Mario Cristobal

I highly doubt you watch more cfb than me. Im just saying how irrelevant Oregon is in the grand scheme of things to me. The fact that you rattled off those guys was truly amazing to me. I mean sh*t you knew who was their rose bowl mvp or whatever. Go ducks lol

We get caught up any time yall d*ckride or make excuses for Cristobal who is a corch...its pretty simple. I been calling him a bum since FIU days as well when he was corching it up with more talent than anyone in conference lol
I’m not debating if I do or don’t. Lol literally an argument that would never be won. I knew Graham, Holland, and Sewell. I didn’t know that safety til I was watching last night when I did recon on the defense of who else opted out. But clearly he’s a dude if he went out and won rose bowl mvp.

Lol I’m sure there’s plenty of ****riders on here who are wrong about him too and praising him more than they should. People struggle to call it like it is, so many extremists about situations. I’m sure there’s coaches you like that I don’t like and vice versa. Theres not too many elite coaches out there, I think people have false expectations of coaches.

Advertisement
I’m not debating if I do or don’t. Lol literally an argument that would never be won. I knew Graham, Holland, and Sewell. I didn’t know that safety til I was watching last night when I did recon on the defense of who else opted out. But clearly he’s a dude if he went out and won rose bowl mvp.

Lol I’m sure there’s plenty of ****riders on here who are wrong about him too and praising him more than they should. People struggle to call it like it is, so many extremists about situations. I’m sure there’s coaches you like that I don’t like and vice versa. Theres not too many elite coaches out there, I think people have false expectations of coaches.
Agreed.

Manny shouldnt be named in the ELite coaches group at all. Who are some of the coaches you like?

I dont think calling him a corch is to the extremist level....its kind of what he is. There's history with that. Dabo was also the invention of the word CORCH but came up out of that.
I personally think Manny and Mario is a wash. But thats bad as Mario had a head start as a HC and coached under championship regime for awhile. Mario is a better recruiter, Manny though is a better on field coach imo.

Oregon still out talents Wazzu, Oregon State, and UCLA by a lot, and he was in dog fights with the first two (should've lost to UCLA) and lost to Oregon State, who won 5 games last year. I'm aware that Oregon had those guys opt out. They also didn't maximize Herbert last year and make the CFP in what was probably the best shot that he'll have for at least a few years. He out recruits the whole conference (even USC) so he's definitely going to catch flack when they lose to teams that he has much more talent then. It is what is is.

Agreed.

Manny shouldnt be named in the ELite coaches group at all. Who are some of the coaches you like?

I dont think calling him a corch is to the extremist level....its kind of what he is. There's history with that. Dabo was also the invention of the word CORCH but came up out of that.
I personally think Manny and Mario is a wash. But thats bad as Mario had a head start as a HC and coached under championship regime for awhile. Mario is a better recruiter, Manny though is a better on field coach imo.
Yeah I’d agree with that. And as far as HCs? The two best are clearly Dabo and Saban. Everyone can point to bags but how many other teams have bags and suck lol cfb is tough. Up and coming coaches I’m a big fan of Hafley from BC. Their DC has them playing good football too. I think Jimbo, Schiano, and Chryst are all real good and under appreciated HCs at times.

Advertisement
Oregon still out talents Wazzu, Oregon State, and UCLA by a lot, and he was in dog fights with the first two (should've lost to UCLA) and lost to Oregon State, who won 5 games last year. I'm aware that Oregon had those guys opt out. They also didn't maximize Herbert last year and make the CFP in what was probably the best shot that he'll have for at least a few years. He out recruits the whole conference (even USC) so he's definitely going to catch flack when they lose to teams that he has much more talent then. It is what is is.
Yeah I don’t disagree with any of that. They took a step up on offense with Moorehead as OC. The defense was top 10 I think last year even though they look awful this year. Big drop off. He has some monster recruiters on staff too.

Manny and Mario are totally different. I’d probably take Mario still, as I think he’s a guy that could do closer to what Butch did here with recruiting and development and a focus on OL.

But Manny might have a higher ceiling bc he’s a smarter more flexible guy who will adapt.

Basically either one could win here, and both could also fail here. It’s honestly more about what the school is willing to do to give Manny the best opportunity to succeed. That means keeping Lashlee, continuing to upgrade support staff, and recruiting budgets.

Yeah I don’t disagree with any of that. They took a step up on offense with Moorehead as OC. The defense was top 10 I think last year even though they look awful this year. Big drop off. He has some monster recruiters on staff too.
The defense last year was filthy. Having Sewell and Flowe for the next two years will help. Agree that Moorehead will improve things as well. USC swiped Donte Williams off that staff so let's see if they have as much success in Southern California.

Advertisement
The defense last year was filthy. Having Sewell and Flowe for the next two years will help. Agree that Moorehead will improve things as well. USC swiped Donte Williams off that staff so let's see if they have as much success in Southern California.
Yeah Donte got a lot of connects in LA. He played at a juco I coached at, under the same HC.

I wouldn't go as far as saying Oregon losing an annual rivalry game to an in-state rival that is still technically a Power 5 team is worse than Miami losing to a lower level Group of 5 school. But that's also not a game that Oregon should lose and if that was Miami, fans wouldn't be making those excuses about missing players. **** they barely wanted to excuse Miami for going on the road to beat Virginia Tech with a bunch of missing players.
Oregon State's won 8 total games in the last 3 years. They'd be a low level G5 team if they were G5.

I was a Mario guy until I saw what Herbert is doing in the NFL. Where was this guy at Oregon? No doubt Mario is a elite recruiter and putting Together a good roster but last night was inexcusable and he has definitely made some head scratching decisions during his Oregon tenure.

Agreed.

Mario doesn’t make adjustments. In fairness to manny, I have seen a ton of games where he makes adjustments. It’s probably a wash. You are right

Advertisement
Agreed.

If you want to compare resumes before becoming HC Manny blows Dabo out the water

If Manny gets his head out of is *** got rid of baker and hired mushchamp/strong as his DC and just took on a CEO role he could do great things here

Advertisement
Manny is not getting rid of baker
That would be him admitting his system sucks and he needs to run a new system which he won’t do
And no dc that we would be happy with would ever come here to run manny’s defense
So if baker is gone I bet Banda is the next dc

Advertisement
Back