Mario Cristobal

Lol @ this thread..

Oregon literally lost 3 starters in its secondary

jevon Holland a potential first round pick
Brady breeze the MVP of the rose bowl last year
Thomas graham a day 2-3 draft pick at corner

Let alone lost a top 5 pick in penei Sewell and has 5 new starting OL.

Take Surtain, Battle, Wright, and Leatherwood from Bama and see if they get exposed at all.

Advertisement
Lol @ this thread..

Take Surtain, Battle, Wright, and Leatherwood from Bama and see if they get exposed at all.

Three players tipped the scales?

Lol @ this thread..

Nonetheless, Oregon was dominating up by eleven points with less than 9-10 minutes to play ... and they lost. Good gracious alive!!

Advertisement
I don't see how somebody can make the case Cristobal is a good HC at this point. He has been failing at the most basic game day HC responsibilities for years now, losing to less talented teams.
He's a great recruiter for sure and maybe he can find his Vernables and Chad Morris/Elliot to make it all work, but he's been around long enough to at least be better than he already is. At this moment he's an average coach that can't match his team talent with performance

Advertisement
Lol @ this thread..

If it were manny. No one would give him leeway. You meant to tell me Oregon’s back ups aren’t better than osu?

Advertisement
If it were manny. No one would give him leeway. You meant to tell me Oregon’s back ups aren’t better than osu?
We had a ton of people out a few weeks ago and if we lost the people on this board would have cried to no end to fire Manny, but yet a guy who has the most talent in the conference loses and gets defended?

We had a ton of people out a few weeks ago and if we lost the people on this board would have cried to no end to fire Manny, but yet a guy who has the most talent in the conference loses and gets defended?
Not just loses. Loses to the least talented team in the league. In year 3. There are no excuses. That was a pitiful loss and it shows that Oregon is nowhere close to being really good. 3 years in. For all the “Mario is an elite recruiter” talk, his team in year 3 doesn’t reflect it. He’s a good recruiter. Not elite. Maybe some of the evaluations were off? I don’t know. But, 3 years in, they should be able to run OSU off the field. Not close to. And, frankly, they should have lost to UCLA.

Advertisement
Lmao I wanted Cristobal after Golden for sure. Ppl really acting like this man can’t coach tho..I don’t get it lol

Objectively, he’s developed a history of some inexplicable coaching in-game snafus.

Just basic stuff that any coach should know not to do.

For example, last night he’s 3rd and eight, OSU has 1 timeout left, he’s on I believe like around the 20 in his own territory.

Conventional coaching wisdom calls for a play where OSU has to call a time out if you don’t make the first down. Most likely a running play, even better yet, depending on the read, something like a well designed wide run. If a pass, a very high percentage quick screen, quick out, something with a very high completion percentage.

What you don’t want is a QB who was previously rattled dropping back ten yards and scanning downfield and throwing an incomplete duck.

What you also don’t want to do is give the ball to a team that has been gashing you in the fourth quarter with 2 minutes and a timeout to work with.

Which is exactly what happened.

Now OSU has a timeout in its back pocket, their playbook is now wide open. They can call any running or passing play they want and have plenty of time to march down the field.

Which is exactly what they did.

And you saw the folly of his call in the last sequence, with OSU attempting to squeeze into the endzone and stopped a couple of times, they didn’t need to panic, they had that time out left to use, and it made a difference.

But there are other egregious examples of boneheaded coaching decisions that he has made that have led directly to losses. The tales are legion. I’ll let other posters fill you in.

Look, honestly, I don’t think he’s a terrible coach in all aspects, but he clearly needs to learn how to be a good game day coach, because he has not learned that yet.

I also think he’s irrationally loved by some people here, and I’m just not sure about him just like I’m not sure about Manny either. I think they both have a lot to prove.

To be honest, he’s known to be a good recruiter, and he has every possible advantage at Oregon, and he has yet to really dominate like he should, with the type of talent he’s had there, he should already be dominating.

Also, his tenure at FIU was inexplicable. There are some things that look good in his resume, like for example he got an education in Alabama, he knows the inside of a good organization, that’s a plus, but how do you explain his performance at FIU?

And if he doesn’t start contending for playoffs this year or next, and this year is now out, how can you say he’s a coach that uses resources such as talent and all the other resources, effectively?

If he can’t dominate the PAC 12, and continues to lose to inferior teams when he has first round NFL talent, how can he be a good coach anywhere else?

Same with recruits. We get high 4 and 5 stars and they want everyone else.

Objectively, he’s developed a history of some inexplicable coaching in-game snafus.

Just basic stuff that any coach should know not to do.

For example, last night he’s 3rd and eight, OSU has 1 timeout left, he’s on I believe like around the 20 in his own territory.

Conventional coaching wisdom calls for a play where OSU has to call a time out if you don’t make the first down. Most likely a running play, even better yet, depending on the read, something like a well designed wide run. If a pass, a very high percentage quick screen, quick out, something with a very high completion percentage.

What you don’t want is a QB who was previously rattled dropping back ten yards and scanning downfield and throwing an incomplete duck.

What you also don’t want to do is give the ball to a team that has been gashing you in the fourth quarter with 2 minutes and a timeout to work with.

Which is exactly what happened.

Now OSU has a timeout in its back pocket, their playbook is now wide open. They can call any running or passing play they want and have plenty of time to march down the field.

Which is exactly what they did.

And you saw the folly of his call in the last sequence, with OSU attempting to squeeze into the endzone and stopped a couple of times, they didn’t need to panic, they had that time out left to use, and it made a difference.

But there are other egregious examples of boneheaded coaching decisions that he has made that have led directly to losses. The tales are legion. I’ll let other posters fill you in.

Look, honestly, I don’t think he’s a terrible coach in all aspects, but he clearly needs to learn how to be a good game day coach, because he has not learned that yet.

I also think he’s irrationally loved by some people here, and I’m just not sure about him just like I’m not sure about Manny either. I think they both have a lot to prove.

To be honest, he’s known to be a good recruiter, and he has every possible advantage at Oregon, and he has yet to really dominate like he should, with the type of talent he’s had there, he should already be dominating.

Also, his tenure at FIU was inexplicable. There are some things that look good in his resume, like for example he got an education in Alabama, he knows the inside of a good organization, that’s a plus, but how do you explain his performance at FIU?

And if he doesn’t start contending for playoffs this year or next, and this year is now out, how can you say he’s a coach that uses resources such as talent and all the other resources, effectively?

If he can’t dominate the PAC 12, and continues to lose to inferior teams when he has first round NFL talent, how can he be a good coach anywhere else?
If manny burned 3 timeouts like he did last night, our fans would lose their minds

Not just loses. Loses to the least talented team in the league. In year 3. There are no excuses. That was a pitiful loss and it shows that Oregon is nowhere close to being really good. 3 years in. For all the “Mario is an elite recruiter” talk, his team in year 3 doesn’t reflect it. He’s a good recruiter. Not elite. Maybe some of the evaluations were off? I don’t know. But, 3 years in, they should be able to run OSU off the field. Not close to. And, frankly, they should have lost to UCLA.
Calvin Ridley didn’t go to bama because of mario

Advertisement
Back