corches
Caviat being he can recruit and maybe get some smarts along the way

Advertisement
What Butch did will never be replicated. He took advantage of the extra time he was given during that terrible probation era. Recruiting was also a COMPLETE different world in those days. Forget the Butch comparisons. It is an entirely different world in football these days, HS, College and NFL.
I was on the debate team in HiSchool, Gables.
An analogy is a fault in reasoning, think 15 yard penalty.
What Butch did 25 years ago means nothing, Mario is a fraud today which is germaine to the anger of cane fans.
Just pointing out the accomplishments of Butch,,which were large in retrospect..

season 3 spongebob b.c. GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

I got nothing.

I won’t be alive when we finally reach relevancy so going to start celebrating the small victories like they’re big victories. We won the TOP battle yesterday. 2023 TOP National Champs is the goal. Would make for a sick license plate! Go Canes!
TOP#1

Advertisement
Tell that to Utah. They didn't give a crap about Oregon's highly rated recruiting classes.
Oregon played without several starters against Utah. They were healthy against OSU. If they had those players against Utah they probably would have been in the playoffs. Does anyone think Georgia would have beat Alabama if Alabama had not lost their starting receivers. The Oregon-Utah commentary is contrived and overstated.

In before someone brings up Saban losing to ULM year 1 at Bama.
People don’t understand how bad ULM is and always has been. That was a huge loss for Saban possibly the worst in his career. Being from La they are on the same level or close to as MTS. These things do happen unfortunately in rebuilds. Year two is when you see the jump and year three more success. Give it time for the a full season and recruiting class and then next year we should see a positive bump. Let’s all breathe. This was always going to be a up and down year

Advertisement
Offense looked real bad in our spring game and I overlooked it and didn’t think it was a big deal. Boy was I wrong.
Yeah, we all chalked it up to the new system, but thought certainly they would improve. Nope.

I don't recall ever comparing Mario to Billy. Mario's work stands on its own, both good and bad.
Didn't say you specifically, but I remember most claiming Mario was a better coach. That Saban made him AHC, National Recruiter of the year. All these accolades. He beat Ohio State without his best player. Beat Wisconsin (Which Miami hasn't done in a while). Top 5 Wins and all the accroutrements.

Now we are saying he is not that guy.

Shhhhh....Butch accolades aren't allowed.

Advertisement
Back