Coaching Mario can win big right NOW and here is further evidence.

Advertisement
Advertisement
We have a QB who should roll through the ACC

And a lot of talent at a lot of positions

If Mario and staff can improve a few positions (OL, LB, DE, and CB) and develop a lot of the talent we have

Then this should be a 10 win team

Advertisement
I need to see how the OL and defensive front 7 look before I predict anything.

Same.

We really, really lack depth up front on both sides. We have no real DUDE at pass rusher, we aren't very big at the interior on the defensive side, and our LB's are very meh outside of a few young pups who have all world talent but haven't DONE IT yet. Mario can't make chicken salad out of chicken sh*t with the OL quite yet. It can be schemed around to a certain degree vs. certain opponents but look at how TAMU has recruited in the front 7 over the past couple years...

That will be an issue, same with Clemson, although they haven't recruited as well as TAMU. We will be strong in those spots under him in due time, but it will take exactly that...time. Our lack of recruiting there is going to show up. We need Zion back, we need a plug and play RT, we need Campbell to step up, and we need an upgrade at OG opposite Rivers.

We need an A1 pass rusher who would be our alpha there, and we need an instant contributor at LB and CB. We need ALOT. Let me see what additions we make/don't make along with obviously our staff hires and then we can really put some predictions with some sense behind them.

TAMU will not be easy though. The way that they have recruited in their front 7 and OL, is really, really, bad for us considering how poorly we have recruited on OL and our front 7. Bad matchup.

We need someone to drop a bag for Jared Verse.

We most certainly can win the ACC this coming season. Mario is gonna increase the blue chip ratio in short time here but the key thing he will have is the ability to build a defensive front 7 that challenges playoff teams, on a bad or a good day. I don't think for all his recruiting that was something he was gonna do at Oregon, not to the playoffs level where u can go toe to toe. He will certainly fix the OL.

Biggest thing though, is fixing the mentality and the entire operation of whats been going on once the players sign. The summer workouts, the practices, the nutrition, strength and conditioning...the mentality of unaccountability.

Advertisement
I'm excited for the Mario hire. I think the change in culture that he will bring is far overdue. But rarely do new coaches walk into a program like ours that has been poorly mismanaged for the last 20 years and dominate instantly. I hope our fanbase will have a little bit of patience with Mario if he stumbles out of the gate, but knowing our fans, I highly doubt that.

I'm excited for the Mario hire. I think the change in culture that he will bring is far overdue. But rarely do new coaches walk into a program like ours that has been poorly mismanaged for the last 20 years and dominate instantly. I hope our fanbase will have a little bit of patience with Mario if he stumbles out of the gate, but knowing our fans, I highly doubt that.
I agree with you and at the same time it’s hard to ignore how much the ACC is up for the taking

Especially with TVD

I think a lot of people have echoed this point but it’s not necessarily losing games that has been so brutal to see. **** happens in college. But it’s how we lose them that stings

I agree with you and at the same time it’s hard to ignore how much the ACC is up for the taking

Especially with TVD

I think a lot of people have echoed this point but it’s not necessarily losing games that has been so brutal to see. **** happens in college. But it’s how we lose them that stings
Don't disagree. Certainly a path to instant success. But I am going to reserve judgement for a few years. Building a contender takes time.

Advertisement
The key games next year are A&M and Clemson. Beat them the national media will be taking notice.
Until we see some HC Super Mario powerup tokens, TAMU is going to prison love our Canes next year.

However, let's revisit this 2d game of season.

Hopefully CIS can remain realistic* and patient* on progress measures.

*😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

I don't understand the pessimistic attitude by some on here that the Canes are not expected to win the Coastal next year. Clemson and Texas A&M are almost guaranteed losses, but what other games should Miami lose? We expected Manny to win the Coastal this year, but Mario can't do it in a full season of TVD at QB and the young bucks on defense having experience from this year? Plus, no Kenny Pickett and more than likely, no Sam Howell next year either. The man is getting $8M a year with P5 championship experience. He should have at least the same expectations that Manny did.

Look, we all know the Canes aren't a playoff contender. The OL and defensive front 7 are not that caliber yet. However, the Coastal division is not the SEC West by a long shot. To me, 9-3 and a Coastal title should be the expectation for next year.

Advertisement
Back