Mario Cristobal

New OC?

/s

Sure, why not. He's been known to quit jobs after a few weeks.

I'd actually prefer that we not extend him a job offer ever again.

300k work for Golden 750k work for Saban. Cmon man, he saw the sinking ship. Just be thankful we are on an upward trajectory for the first time since 2002, and firing core values was the start of it.

So he didn't notice all the water during the interview process, but after 3 days of work he realized the ship was sinking?

Advertisement
New OC?

/s

300k work for Golden 750k work for Saban. Cmon man, he saw the sinking ship. Just be thankful we are on an upward trajectory for the first time since 2002, and firing core values was the start of it.

Cut the crap. He ACCEPTED a job on a sinking ship and then stayed for a couple of weeks.

I don't care what the situation was, if you are wary of joining Golden, DON'T ACCEPT THE JOB. It's his god**** alma mater, it's not Southwest Missouri State or some such nonsense.

Do you honestly believe that Mario would never have gotten another offer in his life if he had stayed with Golden? **** no. This is not a D'Onofrio situation. People can see that a UM alum stuck it out in a bad situation with a horrible coach, and Mario would have gotten a ton of offers for himself.

It's not complicated. My own school is not like any other employer. I'm not going to accept an offer at UM, and then quit weeks later. That's just ridiculous, and don't BS me with that Saban nonsense. If that's the job he wanted, he should have waited a couple of weeks to decide.

New OC?

/s

So he didn't notice all the water during the interview process, but after 3 days of work he realized the ship was sinking?

30 days

New OC?

/s

Cut the crap. He ACCEPTED a job on a sinking ship and then stayed for a couple of weeks.

I don't care what the situation was, if you are wary of joining Golden, DON'T ACCEPT THE JOB. It's his god**** alma mater, it's not Southwest Missouri State or some such nonsense.

Do you honestly believe that Mario would never have gotten another offer in his life if he had stayed with Golden? **** no. This is not a D'Onofrio situation. People can see that a UM alum stuck it out in a bad situation with a horrible coach, and Mario would have gotten a ton of offers for himself.

It's not complicated. My own school is not like any other employer. I'm not going to accept an offer at UM, and then quit weeks later. That's just ridiculous, and don't BS me with that Saban nonsense. If that's the job he wanted, he should have waited a couple of weeks to decide.

Alma Mater or not, more than double the salary and opportunity with the top head coach in this business outweighs working for a MAC coach at your alma mater.

Kevin Beard just did the same thing, loyalty in this business is non existent when opportunity comes knocking. What is so hard to understand about this.

Advertisement
No self-respecting, life-loving SFLA recruit would want to go to that place. It is night and day in terms of having a life. The NW area has the most suicides in the country. Besides that cute stadium they have, there is nothing else to do for eight months of the year.

Richt is no fool. He himself was banned from Miami when he was an assistant for FSU. Richt probably stands to gain by having Cristobal on campus. Something we don't know about.

Advertisement
No self-respecting, life-loving SFLA recruit would want to go to that place. It is night and day in terms of having a life. The NW area has the most suicides in the country. Besides that cute stadium they have, there is nothing else to do for eight months of the year.

Chad Ochocinco? NW area?

He was, in fact, at practice. Here's an unretouched picture of that scumbag traitor piece of **** from today's practice:

cristobag.jpg

no problem with him going to another school and recruiting against us--problem was with how he left us. dont care if any of our former players who are coaches on other teams recruit south florida--it's their job. they aren't backstabbing u or the U--just doing a job that earns them money.

New OC?

/s

Alma Mater or not, more than double the salary and opportunity with the top head coach in this business outweighs working for a MAC coach at your alma mater.

Kevin Beard just did the same thing, loyalty in this business is non existent when opportunity comes knocking. What is so hard to understand about this.

You have no clue how much he was making here or at Alabaga. But go ahead and hinge your loyalty on money anyway. It's weak.

Advertisement
New OC?

/s

Can we please stop promoting this mythology?!?!? Cristobal didn't get $750K to go to Bama!

►Mario Cristobal to $525,000 from $515,000.

And that's from a 2016 article, so he was likely earning less when he took the job in 2013.
Alabama pumps up strength coach's salary to $525,000 a year

Can we please stop promoting this mythology?!?!? Cristobal didn't get $750K to go to Bama!

And that's from a 2016 article, so he was likely earning less when he took the job in 2013.

You guys have no clue how college coaching contracts are worded. 525k is base salary, there are other escalator type clauses that boost them up each year.

Advertisement

You guys have no clue how college coaching contracts are worded. 525k is base salary, there are other escalator type clauses that boost them up each year.

Trust me on this. I know how they work.

Just stop promoting that he got $750K.

Maybe he was only getting $250K at Miami? So your point about him "doubling" his Miami salary might be accurate.

But he didn't get $750K from Alabama.

He's "only" getting $700K from Oregon to be the co-oc.

http://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/index.ssf/2017/01/mario_cristobal_officially_add.html

u might as well load up ya ps4 or xbox and run to one corner of the skyrim map back n forth for a week and thats pretty much Oregon without the dragons

Advertisement
Back