Mario Cristobal offers no discernable advantage

My top two are Lane Kiffin or Hugh Freeze because I know with them their offenses will put up points. Freeze is also a demon on the recruiting trail.

I don't like the idea of Cristobal relying on two coordinator hires to succeed. Having to continually hit on coordinators if one or the other leaves due to success is added question marks to a success formula.

I'm not saying Kiffin or Freeze are without question marks, but at least with them you know one side of the ball is covered.

I like Hugh Freeze...I can hang with Lane Kiffin as long as he doesnt bolt after 2 years.

Advertisement
My top two are Lane Kiffin or Hugh Freeze because I know with them their offenses will put up points. Freeze is also a demon on the recruiting trail.

I don't like the idea of Cristobal relying on two coordinator hires to succeed. Having to continually hit on coordinators if one or the other leaves due to success is added question marks to a success formula.

I'm not saying Kiffin or Freeze are without question marks, but at least with them you know one side of the ball is covered.
The biggest question on Mario will be that constant need to hit on coordinators. I think it’s a real concern. In fairness, his hiring history has been pretty good.

Discussion? Who cares about a discussion with the playoffs?

Oregon isn’t some rinky dink program. They have tons of resources and have had success for sometime.

Remember when Chip Kelly was there? He lost 3 conference games over 4 seasons. Chip Kelly did a lot bigger things at OU than Mario has and Chip did it when there was actual competition in conference.

Maybe Mario can coach but the competition in the PAC-12 is awful.
So what if the Pac-12 is awful? There is no discussion without a win over Ohio State. None. Mario would be an upgrade over what Miami has had, and I don’t see the next National Title coach walking theough the door, so if he can win us our division regularly and put Miami in the discussion, then I care. And yes, thats where this program is. We need to start winning consecutive bowl games before we start thumbing our noses to coaches who merely “improve” our program.

That's your opinion. I'm sure many agree and many disagree. Do you think Kiffin wants to be at Ole Miss and dog fight every year just to be relevant or come to the ACC where he can win conference titles and make the CFP?

Being an alum and Miami being home are the only reasons Mario would come to Miami. Why leave a team on the verge of a CFP that you built to come to a rebuild? A downgrade as you said for Kiffin would be even more so for Mario.

As much as the fans want Mario, do we even know if he's interested at this point?
Well without knowing either individual I get ur skepticism. VERY different people. Kiffin just wants to make money and get back to the NFL. His path to that is far more so in the sec than it is here where it's not an even playing field. He's also not interested in a long term situation. Mario you mention being an alum and coming home in the same breath while you dismiss the relevance of that. #1 Mario is a family guy. Him, Jessica, his kids, all born and raised here. His entire family firmly established in the community and the kind of guy Mario is to be in a position to coach at the University that it all started out at... To put his career this early on in a position he'll NEVER have to go anywhere again and be surrounded by all of the people he knows and loves... His attention is piqued. Now it's up to us to get a good ad in place and make it happen. Still a few steps in this process and only one stone has fallen. So I'm gonna cut my side of this right here. Have a blessed day

Advertisement
We have 19 pages of MC is no discernible advantage and counting.LOL! What a ***** show this site is!

Truly enjoying coming to this site for the laffs! 😂🤣

Some of you are completely clueless… GodSpeed

He's gonna leave and come to Miami hahahahaha

Attachments

• 20211116_181753.jpg
    20211116_181753.jpg
    935.6 KB · Views: 11
Apparently there is some discontent in the Oregon WR corps... They have a QB who barely throws the ball and a number of really talented receivers. One of them hit the portal today.....

Mycah Pittman... apparently he isn't the only one unhappy with the way the season has gone in the passing game.

Advertisement
So was Manny Diaz, James Coley and numerous others....UNTIL you dont suck up to them and offer everyone and they dont like you. They LOVE You when you arent actually IN South Florida.

I actually like Mario for his National work more so than this s.fla cesspool. Want doors open in Bama...Cali...dont know if he still have Jersey connects but you get my drift.
I get what ur saying but Mandy has never been loved by kids or coaches and has no recruiting connections. The rest of it I get and agree.

Hey, but for real, on this topic, something went wrong with how Herbert was handled at Oregon. It's not even what he's done in the NFL. Dude stepped into the Senior Bowl and looked like he had previously played a different sport to the one he now dominated. People were even skeptical about the difference in how he looked. I can't tell you exactly why or how this happened, but it's strange to have not unleashed him while at Oregon. I'm sure there's some explanation we don't know about.

Here's an excerpt:

Strangely though, despite insane tools at 6-6 and 236 pounds with a live arm and effortless athleticism, in 2019 Oregon restricted Herbert, making him a secondary piece of the offense and focusing on running the football and playing sound defense. Think about that for a second. Oregon had a legitimate contender to be the No. 1 overall pick at quarterback, and had no qualms about placing him in the background of the offense. But, from a team perspective, the philosophy worked. The Ducks went 12-2 and won the Rose Bowl.

