Mario Cristobal

How do you know we won’t get better? And why have you lost hope 6 games into year 1 more than you lost hope with Randy (4-3 in first 7 with a 40 point loss and losses to GT at home and UNC) or Golden (2-3 first 5 in year 1 with losses to Maryland, Kansas State, and VT) or Richt (4 game losing streak in the middle of year 1)?

I’m not defending Manny in any way, I’m just saying it’s kinda silly to say you’ve lost “this much hope” when we’ve lost 3 games by a total of 16 points, beat a ranked team, and are playing one whole senior on the entire 2-deep on offense. I’ve been as critical as anyone, but you’re certain the offense won’t improve over the next 2.5 years when it’s filled with freshmen and sophomores? Ok.

3 games we shouldn’t have lost at all and beat Virginia, who didn’t deserve their ranking. I’m concerned about the defense, leadership and decision-making of the HC. The offense will get better. Randy couldn’t get a good OC and by all accounts had poor social skills, while Al & Mark chose friendship and family over the program.

Manny seemed to have recognized the impact nepotism had on the student athletes and remedied that by summarily dismissing the entire offensive staff, but then somehow repeated the mistake of both predecessors by hiring his unqualified friends—who’ve performed so poorly—that seniors quit and he was forced to reclaim command of the defense. This, 5 games in w/ a 2-3 record after preaching the “standard” all offseason...I’ve seen enough.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Mario was a traitor....

If he had stuck with UM...he could have been here when MR left.....maybe him and Diaz would have teamed up... now that could have also been a successful coaching partnership.

Couple Cubano guys from the Crib.... defending the crib...

Just a question... Did you attend the []__[]?

3 games we shouldn’t have lost at all and beat Virginia, who didn’t deserve their ranking. I’m concerned about the defense, leadership and decision-making of the HC. The offense will get better. Randy couldn’t get a good OC and by all accounts had poor social skills, while Al & Mark chose friendship and family over the program.

Manny seemed to have recognized the impact nepotism had on the student athletes and remedied that by summarily dismissing the entire offensive staff, but then somehow repeated the mistake of both predecessors by hiring his unqualified friends—who’ve performed so poorly—that seniors quit and he was forced to reclaimed command of the defense. This, 5 games in w/ a 2-3 record after preaching the “standard” all offseason...I’ve seen enough.

I even found the Virginia win to be a crappy game to be honest.

This is the first season I can recall where I thought the team played badly in all 5 opening games vs FBS opponents. Even Shannon and Golden would have at least 1 early to mid season game that was decent or even good.

Yet his most loaded team ever with a first round QB losses to a TrFr QB playing his first game. Mario will turn back into the pumpkin he is over his next 5 games. Be sure to bump this thread

Let’s compare Oregon’s opening game slug fest loss to Auburn to that of Manny’ slugfest win over that directional school from Michigan.

Mario’s going to win the PAC 12 with one loss and have a punchers shot at the playoffs.

Manny will be fighting it out with FIU.

Advertisement

We could hire Saban here, but guess what if we don't spend the kind money necessary in order for him to succeed he would fail too.

Where and how would the admin spend this money? Let’s assume per your example, we had a Saban type coach with a great staff. Where would this money that we’re not spending be spent so that recruiting would improve?

Let’s compare Oregon’s opening game slug fest loss to Auburn to that of Manny’ slugfest win over that directional school from Michigan.

Mario’s going to win the PAC 12 with one loss and have a punchers shot at the playoffs.

Manny will be fighting it out with FIU.

Yes and no. #1 if this resembles defense it's like Ellen resembles zach from saved by the bell. With manny we will play far better d. But with Daniel's at qb that offense is potentially elite. How do you think we do against a elite offense... hahahaha #2 the defense and offense we see and struggle against weekly arent on that level. But I dont wanna slander the kids just to make a point. I'm just saying people need to take a hard look in the mirror before we critique everyone else.

Daniels isnt even their best qb. USC is noooo different than us. We are a mirror of each other. UCLA cant play with us honestly.

You're arguing points I never made.

My comment was about the fact we don't spend money as a program & therefore our recruiting suffers because of it.

If Mario was our HC but we didn't spend the kind of money they spend at Bama, Oregon etc., then his great recruitng acumen would be in decline because he would have to operate with one hand behind his back.

We could hire Saban here, but guess what if we don't spend the kind money necessary in order for him to succeed he would fail too.

I didn't defend Manny once in my comment, you're arguing against sh*t I didn't say & then acting like that was my point when it wasn't.

The fact is, Miami is a cheap program, the BOT & school administrators do not allocate the funds necessary for us to succeed as a winning program in this new era football. That includes hiring Manny.

An admin that actually gave AF about Football wouldn't have hired Manny after Richt stepped down, that was my overall point. Your response is more aimed at other people, because you completely took what I said out of context & lumped me in with an argument I never made.

Manny's problem is the decisions he's made in choosing his staff. Has noting to do with spending and the portal was played nicely to augment our roster.

