Mario defenders - Let’s hears those excuses

Just checked sports reference website and according to them, Mario never lost to a non major program when he was at Oregon, so Why TF did he, Gattis, and Steele sh*t the bed against MTSU? The talent difference at Oregon cannot be THAT much.

Advertisement
This fan base is going to say this about every coach we bring in as long as 75% of our roster is from south Florida. If we don't get football players it won't matter who the coach is.

The UCLA game was postponed till the end of season due to a hurricane threat.
Miami Won that game, UCLA was ranked 3rd in the country.
Butch had 5 winning seasons out of 6.
In 97, we had only 64 scholarship players. And our first 1000 yard rusher in 20 years.
Just filling in yer little omissions..
VT 1998 - Butch lost with Edge, Wayne, Moss, Reed, Morgan, etc.

On 6 straight possessions we had a 20 yd FG blocked followed by 5 straight turnovers.

We can talk Middle Tennessee & FIU for "worst loss ever" - but VT 1998 remains the crown jewel.

I love Butch - but he had some horrific games

Butch talk probably details 50% of the threads here my god.

Stop living in the past, it’s done. We called for his head, turned out He was a good coach, f’d himself and the program over by leaving, and that’s that.

We got modern day problems to deal with. This is part of the problem - stop trying to be like him, we’re not replicating that. Mario needs to build his own brand, starting with the offense.

Butch talk probably details 50% of the threads here my god.

Stop living in the past, it’s done. We called for his head, turned out He was a good coach, f’d himself and the program over by leaving, and that’s that.

We got modern day problems to deal with. This is part of the problem - stop trying to be like him, we’re not replicating that. Mario needs to build his own brand, starting with the offense.
F-ed the FB Program by leaving them the Greatest FB team in NCAA History????
Hope when Mario leaves, he Fs us over again if that's being F-ed over.

Advertisement
F-ed the FB Program by leaving them the Greatest FB team in NCAA History????
Hope when Mario leaves, he Fs us over again if that's being F-ed over.
I question his decision to take a job with one of the worst franchises in the NFL instead of dominate in college, supposedly. If anything he f’d himself more than Miami, sure.

You’re a great Miami fan and a solid poster with tons of info but I just don’t get all the Butch talk (not only you, others too). Like what good does it do now to bring up the same points every time in every thread?

How many times do we have to hear the same things at nauseam?
“This would have never flown under Butch”
“Back in the 90’s, Butch did this”
“Actually, Butch did it this way”
“Remember when Butch stole Manny’s croquetas, that’s what a winning coach does”
“No one recruits like Butch”

Maybe Bama fans talk about Bear Bryant like this, or USC fans with Pete Carroll, etc. even tho Butch is hardly anything close.

Idk maybe I’m just cranky this morning and ****ed off at this team but bringing up the past as a coping mechanism for the current state of affairs is getting old to me.

I question his decision to take a job with one of the worst franchises in the NFL instead of dominate in college, supposedly. If anything he f’d himself more than Miami, sure.

You’re a great Miami fan and a solid poster with tons of info but I just don’t get all the Butch talk (not only you, others too). Like what good does it do now to bring up the same points every time in every thread?

How many times do we have to hear the same things at nauseam?
“This would have never flown under Butch”
“Back in the 90’s, Butch did this”
“Actually, Butch did it this way”
“Remember when Butch stole Manny’s croquetas, that’s what a winning coach does”
“No one recruits like Butch”

Maybe Bama fans talk about Bear Bryant like this, or USC fans with Pete Carroll, etc. even tho Butch is hardly anything close.

Idk maybe I’m just cranky this morning and ****ed off at this team but bringing up the past as a coping mechanism for the current state of affairs is getting old to me.
I question the schools decision to not have given him what he deserved. Always keep in mind, this site and other UM sites wouldn't exist without his accomplishments...25yrs of what??...talking about Ericksons 1991 NC??...(that ironically had, 90% JJs recruits, with Butch being their lead recruiter.)

