Mario defenders - Let’s hears those excuses

Advertisement
This mentality is garbage and I suspect you are one of these new-school Miami fans.

There is no situation, ever, where losing a game like this is at all acceptable.
You couldn't be more wrong. My father took me to games when the 'Canes played on Friday nights in the '70's. No one's excusing anything, hence 'alarming'. So since your old school, you would've fired JJ after the way the '84 season finished? What I was stating is that every ***-clown in the year 2022 thinks they're an 'expert' because social media provides a forum for THEIR OPINION to be expressed. Coaches aren't given the time to work at building a program. The same time that JJ was given to build a juggernaut. Not saying necessarily that Cristobal will. TIME will tell. You can make statements like 'unacceptable', blah, blah, blah..but there's simply NOTHING any of us can do other than ***** & moan or withdraw support from the program. Have at it.

Advertisement
I won’t be alive when we finally reach relevancy so going to start celebrating the small victories like they’re big victories. We won the TOP battle yesterday. 2023 TOP National Champs is the goal. Would make for a sick license plate! Go Canes!

This mentality is garbage and I suspect you are one of these new-school Miami fans.

There is no situation, ever, where losing a game like this is at all acceptable.
While many have highlighted pain-points and deficiencies within our football program (of which there are many), I have not seen a porster proclaiming this loss as acceptable. One can do both. If you have, point me to the post. I'd love to read the rationale.

This. Way too soon for these type of threads but it’s expected.
And if he turns things around, everyone in here is gonna pretend like they weren’t wrong. Giving up on q staff four games into a new regime is as bad of a bet that I can think of. Gotta wait to see how this year plays out.

Advertisement
You couldn't be more wrong. My father took me to games when the 'Canes played on Friday nights in the '70's. No one's excusing anything, hence 'alarming'. So since your old school, you would've fired JJ after the way the '84 season finished? What I was stating is that every ***-clown in the year 2022 thinks they're an 'expert' because social media provides a forum for THEIR OPINION to be expressed. Coaches aren't given the time to work at building a program. The same time that JJ was given to build a juggernaut. Not saying necessarily that Cristobal will. TIME will tell. You can make statements like 'unacceptable', blah, blah, blah..but there's simply NOTHING any of us can do other than ***** & moan or withdraw support from the program. Have at it.
JJ went 10-1 his 2nd year with a signature win against Oklahoma on the road.
In his 1st year he opened the season with wins over Auburn, ranked, and Florida.
What's Mario done?
Wrecked a good QB, and got his *** whipped by a G5 team..

In his 1st year he opened the season with wins over Auburn, ranked, and Florida.
What's Mario done?
JJ also finished his 1st season 8-5, I believe.
Cristobal certainly isn't infallible. Clearly, his priority offensively is to establish physicality at the point of attack. We've been soft as duck-**** for close to 20 years..so can't disagree there. Problem is, he's on record, as I understand it, as saying he would play to the personnel's strengths - and in TVD's case hasn't done it. TVD isn't who we thought he was either, in terms of being a complete qb. Bottom line is that it's year one, and from a big picture standpoint we'll all have to wait to find out if Mario can fix this. I'm concerned too, but pretty sure any ultimatums I put forth will fall on deaf ears.

JJ also finished his 1st season 8-5, I believe.
Cristobal certainly isn't infallible. Clearly, his priority offensively is to establish physicality at the point of attack. We've been soft as duck-**** for close to 20 years..so can't disagree there. Problem is, he's on record, as I understand it, as saying he would play to the personnel's strengths - and in TVD's case hasn't done it. TVD isn't who we thought he was either, in terms of being a complete qb. Bottom line is that it's year one, and from a big picture standpoint we'll all have to wait to find out if Mario can fix this. I'm concerned too, but pretty sure any ultimatums I put forth will fall on deaf ears.
A coach's 1st priority is to Win.
Culture & Offensive Philosophies come later.
So far Mario has been an Abysmal failure..

Advertisement
I’m not necessarily a defender of Mario. I actually wanted Lane first. However, I am for giving the guy a year before we start these type of threads. Like everyone, I’m ****ed about yesterday, but these things happen to even the best. Heck Butch got smoked by East Carolina when we had no business doing so.

I say let’s see how this team responds and finishes out year. I bet they won’t overlook another opponent again for the rest of the year.

What's Mario done?
JJ lost to some good teams, with a DC who had one foot out the door all year. It's not the same, at all. JJ's Canes in 1984 would have dropped 50 on MTSU, and held them to under 20, even with the underperforming D.

Also, wasn't Auburn ranked #1 going into that game? There was a LOT of hype for them going into the season. Bo Jackson and all.

Tell that to Utah. They didn't give a crap about Oregon's highly rated recruiting classes.

Tell what to Utah? They're in their 18th season under Kyle Wittingham and 3-9 against Oregon (going back to 1995) before the Utes impressive 2021 campaign—Mario beating them en route to a 10-2 season and Pac-12 title in 2019.

Advertisement
Tell what to Utah? They're in their 18th season under Kyle Wittingham and 3-9 against Oregon (going back to 1995) before the Utes impressive 2021 campaign—Mario beating them en route to a 10-2 season and Pac-12 title in 2019.
Yeah, when Mario had HIS team, with HIS talented players. That's my whole **** point. What happened against Utah LAST YEAR was all on Mario, and his juggernaut that he built.

I’m not necessarily a defender of Mario. I actually wanted Lane first. However, I am for giving the guy a year before we start these type of threads. Like everyone, I’m ****ed about yesterday, but these things happen to even the best. Heck Butch got smoked by East Carolina when we had no business doing so.

I say let’s see how this team responds and finishes out year. I bet they won’t overlook another opponent again for the rest of the year.

Butch fell to East Carolina twice; rocked at home 31-6 in 1996 and blowing a 23-3 lead in 1999, en route to a 27-23 loss for that transplanted game in Raleigh.

0-10 against Virginia Tech and Florida State between 1995 and 1999, as well.

Pretty silly to be all up in arms over a coaching staff four games in.

****, it took Butch four years to part way with Bill Miller on defense—getting rocked 66-13 (Syracuse) and 49-45 (UCLA) in back-to-back games before finally bringing in Schiano—yet fans want Gattis out after four games, as if that's how things work.

Advertisement
Back