Advertisement
Agreed. The ACC this year is BY FAR the worst P5 conference. It's not even close. The ACC is very close to the AAC actually. The AAC is 6th....the metrics have the ACC (5th) much closer to that than the Pac-12 (4th).

Sounds good....but the beating i seen UCF put on Stanford...and UCF would be middle of the road in the ACC let me know something. I stand by what i said...and most pac 12 games i watch on saturdays after drinks and smashing some chick the defenses look like utter sh*t. And thats going on YEARSSS....

He failed against peer competition... he wasn't playing Oklahoma week in week out. How many coaches have been fired at this level and gone on to do great things?

The good coaches find a way to win.

UAB didn't even have a program 3 years ago and Bill Clark's kicking the crap out of his conference. That's the type of results we should be looking at.

The ONLY reason Mario's being mentioned so much is he played here.

And he is cuban. FAU owns Mario with a coach that was doing bumps during the game

Yet his most loaded team ever with a first round QB losses to a TrFr QB playing his first game. Mario will turn back into the pumpkin he is over his next 5 games. Be sure to bump this thread

... not to mention recruiting to Oregon with their facilities and financial backing.

Color me impressed if he were doing this at Oregon State.

All the Manny trashing; Mario is as worse as a game manager than Butch was early on. Absolutely ****ed away that Auburn game. Had Diaz done that, it'd never have been forgiven. Mario does it week one, six weeks later Miami fans are still blowing him. Got it.

This, let's see how the season pans out for him.

Advertisement
The guy won his conference at FIU in 2010. FIU was trash when he took over the program in 07. Mario will do well, he has a good staff, and is going to have another great class. There is a Miami commit headed ro Eugene, and I think he flips.

it was trash when he took over, and it was trash when he left. We’ll see how Cristobal does without an NFL QB to inherit.

You're arguing points I never made.

My comment was about the fact we don't spend money as a program & therefore our recruiting suffers because of it.

If Mario was our HC but we didn't spend the kind of money they spend at Bama, Oregon etc., then his great recruitng acumen would be in decline because he would have to operate with one hand behind his back.

I didn't defend Manny once in my comment, you're arguing against sh*t I didn't say & then acting like that was my point when it wasn't.

The fact is, Miami is a cheap program, the BOT & school administrators do not allocate the funds necessary for us to succeed as a winning program in this new era football. That includes hiring Manny.

An admin that actually gave AF about Football wouldn't have hired Manny after Richt stepped down, that was my overall point. Your response is more aimed at other people, because you completely took what I said out of context & lumped me in with an argument I never made.
Im not saying you're arguing for manny & I understand your point well. However my point was mario was on this staff in a time when we actually had even less of a commitment from top to bottom & HE WAS CONSIDERED AN ELITE RECRUITER. Anotherwords he knows well what it is to have one hand tied behind your back yet he still excelled with that one arm. Manny is a coach here at a time were far more committed. He has soooooooo many selling points to the program that admin has provided,from facilities that are modern & atleast up to par. Brand new dorms on campus arena,ipf etc. Am I saying it's on par with most elite programs or even close no not at all. But if you've been around our program for a minute and actually seen what we were working with u cant dispute the improvements are drastic. However manny chose to bring in a staff full of clowns who excell at nothing... evaluations lack,coaching is miserable, scheme is basic. Kids have zero compatibility with the staff,recruiting is a joke, need I go on. All he is capable of landing & keeping is projects we cant develop...My only point I was bringing up was you mention admin & changes etc. But the problem is as long as this staff is here we cant expect much better. Obviously that's all on admin. BUT that's not changing any time soon except one or two here or there. Most of them gotta go. We have nowhere to go but up.

Advertisement
I think Mario would be an upgrade over Manny but since when is he an elite recruiter? Who did he recruit at Alabama the Tide wouldn’t have signed anyway? Aren’t they about bags? Was Mario the wizard running the bag game? And why did Saban demote and then more or less fire Mario?

[/QUOTE]
... not to mention recruiting to Oregon with their facilities and financial backing.

Color me impressed if he were doing this at Oregon State.

All the Manny trashing; Mario is as worse as a game manager than Butch was early on. Absolutely ****ed away that Auburn game. Had Diaz done that, it'd never have been forgiven. Mario does it week one, six weeks later Miami fans are still blowing him. Got it.
YOU MEAN LIKE MANNY HAS DONE IN 3 GAMES THIS YEAR...

I think Mario would be an upgrade over Manny but since when is he an elite recruiter? Who did he recruit at Alabama the Tide wouldn’t have signed anyway? Aren’t they about bags? Was Mario the wizard running the bag game? And why did Saban demote and then more or less fire Mario?

Saban never fired or even demoted Mario. There were some rumors at one point that Saban was going to demote Mario to TE coach, but they proved to be complete BS.

With that being said, it was only rumored that Saban was going to demote Mario because Alabama fans wished that would happen. They did not think Mario was a good OL coach.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back