I question the schools decision to not have given him what he deserved. Always keep in mind, this site and other UM sites wouldn't exist without his accomplishments...25yrs of what??...talking about Ericksons 1991 NC??...(that ironically had, 90% JJs recruits, with Butch being their lead recruiter.)
That’s a fair point, I’ll give you that. If the administration had cared about football to the level of degree we do now, maybe we’re still amongst the upper echelon of college football today.

Advertisement
That’s a fair point, I’ll give you that. If the administration had cared about football to the level of degree we do now, maybe we’re still amongst the upper echelon of college football today.
I use Butch as a foresight for the programs path. Not because he's a close friend, but I think his approach to building a program from literally ashes, is the approach for ALL UMs HCs...

On 6 straight possessions we had a 20 yd FG blocked followed by 5 straight turnovers.

We can talk Middle Tennessee & FIU for "worst loss ever" - but VT 1998 remains the crown jewel.

True, but not our worst loss by a longshot.
Beamer was an excellent coach and had VaTeck playing at a high level.
Shall i mention Kenny Kelly ugh, or Ryan Clement.
Scott Covington should have played.
QB was Butchs blind spot..

Ke

Not even close.

Vt had a very solid team.

Middle Tennessee and fiu shouldn't have scored more than 7 against us.

Advertisement
Didn't say you specifically, but I remember most claiming Mario was a better coach. That Saban made him AHC, National Recruiter of the year. All these accolades. He beat Ohio State without his best player. Beat Wisconsin (Which Miami hasn't done in a while). Top 5 Wins and all the accroutrements.

Now we are saying he is not that guy.
I wasn't high on him, but I didn't expect this level of insanity.

F all you Butch haters.....Lol
20220926_113054.jpg

Advertisement
Just checked sports reference website and according to them, Mario never lost to a non major program when he was at Oregon, so Why TF did he, Gattis, and Steele sh*t the bed against MTSU? The talent difference at Oregon cannot be THAT much.
He inherited a much more talented UO team than what he has here. Culture hadn't been broken for almost two decades, and there were guys on his roster that had won big. Factor in the facilities and support, which the program consistently had despite two bad seasons from 2016-2017. Meanwhile, here he inherited what had been an underfunded program for almost two decades, a roster with no bowl wins or even a season with more than 8 wins. Not to mention we whiffed on 90% of our recruiting evals.

I missed that one, but the post game one was alarming.
He's probably never had a team lay down as this one did. He's realizing the depth of the rebuild this school needs. Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth. He knew it was bad but probably didn't realize it was this bad.

True, but not our worst loss by a longshot.
Beamer was an excellent coach and had VaTeck playing at a high level.
Shall i mention Kenny Kelly ugh, or Ryan Clement.
Scott Covington should have played.
QB was Butchs blind spot..

Ke
I know the Middle Tenn loss just happened so of course it'll feel worse than a game 25 years ago. But here's what happened....

Covington was the QB of 1998 Miami (but I agree Clement & Kenny Kelly were painful). So Miami had an NFL QB and Pro-Bowl RB's, WR's, TE's

Beamer was a great coach - but this wasn't the Michael Vick/Kevin Jones/Antonio Freeman VT.

This was Al Clark (QB)/Lamont Peugues (RB)/Ricky Hall (WR) VT. VT lost to a 2-9 Temple in 1998.

2022 Miami-Mid Tenn is Guys who might have a cup of coffee in the NFL vs Non-NFL players. 1998 Miami-VT was NFL HOF'ers vs Non-NFL players.

The gap between Reggie Wayne & Santa Moss vs VT WR's was MUCH wider than Keyshawn/Brashard Smith vs Mid Tenn WR's.

The gap between Edgerrin James vs VT RB's was MUCH wider than Henry Parrish vs Mid Tenn RB's. Same at almost all positions if you compared.

So we just turned the ball over on 3 straight possessions vs Mid Tenn, right? Now imagine if the next 3 possessions after that we turned it over twice and had a FG from the 3 yd line blocked?

That was VT 1998. It was double the Offensive Fail with WAY more talent.

I won't argue if you don't think it was worse - but believe me brother, it was definitely just as bad

Advertisement
Back