But it completely confounded the draft community. Why would Oregon schematically limit Herbert's importance? Why was Herbert playing so conservatively? Where were the deep strikes? The awesome throws while on the move? The long scrambles? Why are they running on third and long?

He is throwing the ball to Keenan Allen & Mike Williams instead of WR’s no one can name at Oregon without googling them.

Advertisement
I will be watching closely every second of the game vs utah this coming saturday

Is the offense he runs at Oregon his system?

have you read not much on the board lately? That's the issue with him, he don't have a system. He's never been an offensive nor defensive coordinator. That's why I want kiffin, if he can behave himself. Tvd will win the heisman with lane kiffin, it's a very distinct possibility.

OP spewing a lethal amount of truth here.

One of my issues with Luigi is that I just don't know what his physical presence in the stadium adds on actual gameday and that's personally a major issue.

The debate around here about other facets of the job between him and Kiffin is going to be interesting and people will absolutely be able to make valid cases for Cristobal in those areas.

I'd just ask this- if you're in a big game and the score is tied at halftime then who would you trust more to win that game if all things are equal?

I'd absolutely LOVE if we could simply "out-talent" every opponent due to Cristobal's recruiting prowess but I'm not sure if that prowess lasts forever and I think that mindset has a ceiling that probably doesn't involve national championships.
Mario will need the resources to hire good coordinators
He would be a true ceo type
Let him do what he does best
His advantage is recruiting
Even if he wins half the battles we lost for local kids over the last 4 years this is a totally different team

He is throwing the ball to Keenan Allen & Mike Williams instead of WR’s no one can name at Oregon without googling them.
I don't think that's a viable argument for what happened there with Herbert. Did you see the article and its data? It was a clear effort to be a run heavy team. Listen, to each their own, but if you have that talent at QB, I think it's fair for people to ask "what the heck happened that he was restrained?"

Advertisement
Apparently there is some discontent in the Oregon WR corps... They have a QB who barely throws the ball and a number of really talented receivers. One of them hit the portal today.....

Mycah Pittman... apparently he isn't the only one unhappy with the way the season has gone in the passing game.
Pittman did a Tik Tok saying he was going to the portal? Oregon is going to lose Saturday at Utah. Great news for all who want Mario to Miami.

Randy Shannon, Al Golden and Mark Richt have all had top 10 classes, Diaz was ranked 11 last year. A competent coach here should have no problems stringing together top 10-ish classes. But talent only gets you so far. Eventually you'll need to out x's and o's the other team.
All those class ranks are falsely elevated by high ranking skill players
In the trentches we don’t recruit close to a top 15 level
That’s where Mario needs to use his skills

Well without knowing either individual I get ur skepticism. VERY different people. Kiffin just wants to make money and get back to the NFL. His path to that is far more so in the sec than it is here where it's not an even playing field. He's also not interested in a long term situation. Mario you mention being an alum and coming home in the same breath while you dismiss the relevance of that. #1 Mario is a family guy. Him, Jessica, his kids, all born and raised here. His entire family firmly established in the community and the kind of guy Mario is to be in a position to coach at the University that it all started out at... To put his career this early on in a position he'll NEVER have to go anywhere again and be surrounded by all of the people he knows and loves... His attention is piqued. Now it's up to us to get a good ad in place and make it happen. Still a few steps in this process and only one stone has fallen. So I'm gonna cut my side of this right here. Have a blessed day
Ay have you said some names you'd like as AD?

And do you think an AD AND Alonzo would be a situation that could work?

I don't think that's a viable argument for what happened there with Herbert. Did you see the article and its data? It was a clear effort to be a run heavy team. Listen, to each their own, but if you have that talent at QB, I think it's fair for people to ask "what the heck happened that he was restrained?"
I didn’t read the article but I will explain myself a little. Herbert has played great but it wasn’t like he went to a offense that didn’t put yards the year before or didn’t have weapons for him already placed. Phillip Rivers on his last leg at LAC put up 4600 yards in passing with 591 attempts. Herbert had 4300 with 595 attempts and 31 TD’s with one less game. Also in a lot of those games, LAC were down and trying to make a comeback. So the offense production wasn’t nothing out the normal for the Chargers.

While at Oregon he throw for 3,471 on 428 attempts with 32 TD’s in a offense that didn’t need to relay on him to play Hero ball. In a way he was more efficient at Oregon and the end goal was met with the team going 12-2 with a Rose Bowl met.

I guess what I’m trying to say is he step in LAC and did exactly what the system asked for. As he did exactly what Oregon asked from him.

Advertisement
Back