Coaching Mario can win big right NOW and here is further evidence.

Advertisement
I don't understand the pessimistic attitude by some on here that the Canes are not expected to win the Coastal next year. Clemson and Texas A&M are almost guaranteed losses, but what other games should Miami lose? We expected Manny to win the Coastal this year, but Mario can't do it in a full season of TVD at QB and the young bucks on defense having experience from this year? Plus, no Kenny Pickett and more than likely, no Sam Howell next year either. The man is getting $8M a year with P5 championship experience. He should have at least the same expectations that Manny did.

Look, we all know the Canes aren't a playoff contender. The OL and defensive front 7 are not that caliber yet. However, the Coastal division is not the SEC West by a long shot. To me, 9-3 and a Coastal title should be the expectation for next year.
A little premature to call anything a guaranteed loss. We are going to hit the portal hard and a lot will change within the portal after spring ball. We still have February signing.

Maybe not competing for the CFP for a couple of years, but as of this season, under MANNY, we had the 13th best talent in the country (according to the website experts, who are pretty terrible, but it's all we got for this conversation).

If Mario can close this class out well, then add some chess pieces in the portal to fill some holes, to me a TVD led team can do some real damage in college football THIS YEAR. Hitting on a top QB is worth 3-4 Top 100 recruits at other positions to me. It can change a team. We have him.

Judging by some of the posts on here, I think some of you are in for a Samuel L. Jackson level of mother ******* surprise by what a championship-structured program looks like. Get excited. Things are different now. This composite is based on the roster (not just recruiting classes) regardless of where kids came from. It includes transfers. LFG.

View attachment 169779
View attachment 169780

I’m confused. I understand that coaching doesn’t matter and only players/recruiting determines how good your team is, but why do I see FSU on this list and not Cincinnati? OP must have pulled the wrong list, right?

chill the roster needs alot, these rankings dont mean **** unless u bringing in a ton of 5 star high level guys by the droves

Advertisement
I don't understand the pessimistic attitude by some on here that the Canes are not expected to win the Coastal next year. Clemson and Texas A&M are almost guaranteed losses, but what other games should Miami lose? We expected Manny to win the Coastal this year, but Mario can't do it in a full season of TVD at QB and the young bucks on defense having experience from this year? Plus, no Kenny Pickett and more than likely, no Sam Howell next year either. The man is getting $8M a year with P5 championship experience. He should have at least the same expectations that Manny did.

Look, we all know the Canes aren't a playoff contender. The OL and defensive front 7 are not that caliber yet. However, the Coastal division is not the SEC West by a long shot. To me, 9-3 and a Coastal title should be the expectation for next year.
I’m not moping already or anything it’s just how many times over the past 15 years did you expect to win the coastal and saw no L’s on the schedule?

Like richt came in with a decent qb and some pieces but there were some holes. Alright team that year, finished strong, but ultimately didn’t win the coastal. I just expect to be a lot better in year 2 is all.

Advertisement

Clemson?!?!? They’re not beating Miami outright

I’m not moping already or anything it’s just how many times over the past 15 years did you expect to win the coastal and saw no L’s on the schedule?

Like richt came in with a decent qb and some pieces but there were some holes. Alright team that year, finished strong, but ultimately didn’t win the coastal. I just expect to be a lot better in year 2 is all.
Very true, but why change expectations for Mario? He is the most decorated head coach brought in quite a long time and obviously paid in the top tier of coaches. Which Coastal team would you take over Miami's talent?

Clemson?!?!? They’re not beating Miami outright
Perhaps, but there are 2 schools Miami plays next year who have more talent on paper - Texas A&M and Clemson. If Clemson's QB plays like he did this year, Miami has a great shot. However, I would imagine he will improve somewhat. We shall see.

With the portal, anything is possible in today’s game. We definitely have some big needs to address with this team, but when you have a stud QB that is the single biggest chip. If Mario plucks the right pieces from the portal to address our huge needs on the OL, DL, and at LB…

In a division / conference as pathetic top to bottom as the ACC and specifically the Coastal, it should absolutely be the expectation that we are in play for the ACCCG in Mario’s first year. IMO.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I’m confused. I understand that coaching doesn’t matter and only players/recruiting determines how good your team is, but why do I see FSU on this list and not Cincinnati? OP must have pulled the wrong list, right?
Because it's also about evaluations and development.

Very true, but why change expectations for Mario? He is the most decorated head coach brought in quite a long time and obviously paid in the top tier of coaches. Which Coastal team would you take over Miami's talent?
I'm not setting my expectations for Cristobal until I see his coaching staff, specifically his coordinators.

Next year we need to win every game me. Texas A&M and Clemson are the only acceptable losses and that's pushing it. Covid reset the map. Everyone isn't who they were. 12-0 needs to be the expectation. A competitive 11-1 or 10-2 with a competitive ACCCG is the only acceptable outcome and I'll be happily ****ed.

Advertisement
Back